Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I got a nursing bra off Jojo Maman Bebe, it's very comfortable and just clips off at the front. Gonna get a couple more.

I must check them out. I need a few new ones.
    Is there much space to actually get your boob out? Some I find you'd hardly get your finger outtthrough the gap ley alone your boob comfortably.

I must look up website

I have 2 weddings in sept

I have not been at one since I was pregnant the last time

My 2yr old will be flowergirl so I have to be there
    The other one is exactly the week after.

I'm not looking forward to themismatch I know it's terrible thing to say as the early days are so important establishing feeding
    .. Let alone worry about dressing up post partum. Belly all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i should have added the link for asda
    sorry ladies, they have sizes up to a G cup, nice designs too

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=nursing+bra&cgid=10&ccgid=10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

having a big 'un, apparently !! growth scan today today at 33+4 and bubs measuring 5lbs 8oz already !! no wonder bump feels heavier , and very tight as tho stretched to the max ! baby s head is down so explains the increasing pressure in pelvic area . doc apt Thursday but sonographer reckons i won't make 40wk. as if 6 wks wasn't soon ...yikes !! so unprepared !!

73trix wrote: »
    having a big 'un, apparently !! growth scan today today at 33+4 and bubs measuring 5lbs 8oz already !! no wonder bump feels heavier , and very tight as tho stretched to the max ! baby s head is down so explains the increasing pressure in pelvic area . doc apt Thursday but sonographer reckons i won't make 40wk. as if 6 wks wasn't soon ...yikes !! so unprepared !!

Ah That's great. I hate that tight feeling it's terrible I won't miss it. !

How many times are ye all getting up to toilet during the night?

I'm so sick of it I'm up every hour and 20 mins I try not to clock watch but last night I just had enough of it I needed to know how often.
    And as ye know to haul yourselves out of bed for a trickle
    Aaah 36 and 4 days.
    On the home straight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Good few big babies in this group :)

Today mine was estimated at 6lb - 34 wks today.

I've been put on tablets for the gestational diabetes for 2 weeks and if things don't improve they will look into insulin. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Yep another big one here to :) September must be the month for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I have 9 days left in work and I am so tempted to get the Doc to write me a sick note for my last week, I'm getting max 4 hours sleep, facing public transport every day and the aches and shooting pains are really getting to me. Then I think to myself cop on people go through much worse and I shouldn't be moaning......so tempting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

pastry2010 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, just reading through the posts I missed, ahhhh the aches aren't they great!!!:( Turning in the bed is such an ordeal!
    Went to hospital yesterday 33+5 and they couldn't tell me the weight because the machine was older in that particular room which I was a bit annoyed about. Does anyone know if the Coombe give you a growth scan? I'm back in 2 weeks but nothing was mentioned.

Also wondering if anyone has noticed 'down there' feels different?! 3/4 days ago I felt it if it was getting bigger if that makes sense like things were stretching!

I was in the Coombe yesterday to see my consultant and had the usual mini scan at the appointment. As always there was the comment about the baby being a "big" baby. I asked what the estimated weight (in so far as they can tell now (was 31+6) and when using one of those scanners.
    Turns out when the doctor was saying "big" she really meant long and as I am tall enough and my husband is very tall then its no surprise that the baby is one with long limbs. The estimated weight at delivery as given to me yesterday was 8/9lbs.
    To me that is not a "big" baby its just a baby. In my family we were all between 7.5lbs and 9lbs and just normal sized cute babies.

To me "big" is when you hit 10lbs or over.

I was looking at the measurement printout from my growth scan a couple weeks ago and they measure the Head Circumference, the Abdomen Circumference and Femur length and then use these to calculate and estimate the weight.

So at 31 weeks the overall estimation was the 95th % for that time period i.e. most of the measurements were more what they'd expect at 33-34 weeks. At the end of the day its only an estimation aswell though. They have a +/- range of a pound or something.

My bubs anyway was measuring big %'s for head and abdomen (but they were in proportion) but then only 10% for femur length which I chuckled at cos neither of us is tall - we are both the same height (im 5'6 and he's 5.7). So he's a chubby little baby in there :)

So at 31 wks they estimated 4lb13oz and yesterday (34) about 6lb so this fella is going to be at least a 9 pounder like his brother.

Tis nearly better that they are on the bigger side anyway as you kinda feel like they are a bit more sturdy or something. I think I'd have been very nervous with a 'small' baby first time. But I was a complete baby-phobe before I had my own so that's a lot to do with it too.

