Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Hi ladies, just catching up on how ye are getting on. Hope all is going well for ye. Anything stirring? Still only 2 babies so far? Come joins us, the sleep deprivation is mad craic!

My little man was 12 days today, it has just flown. Mostly it has been going great, we're having a lot of fun with him, of course we think he is the most fascinating thing ever! I'm not getting much sleep at night, and find it hard to sleep during the day either. It all hits me every so often. My other half is being great, cooking and cleaning and shopping (although i may kill him if he says he's tired once more, he's running a lot for marathon training, it is so not the same). Trying to get one thing done a day, like wash my hair or leave the house for a walk, epic events! Had a bit of a tough evening with the little man, he was making moves for wanting food but wouldn't latch on for more than a few sucks before coming off again. He was doing that for over an hour, and getting a bit agitated. It was hard, I didn't really know what to do with him. I swaddled him and he eventually settled. It's all new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Sounds like you're flying madeinamerica! There will always be tough and frustrating days but keep your head up and know you're doing great :)

Any names picked for our two arrivals?

I'm 41 w today, little man still hanging in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Thought I'd do an update with the arrivals. This original list looks out of date as I'm missing a few. Please edit and add yourselves.

Any names??

September 2014 Due Dates.

Comeongethappy Sept 1st Holles St
    Monflat Sept 3rd Kilkenny

Made in America Sept 16th HUP USA, boy, Newbie
    ExcitedFM Sept 21st
    Karmella Sept 22nd, CUMH, 90% certain boy 2nd baby.
    Furbabymomma September 24th, Waterford, Newbie.
    Jelliebellie September 24th
    Karen O Sept 24th
    73trix Sept 25th Wexford Surprise Newbie

Isolt September 27th in Holles St

September Group 2014 Arrivals!

Monflat Due 03/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 8 lbs 7. Kilkenny.
    Made in America Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches. USA
    Karmella Due 22/09/14. Arrived 09/009/14. Boy 7lb13

Thanks comongethappy. I've had a couple of teary moments since he was born but they do pass. Most of it is hormones, like a friend sent me a video of a lovely song that had links with my son and I was a weeping mess cause it was so sweet!

My guy is Rían :) everyone seems to like it, but of course once you've named the child no one will say anything bad. The grandpwrents are just relieved he's not called rocky! his dad got that in for his middle name though.

I'll try to find the due dates etc list we had here and start to update it with the arrivals.

Best of luck with your little one :) any day now!

You bet me to it, 73trix! Thanks for finding it. I've included his name here. I'm just on my phone so a bit limited, hope it adds OK.

73trix wrote: »

ExcitedFM September 21st
    Karen O Sept 24th

Made in America Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy, Rían, 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches. USA.

• Advertisement

Wow, the new mams are flying. A but envious, would love to be at that stage.

Comeongethappy, you can't have too long now. So exciting.

37+4. On mat leave so was lovely not having to turn into work this morning! And the weather is lovely :D Had a good chat with himself alst nite about some of the anxieties. I really can't get my head round the fact that it is going to be soon. Even if I go 10days over, there will (hopefully, all going well) be a little bubs within the next 4 wks at the very max! I can't imagine getting the stage of labour and delivery. Have never even been in hospital before my whole life so a bit nervous now. As for gettting the head around the actual being a mam...? Wow, it's getting all a bit scary! But of course I am very excited. Guess it's part of the process, the doubts and anxieties. I think since I finally put work behind me last week that I am really able to focus on the reality that I am going to have a baby very soon! Yikes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Couldn't figure out how to edit the new list but I'm September 24th, Waterford, Newbie.

Lovely name madeinamerica and Rocky will be a great nickname too ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Thought I'd do an update with the arrivals. This original list looks out of date as I'm missing a few. Please edit and add yourselves.

Any names??

ExcitedFM Sept 21st
    Karen O Sept 24th

Pastry2010 21st September Coombe -Boy!

Made in America Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches. USA.

I just added myself to the list there, 38 +1 today! Heading in for an interview in work, a position has come up and I'm damned if I miss my chance because I'm on my maternity leave!! Hopefully they'll see over the 6 month wait for me to start!!

Wish me luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Morning ladies! 38 weeks today and I had a horrible night. :( After my evening meal I just felt horribly bloated and nauseous and after I took my insulin the baby always goes mental so I just felt like my entire belly was going to explode!! Eventually at about 11 I vomited and it seemed to offer some relief for a little while but I was up all night and had another 2 pukes around 3 and 5. I've an awful feeling that I've a bug - either that or my body is finally rejecting all the whole meal / fibre / and eggs that I'm eating cos of the diabetes diet :rolleyes: . I only just got up there now and I don't want to eat anything as I still feel sicky.

I've an antenatal appointment this afternoon, hope they don't give out to me for going in there if it is indeed a bug. I'm so impatient now I'd love if they just said yes we'll book you in for an induction and be done with it. I have 2 friends who are due just after me and one had her baby on Saturday night, and the other is going in for a sweep today! Its ridiculous for me to be this jealous, but I can't help it..... But I guess feeling sick isn't exactly helping my mood either.

Anyway it is lovely to read how the mammies are getting on, and comeongethappy it's a bit rich for me to be giving out when you have gone over!! Oh and good luck with the interview pastry!!

Well ladies, I got a big shock at the antenatal appointment, they've told me to come in first thing tomorrow and they are going to break my waters :eek: I knew I wasn't feeling right and actually started getting pains while I was in the waiting room, maybe only Braxton hicks, but I'm still getting them now! So maybe thy are not. I don't know.

