Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract changes advertised today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 james987

waveform wrote: »
    So is this increase definitely affecting Broadband and Home Phone users also, i.e. people without the TV package?

There seems to be mixed reports in the thread.

Our bills have never been been below 52 euro.

We're on 100Mb broadband with Anytime World - Free Local and National calls and so many international minutes.

We do not ring mobiles generally, maybe 1 short call once in the blue moon.

Going to ring cancellations and see what they come up with.

I cancelled and I was in the same boat, except with Fibre 50 and Anytime 150 for 42euro and no letter about an increase. You can cite the changes in call rates as a change in the T&Cs. Worked for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 maggiebb

i say you are better off with saor view as upc just annouced price rise for theirs customers and 14% is a lot more info here: http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/upc-hits-customers-with-84-price-increase-in-annual-bills-26871970.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Not too bad compared to what we are paying

30mb BB
    NO telephone
    Cable Digital Value
    2 extra multi room (6 euro each per extra room according to their website)

And we are paying 87, rip off.

I have 30mb bb + cable digital value and no telephone and its 67.50 pm + an extra 4.50 with the new price increase to 72. Looking at the sky package for 68 instead now

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

are all 50Mb products going to 120Mb on March 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

Just re-negotiated half way through my 12 month contract. Used the phone price increases and loyalty arguments.

My old triple bundle was 50 euro going to 66 euro after 6 months (my first 66 euro bill just arrived)
    This was the older non Horizon box, 80 channels, no HD.
    Off peak local and national calls
    50 meg broadband unlimited.

My new deal of 59 euro is for:
    Off peak local and national calls
    New Horizon box with 80 channels, including 19 HD.
    120 meg broadband unlimited.

No activation fee.

Thanks to OP and others for the negotiating tips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭NellyMcD

are all 50Mb products going to 120Mb on March 1st?

My understanding to this is yes, having spoken to UPC guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    Iam on the same packege so far. Iam gonna call cancellation team and see how it goes ;)))

I got it today.
    It took it 2 days but I am happy enough.
    I was on the Fibre Power 50 Anywhere 150 (unlimited BB and 150min for anytime landlines,mobiles etc...) for €32 a month (loyality discount around €11)
    Now I am on 120MB unlimited BB and Anytime World (free landline calls 24/7) for half-price for 12 months at €24.50/month.
    Better BB and unlimited landline calls. ;)

But the reason I got it is that I am a longtime UPC customer and I've always paid my bills fully and on time. (DD and online billing in place)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

I rang them there. Im currently paying €100 a month for Horizon Essential (120mb broadband, 80 TV Channels, Phone which i never use) plus Sky Sports.

Got through to the cancellation team, first offered €85 a month to stay, said still wasnt worth my while, so was then offered free for 2 months and then €85 a month going forward. (Will probably cancel Sky Sports in May). Took that and happy enough with it. €350 saving over the 12months. €55 a month once i get rid of Sky Sports, which is a fair price i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

i only have broadband 30mb and i got the notice it was going up to 6.50 if i didn't have paperless account...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So glad I cancelled UPC tv there lately. Was so expensive and rubbish. They increased the price about 8 months after I joined and were going to increase again just before I cancelled. Was going to be over €36 per month for the basic enough TV only package LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 thaiwolf

Just thought i would have my input into this thread for skysports and movies customers.

My old package 50mb bb unlimted , freetime world phone , digital select extra , skysports and sky movies - old price 110 euro with an increase of 6 euro so new bill would of been 116.

Rang up and said was thinking of cancelling and opening up new account in wifes name so was put through to loyalty department and was offered same package for 89 euro. I have been with UPC for 6 years so may have played a part.

Have no problem signing a new contract and not really sure what the fuss is all about regarding signing a new contract. UPC offered you the chance to cancel without any fee or change package with new 12 month deal.

Have spoke to loyalty department before and when contract us up always ring and get two months skysports and movies half price or for free. Anyone who has skysports or movies is a high value customer in their eyes so they will always offer you a good deal to stay.

Happy negotiating guys and always try to get through to loyalty department even if the first operator is trying to offer you something , and another tip be nice on the phone it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

i got €20,- off of my monthly bill, great tips

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

My package of phone 50mg BB and TV was increasing from €66 to €70. Spoke with loyalty dept and said I wished to cancel which I had no intentions of. Pushed him down to 65 then 60 and still said no till he offered me half price €35 for next 12 months. Was shocked that he went from 60 to 35 so I nearly bit his hand off with that offer.

