Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Aww congrats Karmella and Calvin, so glad it all went well for you! And lucky you having a placid baby lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

39 + 3 and saw the consultant today
    Due to the pelvic bone (or whatever it's called) and hips giving me chronic pain they sent me for induction
    Had the first lot of gel at 2pm
    Fingers crossed it happens soon
    Bouncing on a ball at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

So we were discharged yesterday afternoon, I didn't want to stay any longer than I needed to so once the paediatrician gave him an once over and the all clear we were outta there! He had his hearing test and the BCG and we got him registered yesterday morning so there was nothing left to do. Even though I went through the public system, I was put in a private room first and then moved after a few hours to a 2 bed room but we were on our own in there the whole time. Must have been a quiet couple of days in there! Again gotta hand it to CUMH - they have a great set up and everyone I dealt with was lovely. I really liked the midwife we got for labour - she was very nice and good, really helped me relax.

So his dad ended up coming in for the birth, my friend who dropped me in went and got him when i was being moved from the ER to the labour suite. Im not sure if him being there made any difference to me, but i suppose at least it will help him have a little bond with his son. He is staying in the house for a bit, mostly to help out with big brother - who is smitten by the way!! Their first meeting yesterday was adorable :)
    I was thinking last night as I was feeding baby and he was putting big brother to bed - reading stories etc, how on earth will I make time for the 2 of them when he leaves but I guess we'll just have to get into a routine - its nice to have a helping hand for that anyway - even if he is fecking useless at everything else! He got him up for school this morning and went off to work so we have had a lovely day to ourselves just getting to know each other.

He is still very placid but by god does NOT like getting his nappy changed - screams the place down when he has a wet little bum .... Awww! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Due to the pelvic bone (or whatever it's called) and hips giving me chronic pain they sent me for induction

Ah fair play to you hope everything goes great for you.

Karmella
    Enjoy those first days at home

Mine went by in kind of a blur! I took plenty of photos so I can try to remember!

Hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

You and I both, only had a sweep but as soon as I left the hospital I started to get pains...this progressed to contractions every 12 minutes lasting 50 seconds for 5 hours, I had a bath and it's all slowed down now, my back feels like it's breaking though!!

Hope you're progressing better than I am!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Firestarter and Pastry, so exciting, can't wait to hear your great news!

Had my last antenatal, they have booked me in for scan 9:30 sat morning, and if baby well induction Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

It's all kicking off now! So excited for ye girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Congrats Karmella, wishing you all the best for your two little ones. Enjoy them!

monflat wrote: »
    Ah fair play to you hope everything goes great for you.

Karmella
    Enjoy those first days at home

Mine went by in kind of a blur! I took plenty of photos so I can try to remember!

Hope all goes well.

Thanks monflat, how did your other little ones take to the new arrival, and how have you coped with juggling the 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Good luck Firestarter!! In one way I wish i was going soon but in another I'm sooo still not ready!!!

And oh sweet Jesus the heartburn and general discomfort. Could not sleep a wink last nite and ended up waking the hubby too who then couldn't sleep either so we ended up watching old episodes of Bake Off at 4am.

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    Thanks monflat, how did your other little ones take to the new arrival, and how have you coped with juggling the 3?

Yep tis a bit mad really. all systems go
    They love him cathal we chose for him.
    He very good.

I had antibiotics after birth.
    Then I got an awful dose of thrush in my boobs
    Baby has thrush mouth and bottom.

My recovery is very slow I can only walk about 30 steps and have to lie down.
    Pain in my wound.
    But he has regained birth weight so I'm happy!
    How are you getting on

Yep tis a bit mad really. all systems go
    They love him cathal we chose for him.
    He very good.

I had antibiotics after birth.
    Then I got an awful dose of thrush in my boobs
    Baby has thrush mouth and bottom.

My recovery is very slow I can only walk about 30 steps and have to lie down.
    Pain in my wound.
    But he has regained birth weight so I'm happy!
    How are you getting on

Oh that sounds nasty you poor thing, hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Am I the only September mama left without any plan of sweeps or inductions? I feel like labour will never start! I very much hope I don't go over.
    Started leaking drops of colostrum today, kinda nice knowing that my body knows what it's doing :)

Isolt wrote: »
    Am I the only September mama left without any plan of sweeps or inductions? I feel like labour will never start! I very much hope I don't go over.
    Started leaking drops of colostrum today, kinda nice knowing that my body knows what it's doing :)

Ah god
    The wait is terrible.
    Hope Alls well with you.
    . How long more have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Ah god
    The wait is terrible.
    Hope Alls well with you.
    . How long more have you?

