Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

73trix wrote: »
    I have had bleeding gums since 2nd trimester. It's a dose alright. Still bad as ever. Read that it's a normal symptom.

Due tomorrow but like you, don't forget feel bubs is coming soon. My OH jokes that today or tomo would be grand or else wait til Monday cos of Rider Cup! Bless....

Best of luck to all still waiting. Keep telling myself I have to have baby in next 11 days max. There IS an end in sight!

Ah its tuff on you when you have to wait all this time. Hope things happen for you soon :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Head was too high to start induction yesterday, they said it can be more dangerous if head isn't down low enough. So now because of the baby's size they've given me a week with check ups every two days. So stressful!
    Plus baby is quieter than usual so lots of ctg's, one of which was very scary yesterday as the baby wasn't kicking at all. Eventually it did thank God after three midwives poked and prodded me and gave me ice and different positions to move into. Seriously getting worried now and was told induction was needed for safety. So to be told now that induction wasn't possible is quite unsettling. I just want the baby here and safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

That's a lot for you to be handling, isolt, on top of the last weeks of pregnancy. You seem to be dealing with it well though. I'm sure it's a pain but it is also good that you're getting checked so often, some peace of mind there. Great that you felt the kicks, mine really didn't move much towards the end at all. All the best and stay positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Jelliebellie and Karen O, it's our due date! Dunno about you guys but don't think baba is gonna move today. My dad is convinced it will be tomorrow and the hospital has my date as Friday - just hope one of us is right! :D

Oh and thanks for the comments on the bleeding gums, good to know its not just me.

Same here, don't feel like anythin is goin to happen any time soon! Would love for it to happen before I am back for check up on Monday!! Ah I hate this waiting game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

First week flew by! I can't believe my little man is so good!

It was tough at the beginning and I felt baby blues badly - very low iron due to a good bit of bleeding from low platelets, IV antibiotics for me and baby as I had a fever during labour, 4 days without sleep in hospital, followed by two more at home as I didn't know I am delayed producing milk due to above and little man would scream without a boob in his mouth. I kept reading online you just need to feed on demand and that bottles would cause confusion and you could never go back, got myself very worked up about it, but couldn't think clearly at that point.

Started to come around on Sunday as I spoke to doc in Holles St during the heel prick test regarding my feeding concerns. They confirmed I was right to give a bottle. PHN arranged visit from lactation consultant, who confirmed milk very slow coming in and I have very slow let down, so renting a hospital grade pump tomorrow.

Little man happy out with combined feeding now, and mom has a few hours sleep every night so I can function. I love getting to know AJ and feel truly blessed. I can't wait to hear good news from other mums in waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

40 wks and due date today. Had clinic and Consultant did an internal with a view of doing a sweep. Apparently I was not "ready" for a sweep so no sign of any progress yet but all is well. She said to come back next week and if nothing has happened naturally by then, I'll get a date for induction then but won't be allowed go past 8/9 days over. So, at least we know we have a deadline of Oct 4 th at very latest. I got a bit nervous at the mention of a sweep as that can stimulate labour but she couldn't do one today. Funny how on the one hand I want it to happen yet am a bit scared aswell! Felt very, very real today....

Good luck the rest of you ladies in waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

September is definitely a boy month - I've two friends who were due this week also and they've both had boys aswell!

Calvin was 2 weeks old on Tuesday and we had his 2 week checkup today. All good. I've been breastfeeding and it's going well for the most part but I've started to introduce a bottle in the evenings. If I'm honest the only reason is so that his dad can spend time with him and I can get a break. He has been great so far for taking our older son, and calls in most mornings to bring him to pre-school. But he has spent zero time with the baby. So he is calling round to babysit tomorrow and Saturday night. I'm going out with friends on Saturday and he said he'd call tomorrow night so I can catch up on sleep before I go out. Nicest thing he's done in a long while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I'm being sectioned on Monday. This was my fear all along as I have a serious surgery phobia. Ruining the last of my pregnancy as constantly in tears and stressed. Barring a miracle of baby turning this weekend but I know there just isn't the room.

Sorry for the downer, I'm just so terrified of being forced to face my biggest fear in life :-(

I'm being sectioned on Monday. This was my fear all along as I have a serious surgery phobia. Ruining the last of my pregnancy as constantly in tears and stressed. Barring a miracle of baby turning this weekend but I know there just isn't the room.

Sorry for the downer, I'm just so terrified of being forced to face my biggest fear in life :-(

Sorry to hear you are so upset about the prospective surgery. I am quite fearful of the whole hospital experience myself as have never been in hospital before and never had surgery. But you are going to meet your little baby in 4 days. This is keeping me going. Maybe focusing on that will help you over the next few days. Best of luck and keep your us posted.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, you've mentioned a few times that this was the last thing you wanted!! I can't really say anything to reassure you that it will be fine, but it will be!

I don't suppose that they can give you Valium or something just before the procedure to relieve some anxiety? If you have told the doctor about the phobia hopefully they can do something to help you. ??

In the meantime try and remain positive and just focus on the fact that you will meet your baby on Monday!!! (Easier said than done I know...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Just popped over from the August thread. Babies do occasionally turn this late. My mum was being brought to theatre to have a emergency section as my sister was breech when she turned.

And with baby no 2 for me she was head down for 38week check up and decided shed turn breech at 39weeks.

It can happen.

Thanks so much for your supportive comments ladies. I have tried everything to make baby move but I know in my heart it's not possible. I've had tight round ligament problems since about 16 weeks and despite the fact that I've gained over 30lbs my bump has remained extremely neat and tight. You can touch it and feel the head under my ribs, the shoulders, the back directly under the surface. I can feel and see practically every movement and I can tell you this poor baby has been trying to flip but is just trapped!

If I'm really in a bad state on Monday they will put my under General Anaesthetic, although obviously this is not what they want to do. If I can brave the spinal then as soon as the baby is out they can dose me up on Valium for the rest of the procedure, which I will most definitely be requesting. I'll just have to wait and see how I'm doing on the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

6days over today - if nothing happens before monday i've to check in the maternity ward and will have a c section on tue.
    Just wondering if anyone has any info on what to expect monday evening?

Hi ladies,

6days over today - if nothing happens before monday i've to check in the maternity ward and will have a c section on tue.

Straight to c-section?

Will they not try to induce labour instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

I had a previous c section, baby not engaged either.

Thanks so much for your supportive comments ladies. I have tried everything to make baby move but I know in my heart it's not possible. I've had tight round ligament problems since about 16 weeks and despite the fact that I've gained over 30lbs my bump has remained extremely neat and tight. You can touch it and feel the head under my ribs, the shoulders, the back directly under the surface. I can feel and see practically every movement and I can tell you this poor baby has been trying to flip but is just trapped!

If I'm really in a bad state on Monday they will put my under General Anaesthetic, although obviously this is not what they want to do. If I can brave the spinal then as soon as the baby is out they can dose me up on Valium for the rest of the procedure, which I will most definitely be requesting. I'll just have to wait and see how I'm doing on the morning.

Ah lord that's. Pity but no doubt you have discussed your fears with the doctor?
    Hope all goes well for you.
    To be honest once you get adequate pain relief you will feel like you have had valium anyway.

I've had mine topped up on numerous occasions and again when in recovery and it felt ok.

Just think of when you are getting prepped for spinal that in a very short space of time you will meet your long awaited baby.

Best of luck.
    Think of it this time next week you hopefully will be home with your baby.!!!

Hi ladies,

I know on the Monday I went in for bloods
    Checked baby ctg
    Signed consent form.
    Doc discussed side effects and told me what time to be there Tues morning.
    They may tell you how many other are in Tuesday too

There was three on my Tuesday.
    I went second.

The surgical team decide who goes where on planned c section list.
    The factors which decide are.
    Gestational diabetes
    Previous c section
    Any problems throughout pregnancy.
    Or how your placenta uterus is at term. Etc

When you go in your oh will have to get you admission labels to admit you while you get vital signs done and gown on ted stockings etc.

Then you will have your bed in the ward and porter will call to collect you in your bed!

I presume your previous section was an emergency? As if not you know all of the above!!!

Monday evening is weird I found as for definite it was happening the next day.
    Hard to relax!!

Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow, furbabymomma, when you meet your little baby for the first time. You've done great for the last nine months, eyes on the prize :)

Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow, furbabymomma, when you meet your little baby for the first time. You've done great for the last nine months, eyes on the prize :)

Thanks so much madeinamerica, spotted this on my last doggy walk for the foreseeable future this morning and it brought a tear to my eye # hubby was wondering what I was smiling at :-)

In the car on the way to the hospital now so hopefully talk to all you wonderful mommas and mommas-to-be soon xxx

Thanks so much madeinamerica, spotted this on my last doggy walk for the foreseeable future this morning and it brought a tear to my eye # hubby was wondering what I was smiling at :-)

In the car on the way to the hospital now so hopefully talk to all you wonderful mommas and mommas-to-be soon xxx

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Best of luck.!

After a morning where yet again no plans went to plan she is here and totally adorable. Baby Ailbhe, 6lbs 15oz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

After a morning where yet again no plans went to plan she is here and totally adorable. Baby Ailbhe, 6lbs 15oz :)

Congratulations
    Hope you are both ok
    Best of luck to you both

Congratulations to you that's great news.
    Hope Alls well and you can start to enjoy her!

Congrats Furbabymomma !! Hope it all went ok for you, and welcome Ailbhe - our first September girl!!!

Ah congrats. Great news. A girl at last! The relief must be something else.

Our first girl in Sept! Congrats and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Congrats to all you ladies with your lovely little healthy babies, hope ye are doing great. Am I the only one left at this stage?! :(

Am 41 weeks tomorrow, doctor did a sweep yesterday morning.
    Will be admitted Thursday afternoon and induced Friday morning if nothin happens before then.
    Almost there, tryin to keep my spirits up!!

Congrats! And well done Mum! Welcome to the world, Ailbhe, a princess among the September princes :)

I hope the first few days and nights are going well for you and Ailbhe :)

• Advertisement

Congrats to all you ladies with your lovely little healthy babies, hope ye are doing great. Am I the only one left at this stage?! :(

Am 41 weeks tomorrow, doctor did a sweep yesterday morning.
    Will be admitted Thursday afternoon and induced Friday morning if nothin happens before then.
    Almost there, tryin to keep my spirits up!!

Exciting week for you jellie! Hope the sweep gets you moving. Keep us posted :)

Advertisement