Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract changes advertised today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

You own the number. And you can take it to another provider. It can't be reused by anyone else until a few months?/years? have gone by.

The down side is if a new customer signs up they aren't entitled to your number.

YMMV

Cancel down a line for even a few days and good luck getting it back. Good point ref the new customer, but to be honest I'm not sure anyone is fussed about LL numbers these days, unless they're using it for business (at which point they'rte not complying with the terms of their contract) or they're over 65.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I recently joined upc in December I'm on a intro offer for the 1st 6 months and was wondering if this price hike affects me? haven't had any email or letter about it so just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Am I the only one not to have received an e-mail notification?

We didnt receive anything from them either, but I think we are being overcharged at the moment anyway.

We have

The basic value package (digital plus box)

2 additional boxes in bedrooms (digital plus boxes)

30mb broadband

No phone

and we are paying 87 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^^

I was offered this for €50 a month the other night when they called, 1 extra point only.

I declined again,no way would I enter into a contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

glic83 wrote: »
    I recently joined upc in December I'm on a intro offer for the 1st 6 months and was wondering if this price hike affects me? haven't had any email or letter about it so just wondering?

I have the same query. My 6 months 50mbps BB and 150 anywhere calls at 25eur is ffinishing this month... 42 eur from next month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just rang up went from 60Mb BB + phone for €44 to 50Mb BB + phone for €37.

Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Just off the phone with UPC. Have 50mb fibre and phone with 150 mobile and landline calls. Was paying €37 which included a fiver loyalty discount. Increase in email was €2.

Got through to cancellations. Told them my router is ****e and pissed with the increases when i was only after getting a discount. Tried to get the package that was mentioned before for €27 or even €30. Told me it didn't exist.

Best she did was €34.50 for same package upgraded to 120mb or €32.50 for 50 mb. She also booked and engineer to look at my router. Took the 50mb and saving around €80 a year, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

Offered full channel package up from basic, upgrade from 50 mb to 100 mb & also 2 months free sports & movies (I watch neither) for €3 above my current package.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

I have 50MB broadband and Anytime World package and pay 47 euro for the privilege.

UPC don't do anytime world anymore (nothing online and helpdesk say the same). As most of my calls to Ireland are during the day, I am gonna stick with current plan and live with the increase. I am sure to save the extra 2 euros by all landline calls during the day :-)

Guys, are ye all signing up to another 12 month contact when ye downgrade and accept these offers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 james987

Just cancelled mine there after waiting nearly half an hour to talk to someone. Sounded like they were up the walls in the background! Done in less than 2 minutes.
    Asked if there was anything they could do to change my mind. I said no, she gave me the email address and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

free_man wrote: »
    I have 50MB broadband and Anytime World package and pay 47 euro for the privilege.

UPC don't do anytime world anymore (nothing online and helpdesk say the same). As most of my calls to Ireland are during the day, I am gonna stick with current plan and live with the increase. I am sure to save the extra 2 euros by all landline calls during the day :-)

Just to be clear: what you write here seems to imply that those already on Anytime World are grandfathered in and can keep the service. Is that your understanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

They lie. Go with the basic phone package like I did and it will come down to 37 unless you make loads of international calls all day

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I never got any notification.

I have UPC broadband only. Is that going up yeah?

^^^ I'm the same, no idea. Def didnt get an email, but if it goes over €36 p/m, I'll have to get vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

I was on the same package as you for €47 which would increase to €49 in March.
    I rang them and they upgraded my BB to 120GB and i kept Anytime World for a total of €40 for 12 months

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'll have to check my inbox! I'm on the max TV package, 2 HD boxes and 1 normal box. 120MB broadband and the anytime world package. Is there a singular price or a price increase for each item? If it's the latter, I'm screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jacubo

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Are you on a plan that's going up? Not all customers will see an increase.

They increase rate for phone calls. It seems to me like change to the contract even if my monthly fee is not affected. I'm on broadband 50 + digital telephony basic. They say on their webpage "Some of these call rates will change from 1 April 2014, details of which can be found here". Is this enough to get out of the contract?

This worked!! You can cancel the contract saying you are not happy with increase in phone call rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

jacubo wrote: »
    This worked!! You can cancel the contract saying you are not happy with increase in phone call rates.

In getting out of the contract are you obliged to sign up for another 12 months if you want to stay (if, for example, you haggled a sufficient discount out of them)?

• Advertisement

I have no idea as I just wanted to get out. The woman from their team really wanted to keep me with them and offered discount which I rejected. Then she offered 2 months off which I also rejected. In the end she was pissed off but I was just repeating that I want to cancel.
    In getting out of the contract are you obliged to sign up for another 12 months if you want to stay (if, for example, you haggled a sufficient discount out of them)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

According to what I was told on the phone, if I changed any part of my subscription, I was on a new 12 month contract effective from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Yes; if they give you a discounted rate to stay, it's on condition of signing up for another 12 months.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to what I was told on the phone, if I changed any part of my subscription, I was on a new 12 month contract effective from then.

This makes sense especially if they offer you month or two for free. They still want to earn some money after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

jacubo wrote: »
    I have no idea as I just wanted to get out. The woman from their team really wanted to keep me with them and offered discount which I rejected. Then she offered 2 months off which I also rejected. In the end she was pissed off but I was just repeating that I want to cancel.

So did the cancellation kick in straight away, or do you have to wait a while? I'm one week into my billing cycle (haven't paid yet), so I'm wondering if they're going to try and make me see out the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Can I cancel my current Horizon service with them and then reorder a new account in my girlfriends name and get the new customer discounts etc???

You can cancel alright, I guess you'd have to say she just moved in or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Was on the 50mb unlimited with evening calls for €37/month, onto cancellations and kept turning them down on offers, on hold for a long while and settled on 120mb unlimited and anytime world (free landline calls all day) for half-price for 12 months at €24.50/month.
    So the improvement for me is free calls during the day, an extra 70mb speed and €150 saving over 12months.
    F#@king result;)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

slave1 wrote: »
    Was on the 50mb unlimited with evening calls for €37/month, onto cancellations and kept turning them down on offers, on hold for a long while and settled on 120mb unlimited and anytime world (free landline calls all day) for half-price for 12 months at €24.50/month.
    So the improvement for me is free calls during the day, an extra 70mb speed and €150 saving over 12months.
    F#@king result;)

Iam on the same packege so far. Iam gonna call cancellation team and see how it goes ;)))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

do cancellation have a direct number.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement