Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

Just had a check up in the hospital today. Urine showed to have high levels of protein. Mid wife said it might be a kidney infection but to keep an eye for the signs of preeclampsia. Baby has turned but still not in right position so back again in two week, if not in position then he'll book me in for a section the following week.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hi ladies,

Just had a check up in the hospital today. Urine showed to have high levels of protein. Mid wife said it might be a kidney infection but to keep an eye for the signs of preeclampsia. Baby has turned but still not in right position so back again in two week, if not in position then he'll book me in for a section the following week.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Ah these babies are little divils ; you can do everything right and they'll still do what they wanna do. Fingers crossed for the turn and that it's only a kidney infection x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Karmella, you're dead right that you are better off without him! Can't believe he couldn't wait to tell you, you and his children should come first right now. Your son hugging your bump is too sweet though :)

Excited_FTM, sorry to hear the baby isn't quite in the right position. He could hopefully align before your next appointment. If not, it's exciting that you'll get the date you'll meet your little one!

39 weeks today. Had my blood pressure checked when I went in today, the machine reading was high, so they kept me to have the doctor do a manual reading, which was in the normal range, so they are happy to leave my next appt in the clinic on Thursday. Cough starting to ease up some so feeling less worried about going into labour soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

So a week left for you comongethappy! Glad your cold / cough have gotten better!

Very excited to hear monflat's news tomorrow :)

Had my 36 week check up today, nothing interesting to report, they have just upped my GD meds to see if it improves. Can't wait to finish work this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Karmella wrote: »
    So a week left for you comongethappy! Glad your cold / cough have gotten better!

Very excited to hear monflat's news tomorrow :)

Had my 36 week check up today, nothing interesting to report, they have just upped my GD meds to see if it improves. Can't wait to finish work this week!

Hi all
    Good to read all your news! its not long more and I was enjoying reading over the first few pages of this thread.,
    Off for an " early " heartburn filled night now.

Il post when I can.

• Advertisement

So excited for you monflat! This time tomorrow you'll be holding your new little one! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

So excited for you monflat! This time tomorrow you'll be holding your new little one! Best of luck!

Wow monflat! All the best for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Good Luck monflat! Thinking of you today! Very exciting!!!👶💕

Best of Luck Moonflat!!

Hopefully we all won't have too much longer

Hi all.

Baby boy 8 lbs 7 massive surprise convinced it was a girl.

Now the fun begins

• Advertisement

monflat wrote: »
    Hi all.

Now the fun begins

:) Fantastic news - Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your 'rest' in the hospital :p

Congrats monflat! A good sized little lad! Any names picked?

Congratulations (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Huge congratulations to you monflat!! Hope you and the little man are enjoying lots of cuddles!
    (I'm convinced I'm having a girl too so it'll be interesting to see what happens!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

congratulations monflat 20 days left for me
    cant wait for d day

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Early baby number 2! Baby boy arrived safe and well at 7.21 am eastern US time this morning after a very quick labour. 3 weeks early! 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches.

Waters broke at 2 am, just a bit so wasn't convinced. I'd some pH strips from work so tested it: 7.5, amniotic fluid for sure. Mild cramping started at the bottom of the bump after 20 min, then got stronger and really close together. More waters, about 4 times at home. We were totally unprepared, no bags packed, no contraction app, no taxi numbers. Took us 2 hrs to get sorted then into hospital by 5am. 5cm then. Contractions began to get very very strong, breathing through them was very hard, I didn't want any drugs and they don't do gas and air. I'd planned to walk through the contractions but once I got on a bed I didn't get off. Lying on my left side all the time. Got to 10 cm about 7 am, felt the urge and started pushing. Jesus that was something else. Hubby had requested a mid wife early on and she was great, ob was there for the delivery and she was good too, both coaching me through the pushing. I think I was roaring, midwife told me to put that shouting energy into pushing! I was in another world through all that, eyes closed, lot of pain. And then he arrived! All pain forgotten! Up on my chest straight away. Oh my God! :)

Despite my intentions, I delivered on my back on a bed, but all went so quickly and so well I've no complaints. Midwife and ob were great and did honour our wishes for no drugs etc. Poor anaesthetist arrived in half hour after birth offering epidural, sorry mate too late!

Tried breast feeding after a wee while, took a bit to get him latched but seems to be OK so far. Nurse will be by later to see if I'm doing it right. Just hanging out now getting plenty of skin to skin with my little fella :):) bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Awww congratulations madeinamerica!!! Enjoy those cuddles and well done!!! :D

OMG!!! Congrats !!! Sounds like you did really well - no pain relief!! - fair play. But what a shock 3 weeks early!

Had you even finished work?!

Congratulations madeinamerica, at least you'll have an extra 3 weeks with baby now :) nice weight too to say 3 weeks early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Congratulations madeinamerica
    3 weeks early wow

• Advertisement

Congrats madeinamerica, so happy you and your little man are happy and healthy! :-)

monflat wrote: »
    Hi all.

Now the fun begins

Congratulations!! Awhhhh hope you are doing well monflat! x

Early baby number 2! Baby boy arrived safe and well at 7.21 am eastern US time this morning after a very quick labour. 3 weeks early! 7 lb 1 oz, 19.75 inches.

Waters broke at 2 am, just a bit so wasn't convinced. I'd some pH strips from work so tested it: 7.5, amniotic fluid for sure. Mild cramping started at the bottom of the bump after 20 min, then got stronger and really close together. More waters, about 4 times at home. We were totally unprepared, no bags packed, no contraction app, no taxi numbers. Took us 2 hrs to get sorted then into hospital by 5am. 5cm then. Contractions began to get very very strong, breathing through them was very hard, I didn't want any drugs and they don't do gas and air. I'd planned to walk through the contractions but once I got on a bed I didn't get off. Lying on my left side all the time. Got to 10 cm about 7 am, felt the urge and started pushing. Jesus that was something else. Hubby had requested a mid wife early on and she was great, ob was there for the delivery and she was good too, both coaching me through the pushing. I think I was roaring, midwife told me to put that shouting energy into pushing! I was in another world through all that, eyes closed, lot of pain. And then he arrived! All pain forgotten! Up on my chest straight away. Oh my God! :)

Despite my intentions, I delivered on my back on a bed, but all went so quickly and so well I've no complaints. Midwife and ob were great and did honour our wishes for no drugs etc. Poor anaesthetist arrived in half hour after birth offering epidural, sorry mate too late!

Tried breast feeding after a wee while, took a bit to get him latched but seems to be OK so far. Nurse will be by later to see if I'm doing it right. Just hanging out now getting plenty of skin to skin with my little fella :):) bliss

No waaaaaaay! Congratulations No2!!! Awh I'd say you are over the moon! Big kisses and hugs to mammy and baby!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Oh my god madeinamerica!!! Huge congratulations! I do pop my head in here from the August thread to see how you're all getting on and what a lovely surprise! I LOVE that you PH'd your own waters haha such a good idea :) must do that myself if this little lady ever decides to show up..! Enjoy every minute with your little dote bet he is just fab. xxx

Ah I'm delighted for you it's all over now.
    Things went great for you in the end. Fair play..
    Enjoy the time ye have together!!!!

Aww monflat and madeinamerica congratulations to you both on the safe arrival of your little bundles of joy. Hope you are both enjoying mammyhood and getting lots of snuggles in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Huge congrats Monflat and MiA! That's fantastic!

OMG,3 wks early MiA! I'm a week behind you! I couldn't contemplate going next week! :eek: I'm not finished work for another 2 wks!

Wowsers!#

Should start a "delivery post" for all new Sept arrivals! :D

Morning gals, last day of work today yippee!!! Being taken out for lunch. I was going to work tomorrow but I've an appointment in the morning to see the diabetes doctor so don't see the point really in going in for a few hours after.

Had my 39+3 antenatal appt today, high blood pressure 1st reading, and baby was being bold moving every time the midwife found his heart beat! This midwife reckoned he was around 10 lbs (no scan, just feeling) , so it will be interesting to see what he comes out as the midwife two weeks ago reckoned he was 7.4 lbs.

They had me wait 30 mins for another reading and it was normal, back in GP Mon for another BP check and then another midwife appt on Thursday if I haven't gone.

• Advertisement

Had my 39+3 antenatal appt today, high blood pressure 1st reading, and baby was being bold moving every time the midwife found his heart beat! This midwife reckoned he was around 10 lbs (no scan, just feeling) , so it will be interesting to see what he comes out as the midwife two weeks ago reckoned he was 7.4 lbs.

They had me wait 30 mins for another reading and it was normal, back in GP Mon for another BP check and then another midwife appt on Thursday if I haven't gone.

10lbs, wow!!! My goodness you're not far off from giving birth now, this thread will be full of new babies soon. Looking forward to hearing the stories and names :)

Advertisement