Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract changes advertised today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

zweton wrote: »
    do cancellation have a direct number.

I'm afraid they don't, you have to go thru cust service 1905 nr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I am useless. I called them complained about my box, complained about the price. He just told me to do a factory re-set. I came off the phone no better off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Just off, got upgraded from 50-120mb and free local and national calls weekdays and weekends for 35 p/m, was paying 42. How bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jacubo

So did the cancellation kick in straight away, or do you have to wait a while? I'm one week into my billing cycle (haven't paid yet), so I'm wondering if they're going to try and make me see out the month?

No, to cancel you need to give them 30 days notice in written form (email) so if you cancel today you need to pay for next 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Are all these price deals subject to the upcoming price increase?

I'm currently on BB & Phone €47/month

edit..not subject to increase in March...just off phone with cancellations dept..Rang customer service 1908 and was offered €40/month for limited 120mb bb (downloads 30 gb) & phone. Then €44/month for same package unlimited....refused and asked to be put through to cancellations..

Spoke to very nice person and got 120mb unlimited BB & phone for €34.50/month

http://www.upc.ie/bundles/broadband-phone/fibre-120/

The thing is, if I hadn't rang I would be on the same package for €49/month when it's advertised at €25/month for first 6months & €44 after, sneaky f***s

Thanks for the head ups everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

SEORG wrote: »
    Spoke to very nice person and got 120mb unlimited BB & phone for €34.50/month

6*25 + 6*44 = 414 /12 =34.50

exactly the same deal as it is for new customers,so it's nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

zweton wrote: »
    do cancellation have a direct number.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    6*25 + 6*44 = 414 /12 =34.50

exactly the same deal as it is for new customers,so it's nothing special

1. I'm not a new customer
    2. It's €15/month less than I would be paying if I hadn't called.
    3. 15*12= €180 extra in my pocket not theirs!
    4. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sector_000

I have:

30M BB (more like 22M even when on WiFi beside router)
    Phone..Anytime World Pack (free landline 24/7 calls, 400 international mins)
    Cable Digital Value (1 point)

€57 pm

Good? Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

sector_000 wrote: »
    I have:

30M BB (more like 22M even when on WiFi beside router)
    Phone..Anytime World Pack (free landline 24/7 calls, 400 international mins)
    Cable Digital Value (1 point)

€57 pm

Good? Bad?

Not too bad compared to what we are paying

30mb BB
    NO telephone
    Cable Digital Value
    2 extra multi room (6 euro each per extra room according to their website)

And we are paying 87, rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Is there any truth in the rumor that they will increase the 50MB to 120MB sometimes in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Not too bad compared to what we are paying

30mb BB
    NO telephone
    Cable Digital Value
    2 extra multi room (6 euro each per extra room according to their website)

And we are paying 87, rip off.

You should be roaring down the phoneline to them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

You should be roaring down the phoneline to them:D

Dont worry, I will be, I have to do some research first, I want to have a backup plan when I tell them I am going to cancel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I got a mail myself, called them up and was advised the 3.50 increase didnt affect me as I was registered to use their online self service so I couldnt cancel, Im on a horizon max pack, anyone else told the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

5500 wrote: »
    I got a mail myself, called them up and was advised the 3.50 increase didnt affect me as I was registered to use their online self service so I couldnt cancel, Im on a horizon max pack, anyone else told the same?

Do you get phone service? The phone rate increases would be enough, it seems to me (and as someone said earlier)...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

I've the Horizon Complete bundle with a HD multiroom box.
    -Horizon Max TV
    -Horizon 200Mb Broadband
    -Home Phone with Anytime World
    -Multiroom HD box
    The bundle cost 91e pm but I was paying 61e pm for first 6 months (promotional offer of 50e pm for new customers). I gave them a call and said I was unhappy with the price increase, I was transferred to customer loyalty department. I was offered 81e for my current bundle, and the promotional offer I had will still apply. So I'll pay 61e pm for next 3 months (got the promotional offer 3 months ago) and then 81e pm. A better negotiator could probably get a better deal out of them. I'm hopeless at negotiating..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

i was paying 44 pm for 30 mb unlimited and freetime world, changed last week to 37 pm for 50 mb speed and freetime world.

cheeky fu****s,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Do you get phone service? The phone rate increases would be enough, it seems to me (and as someone said earlier)...

That's what I said when I was told I had no price increase and I stuck with my guns and got through to cancel and talked through a deal...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mines going up by €11.50 per month, but thanks to registering with myUPC i get a discount of €3.50. So an increase of €8 per month. Over 12 months, thats €96. Thats currently €20 more than I pay per month. So the increase has meant I now pay for 13 months, for the price of 12, and as a thank you for this reverse offer, I only need to pay an additional €20 once off fee.

Current yearly cost: €912
    New year cost: €1008

Net increase of: €96. Thats an increase of 10.5% (after discount). Based on these figures, it means I can look at the competition much more easily now. I dont use the phone, so all I need is TV and Broadband. As most of the usage was work networking, which I can no longer do due to the transfer protocal used on the server (Port shaping as a response to the torrents), all I need is a browseable internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

OU812 wrote: »
    Offered full channel package up from basic, upgrade from 50 mb to 100 mb & also 2 months free sports & movies (I watch neither) for €3 above my current package.

OK, just been back onto them. I was paying €110 last year for:
    200MB BB
    2 x boxes
    2 x digital max
    Anytime world phone

I called two months ago to reduce costs & got them down to €77 by reducing BB to 50mb & reducing the TV pack

Just been onto them again. Have got it at €55 PM for:

100MB BB
    2 x boxes
    2 x digital max
    Anytime world phone.

More than happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

I was on bundle of tv 50mg unlimited BB and 150 mins on phone. Paying €66 and increasing to €70. Told them I was going to cancel in hope of receiving better offer but all she would offer me is max 30 g download on bob for €62 but have been exceeding that most months so offer no good to me.

Would I be best to speak to cancellation dept and threaten to cancel contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

mjp wrote: »
    I was on bundle of tv 50mg unlimited BB and 150 mins on phone. Paying €66 and increasing to €70. Told them I was going to cancel in hope of receiving better offer but all she would offer me is max 30 g download on bob for €62 but have been exceeding that most months so offer no good to me.

Would I be best to speak to cancellation dept and threaten to cancel contract?

Absolutely. Loyalty department are the only ones that make good offers in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Do your research first.

I mentioned sky & the guy was able to tell me exactly what channels were in the package "5 religion, 15 shopping , etc." Minute I mentioned sky Atlantic, Fox News, disney xd, not to mention better equipment & signal, he made the better offer.

He also offered me horizon & I declined citing complaints about it on here

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Absolutely. Loyalty department are the only ones that make good offers in my experience.

Just off the phone to their cancellations/loyalty dept. Said I wanted cancel due to increase from €66 to €70 month. First offered me €65 offer and then €60 offer a month. Refused both and said that magnet had called around to apt offering more competitive pricing and was sick of UPC and their increases.

Proceeded to offer me half price of €35 month for next 12 months. Couldn't say no to that. Ended up saving over €400 for next year. Happy days !!! Sounds like they're desperate to keep customers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say, I'm eager to get back onto UPC after them not being available in the area I moved too.

I was paying Magnet 69 euro a month for a 24mb ADSL line that was broken for MONTHS

Eventually got it down to €44 after months and months of mature and constructive discussion Looking at UPC packages at the moment because I'm moving residence, to somewhere that has UPC.

€25 for phone and 120mb for first 6 months, €44 there after.

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the new increase hitting everyone?

We are with UPC years, have regular braodband (30mb I think), TV and phone, receive paperless billing, but have yet to receive any email?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

slave1 wrote: »
    Was on the 50mb unlimited with evening calls for €37/month, onto cancellations and kept turning them down on offers, on hold for a long while and settled on 120mb unlimited and anytime world (free landline calls all day) for half-price for 12 months at €24.50/month.
    So the improvement for me is free calls during the day, an extra 70mb speed and €150 saving over 12months.
    F#@king result;)

Cheers Slave1 and massive thanks to OP. Just got myself these exact same deal when I got one line into quoting it word for word :)

Mega Happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Have UPC Broadband, phone & TV but want to get rid of TV & Phone.

What price will they likely drop to for the broadband alone? (our line can only handle 30mb)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

m4r10 wrote: »
    Is there any truth in the rumor that they will increase the 50MB to 120MB sometimes in March?
    Depends.

In my case the source of the rumour was the email they sent me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

So is this increase definitely affecting Broadband and Home Phone users also, i.e. people without the TV package?

There seems to be mixed reports in the thread.

Our bills have never been been below 52 euro.

We're on 100Mb broadband with Anytime World - Free Local and National calls and so many international minutes.

We do not ring mobiles generally, maybe 1 short call once in the blue moon.

Going to ring cancellations and see what they come up with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement