Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

i wasnt sure about the whooping cough one, but the gp and nurse i asked about it said you never know who has it, and nurse also said there was other things in the vaccine for the baby
    the vaccine is a Tdap vaccine. This is a low dose tetanus (T), diphtheria (d) and acellular pertussis (ap) booster vaccine which protests against tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (pertussis).
    i went for it on the last day i could get it, couldnt see any bad points online about it

had a scan yesterday, all good approx 6lb now and 21 inches 3 weeks and 3 days left

I got it too.

Has anyone been advised for the father or other care givers like grandparents to get it too? I was, but not sure if it is necessary or a money maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

No I wasn't told anything like that - maybe it makes sense for the flu vaccine just to keep it out of the house, but not for the whooping cough one. The main reason for getting the Tdap one is to transfer immunity from the mother to the baby when they are very small - before they get their own vaccine shots (after 2-4 months).

My doctor told me the reason why there is tetanus in the Tdap actually - its unreal. Apparently in some Hindu cultures its traditional to put cow dung on the baby's belly button while it is healing .... eeek! (guess its something to do with cows being sacred) And funnily enough a big proportion of the babies get very sick with infections and even die! The mind boggles :)

Got another dose of Braxton Hicks yesterday evening and the groin pain is unreal the last 2 days!! TGIF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

It's funny, I was never advised by GP or midwives to get any vaccinations. I just assumed I was pregnant during a low risk time.

Karmella, do you find your pelvic pain even or more on one side? While baby is more to my right, I'm feeling it on my left.

A bit worried about blood pressure and weight at last doc appt. I see the nurse to get BP tested again on Monday and then they will decide if it's an issue or not. He said the other GP in the office had different weighing scale and the large increase could be due to that.

Just wish this cold would shift too, I can't sleep well with it, have to breathe through mouth and ended up inhaling reflux when asleep last night :(

Its pretty much equal on both sides, and I'm getting a bit of lower back pain aswell (well this is how my period pains usually manifest and its what I remember my contractions being like last time - they were all in my back). I never had the pelvic / groin pain last time.

That's a pain to have a head cold - especially when you can't really take much for relief (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

i wasnt sure about the whooping cough one, but the gp and nurse i asked about it said you never know who has it, and nurse also said there was other things in the vaccine for the baby
    the vaccine is a Tdap vaccine. This is a low dose tetanus (T), diphtheria (d) and acellular pertussis (ap) booster vaccine which protests against tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough (pertussis).
    i went for it on the last day i could get it, couldnt see any bad points online about it

had a scan yesterday, all good approx 6lb now and 21 inches 3 weeks and 3 days left

Well unfortunately the choice is out of my hands now. I ordered the vaccination 4 weeks ago with my GP and had an appointment with him the day after it was due in. But the pharmaceutical company said they never received an order from him and their next delivery is on September - much too late. GP then gave me a prescription for the chemist, but they say they can't order it in directly. So that's the end of that.

Also had a scan today and baby is still in breech with her legs up by her head. So feeling pretty deflated and upset. Hubby doesn't know what to do but tbh I've just told him I need to be left alone for a bit to get my head straight. So I'm going to feel sorry for myself for the rest of the day and by tomorrow I'll be back on track.

• Advertisement

Also had a scan today and baby is still in breech with her legs up by her head. So feeling pretty deflated and upset. Hubby doesn't know what to do but tbh I've just told him I need to be left alone for a bit to get my head straight. So I'm going to feel sorry for myself for the rest of the day and by tomorrow I'll be back on track.

Sorry to hear he is still breech. I hope that he turns for you. Has your midwife or consultant given any indication of how they want to proceed?

Oh that's disappointing fur baby :( what week are you? There's still time for her to turn maybe?

I'm 35 + 2 so still time. I've booked myself in with a chiropractor qualified in the Webster technique on Monday and hope to see her twice before the hospital have me booked in for a manual turn at 37 weeks.

I know to some people a C section isn't a worry but I'm on the opposite side of the coin, where it was one of the reasons I was reluctant to get pregnant in the first place. So this is a nightmare for me. But I'll just take each day as it comes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

It's funny, I was never advised by GP or midwives to get any vaccinations. I just assumed I was pregnant during a low risk time.

Karmella, do you find your pelvic pain even or more on one side? While baby is more to my right, I'm feeling it on my left.

I hadnt been advised about any vaccs, asked doc about whooping cough, he was neither yes/no, suggested i discuss with Gp, went to gp then forgot! And then it was too late. Perhaps it wasnt mentioned cos of low risk time. Not worried.

Having the pelvic pains tho they are like sharp pinching/ jabbing pains that come and go and sometimes when walking. Never got period cramps so imagining thats what they are like???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I'm 35 + 2 so still time. I've booked myself in with a chiropractor qualified in the Webster technique on Monday and hope to see her twice before the hospital have me booked in for a manual turn at 37 weeks.

I know to some people a C section isn't a worry but I'm on the opposite side of the coin, where it was one of the reasons I was reluctant to get pregnant in the first place. So this is a nightmare for me. But I'll just take each day as it comes now.

Ah That's such a pity for you. Hopefully all the moxibustion and chiropractor works for you.

Still early days for you.

But I do understand where you are coming from.
    Im in for section next week and i find it difficult to comprehend.

However I can only comment after what a planned section will be like.
    As mentioned previously I've had 2 full labour's and two emergency c s..

I never got time to think about or prepare for the first.
    I was v disappointed at the second.
    No matter what people say to you that it's the safest way out it still is there on your mind that you were robbed of what the feeling was to give birth naturally.

However I know you are dreading it. Hope the baby turns for you. But still unfortunately it's what some women have to go through.

Maybe you are being made face your fear?
    Not sure but think of it that baby will be delivered safely.

When my first baby heart rate dropped and I rushed to theatre with panic everywhere and what they had to do to get her out and then there was not a sound out of her I thought I was experiencing something in a dream.
    Your control is given to the professionals looking after you.
    Thank god she came to and all ok but there was an awful mix of emotions of everything.

Maybe hypnotherapy or something along those lines may help you prepare and deal with your fears.

I no my words are no consolation but I do understand to a degree where you are coming from.

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    I hadnt been advised about any vaccs, asked doc about whooping cough, he was neither yes/no, suggested i discuss with Gp, went to gp then forgot! And then it was too late. Perhaps it wasnt mentioned cos of low risk time. Not worried.

Having the pelvic pains tho they are like sharp pinching/ jabbing pains that come and go and sometimes when walking. Never got period cramps so imagining thats what they are like???

Oh lord those pelvic pains are terrible.
    I've resorted to hot water bottle on my sacrum each night rollin over in.bed is agony and I have to take pain relief at night for it. The grinding and the pain is like back labour I had on my first.
    It got so bad the other day I went to hospital to be checked out.

The end is in.sight now for us all 38 +2
    . Can't wait to meet baby!
    Will have news Tuesday :-D

Oh wow monflat you've only 3 more days!!! That is very exciting!!

There's a lot to be said for a planned section :) at least you know when /where - no unknowns!

The thing that is getting to me at the moment is trying to make plans for labour and what to do with my son and who to call etc. It is so hard to take into account all the different scenarios :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

monflat wrote: »
    Oh lord those pelvic pains are terrible.
    I've resorted to hot water bottle on my sacrum each night rollin over in.bed is agony and I have to take pain relief at night for it. The grinding and the pain is like back labour I had on my first.
    It got so bad the other day I went to hospital to be checked out.

The end is in.sight now for us all 38 +2
    . Can't wait to meet baby!
    Will have news Tuesday :-D

I've tried everything to get comfortable in bed all the pillows, hot water bottles, massages and I've finally found something that is working, I've brought in another double duvet and scrunched it up and lying on it, it's helping me get a few more hours! Worth a try ladies!

29days to go! Washing baby clothes today, pram and car seat arrived yesterday in the wrong colour grrrr so they are delivering the right one on Tuesday.

Anyone any plans this weekend?

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I've tried everything to get comfortable in bed all the pillows, hot water bottles, massages and I've finally found something that is working, I've brought in another double duvet and scrunched it up and lying on it, it's helping me get a few more hours! Worth a try ladies!

29days to go! Washing baby clothes today, pram and car seat arrived yesterday in the wrong colour grrrr so they are delivering the right one on Tuesday.

Anyone any plans this weekend?

Oh great I might try that.

B day party tomorrow. 2 YR old.

Making 5 loaves of sandwiches now for gaa match

Only got the car seat from attic last night needs cleaning AND despite me asking husband to put together the crib for the past 4 weeks it's still in attic.
    We will use that for downstairs.
    Men eh!!!!

I've no plans, actually sitting here pondering about what to do. Isn't it so silly? I feel really good and rested and pain free today and feel like I should be doing something. But obviously I should just keep resting!! Mad the way the mind works. I'll be picking up my son in a couple hours and no doubt I'll be wrecked again after 5 minutes ha ha.

Oh great I might try that.

B day party tomorrow. 2 YR old.

Making 5 loaves of sandwiches now for gaa match

Only got the car seat from attic last night needs cleaning AND despite me asking husband to put together the crib for the past 4 weeks it's still in attic.
    We will use that for downstairs.
    Men eh!!!!

So excited for you monflat, the first from the Sept group! Oh stop I know, not being able to do things for yourself is so frustrating and trying to get himself in gear to do it is even more frustrating!!!

Hi monflat, not going to quote your post as it was long but just wanted to say thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated to get your perspective. Sorry about your emergency section, sounds very traumatic. Thank goodness you had your little girl at the end of it all x

I've had my evening of feeling sorry for myself so today is onwards and upwards. We're cleaning the house and having a clear out!

Can't believe you'll have your little one next week, that is so exciting!!!

Karmella wrote: »
    Oh wow monflat you've only 3 more days!!! That is very exciting!!

There's a lot to be said for a planned section :) at least you know when /where - no unknowns!

The thing that is getting to me at the moment is trying to make plans for labour and what to do with my son and who to call etc. It is so hard to take into account all the different scenarios :)

Have you anyone close by that could come along at short notice.
    Sometimes I wonder for small ones it would be nice to go into labour during day as they wud get so upset If they woke up during m night n you were not there.
    Even thou you'd have someone familiar there..

Thanks all for your comments!
    I can't believe it that by 3 or 4 Tuesday il have a baby.
    It's weird still can't believe it.
    Aaaah!!!

Have you anyone close by that could come along at short notice.
    Sometimes I wonder for small ones it would be nice to go into labour during day as they wud get so upset If they woke up during m night n you were not there.
    Even thou you'd have someone familiar there..

Yeah I just need to organise who can pick him up from crèche if it's during the day, or who will call over in case it's in the middle if the night, or who will take him for a sleepover, and then you need to have back-up plans! Like I said there are just so many scenarios to think about....

• Advertisement

Yeah I just need to organise who can pick him up from crèche if it's during the day, or who will call over in case it's in the middle if the night, or who will take him for a sleepover, and then you need to have back-up plans! Like I said there are just so many scenarios to think about....

Totally I know it's a tough one.
    My 4 yr old has a pain in her stomach for past 3 days I think it's anxiety
    She has overheard. Knows baby here soon but I told her I have an appointment on Tuesday
    If she knew that I would not be back Tuesday evening she would loose her life.

I usually don't lie to her but this time I have to.

Totally I know it's a tough one.
    My 4 yr old has a pain in her stomach for past 3 days I think it's anxiety
    She has overheard. Knows baby here soon but I told her I have an appointment on Tuesday
    If she knew that I would not be back Tuesday evening she would loose her life.

I usually don't lie to her but this time I have to.

Hopefully she'll be ok when she sees her little baby sibling :)

73trix, the pelvic pains I get sometimes when I'm walking are sharp and stabbing, and feel like it's straight down or toward the front of my pelvis.

Lately though my left leg on the inside and towards the pelvis has been hurting, nearly feels like a pulled muscle, and it's there pretty much all the time, just feel it more when walking, turning in bed, or standing up.

Monflat, it's so exciting that you'll be meeting your baby soon! Congrats :-)

Reflux is back with a vengeance, and I've a chesty cough and cold. Actually threw up last night I coughed so hard :-( I just need to shift this before baby comes, I honestly don't think I would have the energy for labour with the way I feel!

The oddest thing is happening had a shower yest and today and my hair is shedding loads! Is this not supposed to happen after birth not before?!!

My son just gave me & bump a big cuddle and said he was giving baby a hug. :D Melted my heart!

It was just what I needed - as last week his dad confessed to me that he now has a girlfriend that he is 'in love with' .... What a dick. :(
    Well screw him, I'm going to be so much better off without him. Selfish prick.

36 weeks tomorrow! Last week of work this week ... And half day tomorrow as I have antenatal in the hospital. Hate afternoon appointments though as the waiting times are a complete lottery, never know if I'll be out in time to get to the crèche.

pastry2010 wrote: »
    The oddest thing is happening had a shower yest and today and my hair is shedding loads! Is this not supposed to happen after birth not before?!!

Yeah usually after :) maybe it's a sign!! What week are you? Actually mine is starting too now that you mention it.

My son just gave me & bump a big cuddle and said he was giving baby a hug. :D Melted my heart!

It was just what I needed - as last week his dad confessed to me that he now has a girlfriend that he is 'in love with' .... What a dick. :(

Fair play Karmella! Keep your head up! X

Yeah usually after :) maybe it's a sign!! What week are you? Actually mine is starting too now that you mention it.

Maybe it's the slow release if certain hormones, it's so weird I hadn't lost any and then yesterday and today my brush is full of hair! I'm 36 weeks today!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

36 weeks tomorrow! Last week of work this week ... And half day tomorrow as I have antenatal in the hospital. Hate afternoon appointments though as the waiting times are a complete lottery, never know if I'll be out in time to get to the crèche.

That is so lovely of your son! Such a dote. Your ex on the other hand... Good woman karmella, you are already better off.

• Advertisement

Ugh Karmella what a plonker!!! Alright for him running around falling in love with people, he's not the one growing a baby! Does sound like you're better off without him.

Advertisement