It's like a poker game with them where ur calling their bluff saying u will cancel n c how far they will go. Shows ya how desperate they are to keep customers and I'm only with them 9 months. Two of my mates rang up after and got same offer

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Just got 1/2 price horizon package was paying 80 now 40 for 12 months nice saving of 480 over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Just got 1/2 price horizon package was paying 80 now 40 for 12 months nice saving of 480 over the year

Yeah, I'm going to need you to PM me with information how you managed that! I'd really appreciate it if you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Doge

Yeah, I'm going to need you to PM me with information how you managed that! I'd really appreciate it if you could.

Feck the PMs, post it away to help the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

waveform wrote: »
    Feck the PMs, post it away to help the rest of us!

I was thinking the same myself, just didnt want to say it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just talked to customer loyalty now. I was on 50MB BB, Digital Max channels, Anytime World for €71. After negotiation have got the Horizon Complete bundle with no charge for the upgrade and the bundle for €40 per month for 12 months. This have saved me €372 for the year over my current bundles.

Be calm and collected with them, do not accept the first offer. Know what Sky and Eircom are offering but say you would prefer to stay with them.

Also be aware that UPC will be launching a quad play option at some stage this year bundling mobile with their services, mention this and the fact that it would be of interest to you if you could only justify staying with them (even if you aren't interested in taking mobile services from them).

Now I just have to break it to the missus that she will have to watch everything she has recorded on the current box before the new one comes next week :)

No need for the pm's I'll stick it here, first I got onto customer service told them I wasn't happy with the price increase, they said I could drop to lower package, no thanks I want to cancel, ask to be put onto cancelation section (which is customer loyalty), said I wasn't happy with price increase, said sky are knocking on my door every week wit great deals and since I am out of contract i can take them up on it, asked them is there anything they can do with the price, they said they could it for 70, no thanks, I said I've heard of people getting 1/2 price on boards.ie can I have this deal, girl I was talking to said she would have to talk to manager, on hold for couple minutes came back with approval, job done, easy 20 min phone call saves packet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I was on €36 for 50Mb broadband. Price increase was going to be €3. So cancellations final offer was 200Mb with phone for €28.50, which I accepted.
    Cheers to all the lads above for their tips etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So I'm on UPC and would like to take advantage of this.

A few questions.

1. I f I cancel from UPC can I rejoin as a "new customer" and just get their broadband service?

2. If I cancel from UPC on broadband, how long would it take to get reconnected?

Basically, I want to go from UPC BB and TV to UPC BB and Sky TV. (It works out cheaper).

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I was on €36 for 50Mb broadband. Price increase was going to be €3. So cancellations final offer was 200Mb with phone for €28.50, which I accepted.
    Cheers to all the lads above for their tips etc

Jaysus, I thought I got a great deal with €42 for 120mb and phone. I only called to query a bill, had no idea you could bargain for a better package argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Well I just got my bill halfed 35 a month 12 months.cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

quarryman wrote: »
    So I'm on UPC and would like to take advantage of this.

A few questions.

1. I f I cancel from UPC can I rejoin as a "new customer" and just get their broadband service?

2. If I cancel from UPC on broadband, how long would it take to get reconnected?

Basically, I want to go from UPC BB and TV to UPC BB and Sky TV. (It works out cheaper).

This is what I've done.

If you are using your own name you can not be a new customer and won't be able to get the discounted prices.. but you will be able to pay the normal price.

If you have someone in your house that has not signed up to them before you can start a new account/contract and get the discounted prices for 6 months.

My OH rang cancellations today. We pay 87 for our package and they were willing to drop it to 73.

But then i realised the same package with magnet is 74. (And we have been paying upc 87) Luckily our house is pre wired for magnet also.

So no way would i accept that joke of an offer to keep a 5 year customer.

I am sooo willing to cancel and go with magnet unless upc make a better offer than 73.
    So roll on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Jaysus, I thought I got a great deal with €42 for 120mb and phone. I only called to query a bill, had no idea you could bargain for a better package argh.

I called and got 120mb and the 150 min phone bundle for €22 per month for the year. Keep on haggling them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I called and got 120mb and the 150 min phone bundle for €22 per month for the year. Keep on haggling them

Good haggling skillz

My OH rang cancellations today. We pay 87 for our package and they were willing to drop it to 73.

But then i realised the same package with magnet is 74. (And we have been paying upc 87) Luckily our house is pre wired for magnet also.

So no way would i accept that joke of an offer to keep a 5 year customer.

I am sooo willing to cancel and go with magnet unless upc make a better offer than 73.
    So roll on monday.

just mention the 50% 12 month contracts everyone is getting

Never seems to work for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Is this 50% off the basic broadband/tv package or including the add-ons such as sky sports also? Can anyone who got the discount update me on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement