Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Congrats to all you ladies with your lovely little healthy babies, hope ye are doing great. Am I the only one left at this stage?! :(

Am 41 weeks tomorrow, doctor did a sweep yesterday morning.
    Will be admitted Thursday afternoon and induced Friday morning if nothin happens before then.
    Almost there, tryin to keep my spirits up!!

Not alone! Admitted last nite at 40+5 as presumed waters broke. 13 hrs later and no labour. Now there's a query it wasn't amniotic fluid at all but could have been urine. Watch out for that. Took them a long time to tell me that but since I'm almost 41 wks and the original plan was like yours to induce on Friday, they are going to keep me in and induce me tomorrow either way unless I go before then. Was in the labour ward all nite cos no beds but have just transferred to mat ward. The single room was nice while it lasted.

It's still good to be at this point even if dragged out. It's surreal to be in the maternity ward now surrounded by babbas waiting to go home. Must admit when arrived during nite and could hear a lady pushing in delivery room next door it was a reality check like no other! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Exciting week for you jellie! Hope the sweep gets you moving. Keep us posted :)

Hope so too! Will do :)

Exciting week for you jellie! Hope the sweep gets you moving. Keep us posted :)

Hope so too! Will do :)

73trix wrote: »
    I'm almost 41 wks and the original plan was like yours to induce on Friday, they are going to keep me in and induce me tomorrow either way unless I go before then.

It's still good to be at this point even if dragged out.
    Best of luck!

Excellent, this time tomorrow your little one could be here!!

Thanks and best of luck to you too. Keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Good luck 73 trip and jelliebellie
    Hope all goes good hang on in there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Quick update,

We have a beautiful baby girl. Delivered by c section. Totally besotted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Quick update,

Oh congrats! The second girl :)

Karmella wrote: »
    Oh congrats! The second girl :)

Yay! Big congrats. Wow, and and another girl. Enjoy the little lady.

Think it's down to 2 of us now? But will be October babies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Quick update,

Congratulations, hope you're both well

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Quick update,

Congrats! Another September girl, just about!

• Advertisement

Just had a very rough day after a few too many rough days with issues with family, work, husband. the baby being the least hassle. Went outside for a few minutes to myself just now and I must have misery written on my face as a strange old lady walking past me said 'god loves you, don't give up'. Nearly burst out crying on the street, it was such a kind thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Baby girl arrived today after a very scary & eventful day. Scan showed low fluid, wasn't let home. Put in bed, prostin gel put it at 12. 15. Baby girl arrived at 4.47. I went from not being in labour to being 8cm in less than 10 mins. Baby's heart totally dropped, they said we had 2 - 3 mins to get her out & next thing she was born. Avoided section thank God but I feel so battered & shocked.

She was taken to intensive care because she's only 5.4 lbs and there was a lot of meconium. I can't wait to have her back tomorrow. It might help the shock wear off

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Congratulations ðŸ˜႒

Isolt wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived today after a very scary & eventful day. Scan showed low fluid, wasn't let home. Put in bed, prostin gel put it at 12. 15. Baby girl arrived at 4.47. I went from not being in labour to being 8cm in less than 10 mins. Baby's heart totally dropped, they said we had 2 - 3 mins to get her out & next thing she was born. Avoided section thank God but I feel so battered & shocked.

She was taken to intensive care because she's only 5.4 lbs and there was a lot of meconium. I can't wait to have her back tomorrow. It might help the shock wear off

Wow, that was eventful isolt. Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl, wonderful that she is here. Well done mum! I'm sure you'll be wanting to get her home soon!

Wow, that was eventful isolt. Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl, wonderful that she is here. Well done mum! I'm sure you'll be wanting to get her home soon!

Congrats Isolt. Great news. Sounds v scary alright. The sooner you have her back in your arms the better. Another girl. Girl run! Wonder what the October count will be like! I'll be jumping between both groups now!

Is it just me and jelliebellie now? Anyone else in the wings?

Soooo slow..... Have had 2 gels and nothing. Was hoping to avoid drip but unless things progress during the nite it's the drip tomo as can't have anymore gels. Though the I'd started contractions earlier and was v excited but midwife told me they were "tightenings" not proper contractions. Can't believe I've been in hospital nearly 48hrs and still not in labour. Groan...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Welcome to all the September girlies showing up late to the party, hopefully you'll be with us soon 73trix and Jelliebellie.

*hugs* madeinamerica, hope you're Ok xxx

Baby Sophie arrived today just before 2pm, 7 pounds 4 ounces and just perfect

Didn't need induction after all!

Just want to say thanks to all you lovely ladies over the past 9 months. Am not a very active poster but always kept up to date reading the comments and it got me through the pregnancy!! So thank u all 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Congrats jelliebellie
    Hope you're both well
    Enjoy
    My fella is 2 1/2 weeks and doing very well, feeding like a champion

Congrats Isolt & jelliebellie :) It's all girls this week :)

73trix hope it gets going for you soon!!

• Advertisement

Baby Fionn arrived yesterday 1.52pm weighing. 9 lb 3 oz. Of course he is perfection itself! Soooo thrilled, in love and in awe! Bf going good so far.

In the end, consultant decided yest morning that it was taking too long with induction, decided to skip the drip and that the safest option was section. Also because I was 41 wks yest and due to my own age, 41 yrs it was safest.

Waters had broken 53 hrs by then so he was keen for babba to get going. CS was so quick, it's amazing going in and knowing baby will be born in 5 mins! Never made the labour part but so be it. :-D

So emotional and definitely the best day of my LIFE! JELLIE there can't have been much between our babbas! CONGRATS!!!

Congrats 73trix!!

Congrats jelliebellie and 73trix! So glad that everything went well for you and now you've your beautiful babies with you to cuddle and love.

It ain't easy but it sure is fun :D

Welcome to all the September girlies showing up late to the party, hopefully you'll be with us soon 73trix and Jelliebellie.

*hugs* madeinamerica, hope you're Ok xxx

Thanks furbabymomma. I got some sleep in the afternoon the last 2 days and things are going better :) or at least I'm dealing with then a but better

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Congratulations to all the ladies on your amazing news! Hilarious that all the little ladies came in the last few days together! I hope you are all well! Joshua is 3 weeks tomorrow it's mad it's goes so quick! Although I'm sleep deprived and hungry and still feeling the affects of hard labour I still can't get enough of him!! He's starting to settle into a routine, there's been tough days where I feel so overwhelmed but OH has been so amazing and supportive he's like a new man with the little man around, a great dad!:)

Anyway I'm delighted all the babies arrived safe and healthy and mammies are also feeling good!

Xx

Thanks furbabymomma. I got some sleep in the afternoon the last 2 days and things are going better :) or at least I'm dealing with then a but better

It's amazing what a sleep catch up can do for you, even a couple hours!!

Congratulations to all the new mammys!!
    How is motherhood goin for one and all?

Time is flying by so quickly I think.
    Day just rolls into night!

monflat wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the new mammys!!
    How is motherhood goin for one and all?

Time is flying by so quickly I think.
    Day just rolls into night!

Time is flying alright! Can't believe my fella is nearly 6 weeks!

Time is flying alright! Can't believe my fella is nearly 6 weeks!

Yes totally!
    Our boys have the same birthday!

Is your little fella stretchin out at all during the night time?

I must admit he is great such a little angel but his older sister has hit d terrible twos and is a pure nightmare at the moment..!

• Advertisement

Our boys are boards-twins :)

He is stretching out a bit, thankfully. It's not a solid feeding time from 2-6am anymore! I try to feed him a lot 10-midnight, then he wakes 3-4ish for a half hour feed, again at 5 or 6 for another half hour to hour feed, again at 9ish. Roughly those times anyway. I've probably jinxed it now and he'll be up all night! How is your guy?

You've my utmost respect, I'm doing OK but it is hard. Can't imagine a toddler in the mix! Although, I hope to find out in a few years time ;)
    How is your daughter taking up her little brother? Is she too young to know?

Advertisement