So I'm sitting at home now, still trying to process that baby is coming! I'd better cancel my hair appointment for thursday ha ha. :D

Going to make one last dinner (had already taken meat from the freezer so I'll have to!!), get the Moses basket ready, have a look at my bag again and see if I need to make any last minute changes and then try and get an early night. Had no sleep last night so will need to catch up !!

My son is down at his dad's and hell bring him to crèche tomorrow and our friends will collect him after, and may take him for a sleepover unless it's all done & dusted and his dad can take him to our house or something.

Ooh this is very exciting!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    Well ladies, I got a big shock at the antenatal appointment, they've told me to come in first thing tomorrow and they are going to break my waters :eek: I knew I wasn't feeling right and actually started getting pains while I was in the waiting room, maybe only Braxton hicks, but I'm still getting them now! So maybe thy are not. I don't know.

So I'm sitting at home now, still trying to process that baby is coming! I'd better cancel my hair appointment for thursday ha ha. :D

Going to make one last dinner (had already taken meat from the freezer so I'll have to!!), get the Moses basket ready, have a look at my bag again and see if I need to make any last minute changes and then try and get an early night. Had no sleep last night so will need to catch up !!

My son is down at his dad's and hell bring him to crèche tomorrow and our friends will collect him after, and may take him for a sleepover unless it's all done & dusted and his dad can take him to our house or something.

Very exciting Karmella! Hope you are able to sleep well tonight and look forward to hearing your good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Oooh Karmella, our third little baba, how exciting! Good luck and keep us posted! :D

And good luck to you too pastry! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

39 weeks today
    pelvis has dropped hips are out of place, physio is great but i cant wait for baby now to ease the pain

Oh how exciting!!! I'm gutted as we were so close in dates but delighted they are looking after you! :) is anyone heading into the hospital with you tomorrow?

So excited for your news m, I'd say you won't sleep a wink!

Very exciting indeed karmella! Great that you have a bit of time to get organised yourself and your son. Let us know how it all goes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Best of luck Karmella

Hope all goes well

Hang in there everyone else nearly there!!!

Ah the oul reflux is a pain in the back side! I'm up staring at the kitchen walls after a bad night of sleeping, it's not so bad when you're not in work I know I'll get some sleep back during the day!

Anyone sleeping better or worse these days?

Px

Any names??

ExcitedFM Sept 21st
    Karen O Sept 24th

Made in America Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches. USA.

Furbabymomma -you are in!

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Ah the oul reflux is a pain in the back side! I'm up staring at the kitchen walls after a bad night of sleeping, it's not so bad when you're not in work I know I'll get some sleep back during the day!

Anyone sleeping better or worse these days?

Px

I had terrible reflux last night too, tried eating banana which is meant to help and took about 6 rennie, only had proper sleep from 7-8:45 this morning.

A couple nights I have been blessed with not having it and I have gotten good sleep (just waking up 3 times a night for the loo). I find it very hard to sleep under the day, might find it easier when I have the house to myself as in laws are still painting for me, very lucky to have them though, couldn't have gotten all this done without my father in law!

I'm pretty much the same comeongethappy, I had two nights where it didn't happen and I thought it maybe gone but it came back :( I have an appointment on Thursday in Coombe really hoping they offer me a sweep, I want to get things moving a really don't want to be sitting here in 2 weeks.

Depends on consultant I guess!

• Advertisement

Yeah Pastry2010, that would be great if they could try to start you off! I'm going to Holles St and they leave you for 14 days if everything is going ok. I have an antenatal appt Thurs if I haven't gone, at which point they said they would scan me Sat, and if that shows ok, induce on Mon. Taking raspberry leaf now and walking and cleaning loads trying to get him to come out!

Hello! Well of course nothing goes to plan and they really were contractions I was having so I went in about 9.30 last night and gave birth to a lovely little boy at 7.15 this morning!! He was only 7lb13 in the end, but at 38 weeks not a bad weight at all :)

Got to 4cm early on and then got an epidural at 1am. And stayed at 4 cm until 4 am! At which point they broke my waters and things started motoring properly after that. By 6 I was 9.5 and by 6.30 I was pushing. And out he popped eventually 45 mins later. No tearing, no stitches, no real drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hello! Well of course nothing goes to plan and they really were contractions I was having so I went in about 9.30 last night and gave birth to a lovely little boy at 7.15 this morning!! He was only 7lb13 in the end, but at 38 weeks not a bad weight at all :)

Got to 4cm early on and then got an epidural at 1am. And stayed at 4 cm until 4 am! At which point they broke my waters and things started motoring properly after that. By 6 I was 9.5 and by 6.30 I was pushing. And out he popped eventually 45 mins later. No tearing, no stitches, no real drama!

Ah congrats that's brilliant news.
    Fair play to you.
    Enjoy now :-D

Congrats! That's fab! OMG we are all getting so close now!!!

Any names??

ExcitedFM Sept 21st
    Karen O Sept 24th

Made in America Due 16/09/14. Arrived 26/08/14. Baby boy 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches. USA
    Karmella Due 22/09/14. Arrived 09/009/14. Boy 7lb13

Wow all early babies so far... YIKES!

Congrats! Welcome baby boy! He's a grand size. Sounds like you had a great labour in the end, well done Mum! Enjoy him :)

Congrats Karmella! Great news, good size! We seem to be the month of boys!

Well done Karmella! Great news all around, I hope the rest of us are as lucky with labour!

Big hugs for mummy & baby!

Any names yet?

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Well done Karmella! Great news all around, I hope the rest of us are as lucky with labour!

Big hugs for mummy & baby!

Any names yet?

We've decided on Calvin. :) He is pure placid, definitely the quietest baby on this floor today anyway. Will see what the night brings!

• Advertisement

Love Calvin, great name.

Advertisement