I was in the Coombe yesterday to see my consultant and had the usual mini scan at the appointment. As always there was the comment about the baby being a "big" baby. I asked what the estimated weight (in so far as they can tell now (was 31+6) and when using one of those scanners.
    Turns out when the doctor was saying "big" she really meant long and as I am tall enough and my husband is very tall then its no surprise that the baby is one with long limbs. The estimated weight at delivery as given to me yesterday was 8/9lbs.
    To me that is not a "big" baby its just a baby. In my family we were all between 7.5lbs and 9lbs and just normal sized cute babies.

To me "big" is when you hit 10lbs or over.

Mine has long femurs too apparently. My side of the family are pretty tall so it wouldn't be a surprise.

TBH the accuracy of fetal weight measurements is very inaccurate, either by scan or by someone feeling the baby, so I'm not worrying myself about it. It is what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Was told baby was 4lbs 7oz at 32 weeks but heard that the scan weights are totally unreliable so not going to think about it again as in very short and don't wanna think about baby getting too much bigger ;-) I'd love if the baby came a bit early - a week before the due date is our wedding anniversary so that would be lovely ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Just finished up work - it feels so weird (but great) that I won't be in for nearly a year!

Just finished up work - it feels so weird (but great) that I won't be in for nearly a year!

What a lovely feeling. Just enjoy it now.!

Probably TMI: Think I might have lost a bit of the plug today. Was a bit worried as I'm only 35w but Google tells me that it can start coming out a few weeks before labour starts. Hopefully it doesn't start too soon!

Probably TMI: Think I might have lost a bit of the plug today. Was a bit worried as I'm only 35w but Google tells me that it can start coming out a few weeks before labour starts. Hopefully it doesn't start too soon!

Yes it's weird I lost some of mine around 36 weeks on first.

However I did go after that to 40 +10.
    But I was around 2cm dilated from 39 weeks.

it's tuff waiting and on constant knicker watch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Mine went a couple of weeks ago, consultant said it's fine, it goes and reforms ect
    They don't worry about the plug at all
    The end of it came away with a small bit of blood
    Told the gp oh dear
    She sent me to maternity emergency
    Six hours later I saw the same consultant and she just laughed and asked why the gp sent me up
    Gp told me once the plug goes labour will start
    Consultant told me to go back and bet €50 it won't
    Nice to see baby again
    But six hours was along wait

So I have decided to leave work a week earlier, I was getting dizzy with the lack of sleep and losing my appetite completely, off to doc tomorrow to get a cert and then it's feet up until baby comes :)

How is everyone feeling? finished the nursery I just need to pack my hospital bag this weekend and then I'm all ready. :)

A bit of plug??That's exciting, the first real sign your little one is coming!! Just wondering my baby app says boobs may start leaking but not for me and I have slight inverted nipple so wondering if it's going to be possible to feed at all, I'll rent pump anyway.

So I have decided to leave work a week earlier, I was getting dizzy with the lack of sleep and losing my appetite completely, off to doc tomorrow to get a cert and then it's feet up until baby comes :) .

Your dead right to finish up early, best to focus on you and the baby at this stage! Try to get something into you though, maybe like fruit and yoghurt smoothie? Hope you can nap during the day now.

I'm 37 + 3 today, just had my antenatal appt and they are double checking my iron

So I have decided to leave work a week earlier, I was getting dizzy with the lack of sleep and losing my appetite completely, off to doc tomorrow to get a cert and then it's feet up until baby comes :)

How is everyone feeling? finished the nursery I just need to pack my hospital bag this weekend and then I'm all ready. :)

A bit of plug??That's exciting, the first real sign your little one is coming!! Just wondering my baby app says boobs may start leaking but not for me and I have slight inverted nipple so wondering if it's going to be possible to feed at all, I'll rent pump anyway.

Your totally right to finish up now no point in goin on if you can't do it.
    Killin yourself

My boobs started leaking on my first. However pregnant on 2 n 3 Rd
    They have not at all even thou I fed other two.

I think you maybe able to feed with inverted nipple however have you contacted anyone about this
    Sought advice I mean?

The best thing is to be prepared maybe there maybe someone similar on the boards bf forum they could offer hints and advice.
    If you get as much help in the hospital as you can.
    Have contact numbers for bf support groups in case you need them.

I'm.absolutely dying a slow death here I went out to meet friend last night and next thing I got a text from the husband.at 1.30 to know was I.coming home!!! We lost track of time.
    4 yr old up during d night then 2 yr old up At 6. Aaaah
    Just brought them to the woods there walked for one hour to wear them out.
    N now I don't care they will get a treat n a surprise dvd and im lying on d bed.

I just crave an uninterrupted rest!!!!
    Goin to bed. Tonight immediately when husband comes home!

Good on you for making the decision to leave early, your health and baby's wellbeing is most important.

my boobs leak a tiny bit only if I squeeze them. I've always had bullets for nipples, which was quite annoying as you could see them through everything, sometimes even padded bras. Hopefully, after years of hassle trying to keep them from taking out someone's eye, they will give me some advantage to breast feeding! :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm having my last me, my self, and I day :) Picking up moses basket and nursing bras, treating myself to a movie and some post movie veggie sushi, and then finishing it off with a bit more shopping. Last time it will be just me!

Hope all you ladies are treating yourselves as well as Dday approaches!

I'm having my last me, my self, and I day :) Picking up moses basket and nursing bras, treating myself to a movie and some post movie veggie sushi, and then finishing it off with a bit more shopping. Last time it will be just me!

Sounds lovely!! Enjoy it :)

I have groupon vouchers lined up to get my hair done and a full pedicure as soon as I finish work in a couple weeks - can't flipping wait!

Very good idea! Think I might plan one of those myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I've just had the doctor sign me off driving long distances for work - between my strained back, sore ribs and breech baby it's just too much. He was gonna sign me off altogether but I'm just not ready to go yet! I don't think I want to admit baby will be here really soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Look after yourself furbabymomma, do what the doc says ;)

madeinamerica, it's totally normal to lose part of the plug as it replenishes itself anyway. It doesn't indicate anything, really. I got a scare at 19 weeks and the doctor in Holles St assured me that once the cervix is closed there is nothing to worry about! :)

Thanks Isolt. There was a bit more again yesterday but I have calmed down a little now!

Headed to my Doc (different GP every time I go!) and I explained that I wasn't sleeping and getting dizzy, lack of appetite etc and that I had spoke to work and they thought it best to rest they just required a GP note to sign me off a week early....and guess what the GP wouldn't do it!!! I was utterly shocked, I couldn't believe it here I am telling the GP I'm getting dizzy in work and my employers were concerned and she said she wouldn't give me a letter!! She confirmed my blood pressure was lower than usual and that would cause the dizzy spells but said not sleeping was not an illness.

I'm transferring my GP services elsewhere as I found her rude and very condescending.

Just wanted to know what you girls thought or am I totally being unreasonable to expect my GP to support me?

Headed to my Doc (different GP every time I go!) and I explained that I wasn't sleeping and getting dizzy, lack of appetite etc and that I had spoke to work and they thought it best to rest they just required a GP note to sign me off a week early....and guess what the GP wouldn't do it!!! I was utterly shocked, I couldn't believe it here I am telling the GP I'm getting dizzy in work and my employers were concernued and she said she wouldn't give me a letter!! She confirmed my blood pressure was lower than usual and that would cause the dizzy spells but said not sleeping was not an illness.

I'm transferring my GP services elsewhere as I found her rude and very condescending.

Just wanted to know what you girls thought or am I totally being unreasonable to expect my GP to support me?

Oh my god I'm horrified
    What a bitch.
    Not sleeping is not an illness but it effects your every way of functioning.
    What happened if you had an accident fell asleep etc.
    What a witch.
    I would not give up on that make sure you get a cert even go back to same practice and see another gp.

Sometimes I find female gp s are worse than male gp s as they have an attitude about it.
    Males don't know what pregnancy is like so they don't argue.

Your asking for a week early not3 months early.

I'd specifically request a different doc
    Tell them you are not up to it.
    And you want a cert that's it.

After that write a letter of complaint and change GP

Curious to know did she check your urine that day?

monflat wrote: »
    Oh my god I'm horrified
    What a bitch.
    Not sleeping is not an illness but it effects your every way of functioning.
    What happened if you had an accident fell asleep etc.
    What a witch.
    I would not give up on that make sure you get a cert even go back to same practice and see another gp.

Sometimes I find female gp s are worse than male gp s as they have an attitude about it.
    Males don't know what pregnancy is like so they don't argue.

Your asking for a week early not3 months early.

I'd specifically request a different doc
    Tell them you are not up to it.
    And you want a cert that's it.

After that write a letter of complaint and change GP

Curious to know did she check your urine that day?

She did, said I was very dehydrated, checked blood pressure and measured bump. I was so upset when I came out as I felt I'd asked for something huge and made feel stupid for even asking!

• Advertisement

She did, said I was very dehydrated, checked blood pressure and measured bump. I was so upset when I came out as I felt I'd asked for something huge and made feel stupid for even asking!
    Well shag that I'd go back specify to secretary you don't want to see her and tell the other doc ur story and that it's too much of a risk at work your not right in yourself. Get your cert

That's terrible.

Advertisement