Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

The day I went into labour my little man didn't move at all!! I had been very sick the night before tho and I was dehydrated....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Yeah I had less movement in the last week and was very worried by it but docs said it was normal as the space is getting smaller and baby's heart rate was fine. Do get it checked out but it could be normal.

Edit to say: the only real movement I felt in the last few days was his head grinding down into my pelvis! No kicks or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

September 2014 Due Dates.

Comeongethappy Sept 1st Holles St

Monflat Sept 3rd Kilkenny
    Made in America Sept 16th HUP USA, boy, Newbie
    ExcitedFM Sept 21st
    Karmella Sept 22nd, CUMH, 90% certain boy 2nd baby.
    Jelliebellie September 24th
    Karen O Sept 24th
    73trix Sept 25th Wexford Surprise Newbie
    Isolt September 27th in Holles St
    Furbabymomma?? Missing you here, sorry.Anyone else?? There may have been a later update than this one.

September Group 2014 Arrivals!
    Monflat Due 03/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 8 lbs 7. Kilkenny.
    Made in America. Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches . USA.
    Karmella Due 22/09/14. Arrived 09/09/14 7.15am. Baby boy Calvin 7lb13. Cork.
    Firestarter51 Due 15/09/14. Arrived 13/09/14 at 11:56. Baby boy Michael.
    Pastry2010 Due date? Arrived 15/09/14 Baby boy Joshua 5.30pm 8lbs 10oz.
    Comeongethappy Due 01/09/14. Arrived 17/09/14 00:56. Boy Alexander Joseph (AJ) 8.5 lbs.Holles St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Amazing it seems to be a month for boys
    My fella is doing well, breast feeding going great, nurse weighed him and did the heel prick, they take A lot of blood for that but he didn't bat an eye lid
    Happy content little fella ðŸ‘

UNbelievable with the boys count. Def more boys this year from those I know. Lucky for those girls in the years ahead! :)

Great you are doing well. As you can see I'm slightly obsessed with the developments. Waiting, waiting....:D

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    UNbelievable with the boys count. Def more boys this year from those I know. Lucky for those girls in the years ahead! :)

Great you are doing well. As you can see I'm slightly obsessed with the developments. Waiting, waiting....:D
    It's well worth the wait
    I was the same anxiously counting down the days, even the hours sometimes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing good with your babies or shortly waiting on their arrival :) I'm so head over heels with our fella, I just never thought I could feel the way I do with him!:)
    We've had a bit of bad luck after we were all set to go and unfortunately he developed jaundice and has been in treatment the last 2 days endless blood tests and he's under the lamps and on a billiblanket, just went up to feed him in the incubator definitely an improvement, it's really hard being in the ward and my little boy upstairs without me :(

Fingers crossed latest blood test should show improvement and we can go home, dying to get home!!!

Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Welcome Michael, Joshua and AJ, goodness what a month for the boys! Well done to all the September mammies for doing such a great job x

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

What do you ladies think?
    Since Thursday I have felt different, just not myself. Very agitated altogether, keep gettin hot flushes. Tmi but yesterday I made 3 poos and when I came to bed I started to feel extremely nauseous, eventually fell asleep only to wake about an hour ago to the worst heartburn EVER!!
    I've not had any symptoms like this for the whole pregnancy. Due weds, could this be pre labor??

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

What do you ladies think?
    Since Thursday I have felt different, just not myself. Very agitated altogether, keep gettin hot flushes. Tmi but yesterday I made 3 poos and when I came to bed I started to feel extremely nauseous, eventually fell asleep only to wake about an hour ago to the worst heartburn EVER!!
    I've not had any symptoms like this for the whole pregnancy. Due weds, could this be pre labor??

It's hard to know as everyone is different, but certainly the night before I went into labour I felt absolutely awful, nauseous and bloated, I felt like my belly was going to explode. I vomited quite a few times during the night. Then the following day I had zero appetite, was dehydrated and baby did not move at all. In the afternoon I started getting contractions although I thought they were just braxton hicks.

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    It's hard to know as everyone is different, but certainly the night before I went into labour I felt absolutely awful, nauseous and bloated, I felt like my belly was going to explode. I vomited quite a few times during the night. Then the following day I had zero appetite, was dehydrated and baby did not move at all. In the afternoon I started getting contractions although I thought they were just braxton hicks.

Feel grand now again I think. Not much appetite really but think that's more coz of the awful heartburn! Time will tell I suppose! Hate this waiting game!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

COME OUT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry isolt but I had a bit of a lol at that! How are you getting on? Apart from losing patience :)

Hope things are moving along for you now, jelliebellie. The false alarms can be frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Sorry isolt but I had a bit of a lol at that! How are you getting on? Apart from losing patience :)

Haha I'm okay, just getting more anxious by the day. I've been told since 35 weeks that induction was a possibility as my baby's growth keeps dipping but then between 35-37 weeks the growth stayed level (it didn't accelerate but didn't drop either!) so they left me alone but then my last scan showed baby is now at the 5th centile and growth graph is dropping again so two docs told me I should be induced at 40 weeks. I have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow and am so nervous that he will backtrack on it and I'll be left in limbo again. It's frustrating mentally preparing for one thing to have it changed again, but it's all about what's best for baby and I trust that Holles St will take good care of us :)

How are you getting on now that you're all settled? :D

Isolt wrote: »
    COME OUT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I know the feeling! Baby is due this week and the little monkey is still breech and I dunno if I'm coming or going!

Due in 3 days....... :eek::D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Due yesterday ðŸ˜႒

Wow, four of ye left to go yet :) how is the waiting game? I had thought this would be me. Everyone kept saying I'd go over so in most of august I was trying to convince myself that he wouldn't be born till 20-something of september, so I wouldn't go cracked with waiting.

We're getting in fine, he's not a screamer thankfully. He wakes up a good bit at night to feed, but he's quiet enough. I had a few tough days where the sleep deprivation really got to me, it builds up over a few days and it was all a bit overwhelming. A good cry does wonders! I'm trying to get w sleep during the day but it is hard to get the time. My mum is over here for a fortnight at the moment, it is mice to have her here, she is loving Rían. She is giving a bit too much advice and correcting or criticising how I'm doing things but as she's only here for a short while and she came so far I'm just nodding and smiling in reply so we are getting on fine ;)

Hope things are moving along for you now, jelliebellie. The false alarms can be frustrating.

Nothing happening! Feeling good though so I shouldn't complain really. Had appt this morning and everything fine but no stir, back again next Monday which will be 5 days overdue, will give me induction date of the end of that week or possibly the following Monday again, 6th October!! Ages away :(:(:(

• Advertisement

I'm almost laughing that all the born babies were early and all the still due babies look likely to be overdue... Almost :-P

Those due dates are super accurate, aren't they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

How is everyone doin?
    I feel for those of you who are still waiting and the rest of us have our little ones!
    Not long more! But still that seems like years when you go over.
    Little lad 4 weeks today.
    My god how time flies.

Best of luck to ladies in waiting.
    Soon we have some news hope all goes well.

Haha madeinamerica, I know! My midwife calls in a 'guess date' which I think makes a bit more sense.

Monflat I can't believe it's been 4 weeks, I can't picture myself at that stage lol!

On a side note, my gums have bled a bit throughout my pregnancy which I was told was normal. However the last few days they bleed quite heavily when I brush. Anyone else had this in the late stages???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Haha madeinamerica, I know! My midwife calls in a 'guess date' which I think makes a bit more sense.

Monflat I can't believe it's been 4 weeks, I can't picture myself at that stage lol!

On a side note, my gums have bled a bit throughout my pregnancy which I was told was normal. However the last few days they bleed quite heavily when I brush. Anyone else had this in the late stages???

Hi there yes I found my gums bled a lot when I brush and they are not now.

Not long more for you are you getting to rest at all?

I got the bleeding gums towards the end too. Is a pain.

My wee man is 4 weeks today, can't believe it's been 4 weeks but it feels like he's been here forever at the same time. Just back from a trip to the hospital for a kidney check for him. He had large kidneys at my 20 week scan. We got brought back for an extra scan at 32 weeks to check them again and they were measuring OK then. This was a follower up to make sure they were still OK. Initial results seem fine, week I get full results tomorrow.

here is a good offer on nappies for all the new mums, well worth stocking up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057295764

Jelliebellie and Karen O, it's our due date! Dunno about you guys but don't think baba is gonna move today. My dad is convinced it will be tomorrow and the hospital has my date as Friday - just hope one of us is right! :D

Oh and thanks for the comments on the bleeding gums, good to know its not just me.

• Advertisement

I have had bleeding gums since 2nd trimester. It's a dose alright. Still bad as ever. Read that it's a normal symptom.

Due tomorrow but like you, don't forget feel bubs is coming soon. My OH jokes that today or tomo would be grand or else wait til Monday cos of Rider Cup! Bless....

Best of luck to all still waiting. Keep telling myself I have to have baby in next 11 days max. There IS an end in sight!

Advertisement