Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Congrats Fire Starter!! You must be over the moon!

I'm in the Coombe since 6am, waters broke at 2am after painful contractions went in and confirmed it was my waters but I was only 2cm dilated so I was admitted and contractions seemed to have slowed right down so they are putting me on an antibiotic at 8pm as it's been 18 hours since my waters broke and then if nothing happens I'll be induced!

Been such a long painful road since Thursday so finally I can see an end in sight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

So happy to hear things are finally moving for you! Can't wait to hear your great news pastry!

I'm in at 8:30 for induction tomorrow, so hopefully will see my little man tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

So there should be another 2 babies in the next couple days! Best of luck ladies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Congratulations new mammy Firestarter!!!! :D

And good luck Pastry and comeongethappy. :cool:

It really is a month for the boys and they are coming thick and fast now, I am getting impatient now lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

monflat wrote: »
    Is sept the month for boys!!!
    Does anyone else know what baby will be?
    Blue team r pink team?

We are having a surprise :D God I am so excited for all you ladies who are in the hospital now or who have an induction date. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and that baby has no intentions of coming out! Good luck to those of you awaiting your arrivals today :)

Huge congratulations firestarter, you must be over the moon!!

• Advertisement

2nd lot of gel in now, find out around 9 if they send me home for the night or if they are able to break waters

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

2nd lot of gel in now, find out around 9 if they send me home for the night or if they are able to break waters

Fingers crossed things will get moving for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Congrats Firestarter!

Exciting day, pastry and comongethappy! Hope all goes quickly and smoothly for ye now your labours have started and the little munchkins will be here soon. Sending ye positive happy baby thoughts :)

Contractions here since 8:30, strong but irregular. They don't think they will break my waters till tomorrow. Shower is a lifesaver though! Trying to distract myself through them now, easier said than done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Well (phew!) it's all over! Longest labour ever! In slow labour since Thursday and my little man has finally made an appearance, it wasn't easy!! I was 2cm up to 9am this morning, I was doubled over with pain I cried and cried until they took me up to labour ward and broke bigger waters once I got up there it wasn't too bad, epidural only worked on one side and air and gas were amazing!

5.30pm our little Joshua was born 8lbs 10oz bit heavy lump! I'm trying to relax here in hospital but I'm in ribbons! Suction then forceps and then cut....ugh!

We are both on antibiotics because I was labouring so long!

Delighted it's over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Oh my goodness pastry you must be so glad that is over, and you have a fine boy to show for it :D Congratulations!!

Contractions here since 8:30, strong but irregular. They don't think they will break my waters till tomorrow. Shower is a lifesaver though! Trying to distract myself through them now, easier said than done!

Hang in there comongethappy! You can see the finish line :)

this might help distract you through the contractions: during each contraction I just kept thinking over and over 'I can do anything for a minute' cos a contraction lasts about a minute. I think it is from the Gentle Birth stuff, a friend of mine who gave birth in Dublin in July said it helped her, she had their CDs. I didn't get around to looking into it as i was too disorganised but i remembered that one line and found it good!

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Well (phew!) it's all over! Longest labour ever! In slow labour since Thursday and my little man has finally made an appearance, it wasn't easy!! I was 2cm up to 9am this morning, I was doubled over with pain I cried and cried until they took me up to labour ward and broke bigger waters once I got up there it wasn't too bad, epidural only worked on one side and air and gas were amazing!

5.30pm our little Joshua was born 8lbs 10oz bit heavy lump! I'm trying to relax here in hospital but I'm in ribbons! Suction then forceps and then cut....ugh!

Delighted it's over!!

Congrats pastry and well done! That was some epic labour, fair play to you, sorry to hear you are in ribbons. Welcome little Joshua! Enjoy him, mummy pastry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Delighted it's over!!

Epic is too small a word for it! Wow, well done and congratulations! Yet another boy!

Delighted it's over!!

Congrats Pastry! Fair play for all the hard work you put in! Joshua is a lovely name!

Update: plug went about 1 am, water at about 2:30 am. Monitor baby for as 2 hrs as he wouldn't wake up! Finally awake and now walking and timing contractions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

73trix wrote: »
    Meant to ask... what was your due date, fire starter?

15th was the due date

Home today, baby Michael is doing very well, feeding is going very well
    So happy to have him home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Home today, baby Michael is doing very well, feeding is going very well
    So happy to have him home

Ah That's great news
    it's so nice to get home and into familiar surroundings!

Congrats to pastry too.!!!
    Boys galore!

• Advertisement

At 00:56 this morning Alexander Joseph (AJ) was born, weighing 8.5 lbs

Was a long process but so worth it! Had epidural today as after bring in strong 1st stage labour after gel for 18 hrs and th getting max dose of oxytocin, on top of no sleep since 3am Monday, I wasn't dilating! Was falling off the birthing ball I was faling alseep between contractions! Epi was brilliant, completely took away pain and let me sleep! No issues pushing him out later on as I was well rested!

I had temp during labour so they gave me a cocktail of antibiotics to be safe, and they are gIving him the same now, only got to hold him 10 mins and anxious to get him back!

Congrats comongethappy! Well done Mom! Another epic birth story. Great that you were able to sleep and have the strength for pushing. And welcome baby AJ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Hi everyone, i am due next weds 24th. Since yesterday I have decreased movement, have felt baby a couple of times but not half as much as before and also the movements aren't as strong/forceful. I had cereal and orange juice almost an hour ago and been laying on my side since. Felt only two faint movements in the hour.
    I was at my gp on Monday who said everything looked good, he has a scan machine and and baby was active. My urine did show an infection though and I am on antibiotics since.
    Should I be worried? I wish baby would just jump around a bit to reassure me

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Drink a glass of really cold iced water and lie on your left side again.

fall wrote: »

Orange juice was ice cold. I'll try it again with a glass of water
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi everyone, i am due next weds 24th. Since yesterday I have decreased movement, have felt baby a couple of times but not half as much as before and also the movements aren't as strong/forceful. I had cereal and orange juice almost an hour ago and been laying on my side since. Felt only two faint movements in the hour.
    I was at my gp on Monday who said everything looked good, he has a scan machine and and baby was active. My urine did show an infection though and I am on antibiotics since.
    Should I be worried? I wish baby would just jump around a bit to reassure me

Best go to be checked out.
    If you have a fizzy drink there drink it it should get baby moving.

But definitely go to be checked.

fall wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I would definitely give the hospital a ring just to double check if the cold drink didn't work. Good luck!

Thanks

i was the same, felt hardly any movements in the last week, told the consultant, they put a trace on me, he was moving around fine its just i wasnt feeling it, good to get a trace done for reassurance.
    less room as well for them to move around too i was told

• Advertisement

oh and i heard a cold fizzy sugary drink is best, coke ect
    best of luck

Advertisement