I am due on the 27th. I come from a family where labour generally occurs around 36 - 37 weeks. So now that I am 38 weeks there is all sorts of fascination among the family. Not to mention I am under 5 ft so we were all certain baby would have come by now. Ah well, as long as it's inside me it can grow big and strong so I shouldn't complain. But would love for it to happen this week! I am big and uncomfortable now and my stretch marks are bleeding, ewwwww! :( :P

I hope all is well with you tonight monflat! :)

Isolt wrote: »
    I am due on the 27th. I come from a family where labour generally occurs around 36 - 37 weeks. So now that I am 38 weeks there is all sorts of fascination among the family. Not to mention I am under 5 ft so we were all certain baby would have come by now. Ah well, as long as it's inside me it can grow big and strong so I shouldn't complain. But would love for it to happen this week! I am big and uncomfortable now and my stretch marks are bleeding, ewwwww! :( :P

I hope all is well with you tonight monflat! :)

Ah no. So your gettin all the stories of what happened to everyone else!!

Those stretch marks r terrible near the end I remember too on my first I got none until about 37 weeks and my did they explode then!

it's so frustrating getting into bed and part of you hopes that. Maybe my water's will break tonight or il get pains!

However yes I do remember those last few weeks being very uncomfortable..

Take it easy!

Better go feeding again in 3 hrs and I'm bloody exhausted today.!

Waiting over hour and a half in Holles St for a scan. Feeling really happy I stuck with the Wicklow clinic for my regular antenatal appts!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I'll try and post through contractions here! Since sweep on Thursday afternoon I've been in early labour hasn't progressed into active labour averaging about 7.5 minutes apart! When I go out walking it's about 5 minutes apart, they are very painful when they peak and my body is exhausted! I've had a full bloody show and it's so disheartening that contractions are not progressing into active labour, I went in yesterday they were about 6 mins apart and they sent me home 1cm dilated and didn't progress even after 2 hours walking around car park. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Don't mind waiting til due date at all - 25th. Dont feel at all ready! For saying that bet I go early!!
    Best of luck those of you getting ready! Good vibes....

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I'll try and post through contractions here! Since sweep on Thursday afternoon I've been in early labour hasn't progressed into active labour averaging about 7.5 minutes apart! When I go out walking it's about 5 minutes apart, they are very painful when they peak and my body is exhausted! I've had a full bloody show and it's so disheartening that contractions are not progressing into active labour, I went in yesterday they were about 6 mins apart and they sent me home 1cm dilated and didn't progress even after 2 hours walking around car park. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!:(

Ah no that's a pity. It's so disheartening when things don't go like you expect them to.

What's the next plan for you?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that pastry, I thought it would have been quicker, but hopefully they will break waters or try a drip soon? I had hoped they were going to try the gel on me today but maybe it's best they didn't!

I finally had scan after 2 hrs, BP was a little high and there was a little protein in my urine, so they wanted a doc to check me out. I waited 3 more hours as they had several emergencies but only 2 docs, and asked nurse if I could go home. Nurse took my BP once more and booked me if for induction 8:30 Mon morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Best of luck girls, I was induced 11 days over in June and was 2cm dilated for the week before, all I needed was my waters broken straight away and I was all go and delivered later that day. All the joy of your baby is just around the corner, hang in there!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Baby boy finally arrived at 11:56 yesterday, the induction process takes a lot longer than I thought
    3 lots of gel, contractions were sore and eratic, they did a sweep and then broke the waters at 11 pm Friday, the. The drip went on about 2 am
    After getting contractions since Thursday lunchtime the ones from the drip hurt like hell, epidural time lol
    He is here safe and well 7 lb 1 oz
    They estimated 8 1/2 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Big Congratulations :)

Ah congrats the wait is finally over '!

Big congrats firestarter! Great to hear the good news, sounds like a long process but you've got your little man now :)

Congrats! Great news!

Congrats fire starter!

Meant to ask... what was your due date, fire starter?

• Advertisement

Is sept the month for boys!!!
    Does anyone else know what baby will be?
    Blue team r pink team?

Advertisement