Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me who finds this annoying, funerals, at removal, or graveside, or back of church, why do people think that because they are far enough back from what's happening they can have full blown conversations? I think it's so rude and disrespectful. I mean why be there? Should have stopped in café in town had a cuppa and a chat if that were the case. Also heard on a number of occasions people saying "I got a great spot could see everything". I mean WTF did they think they were at, a concert or show?

Sorry rant over.

Back of church during the mass? Yes rude. But, c'mon, funerals are social occasions especially in Ireland. My grandmother died in October and I was just so overwhelmed by the amount of people who showed up. It's an opportunity to catch up with people you don't see regularly. Re: grave side when he coffin is being lowered yes, but while you're all just standing around waiting I don't see a problem having a chin wag, also depending on your relationship with the deceased you might even have a good laugh remembering stories etc, which for me is what funerals are all about; celebrating life.

Getting a great spot though? That is weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Second row in Croke Park at a concert and some hippy bint in a flowing skirt with flowers in her hair and wellies, complaining that I was invading her personal space and elbowing me with every chance she got.
    Don't go up the front of a gig if you expect personal space you muppet.

The girls with skirts so far up their arse that you get a flash or their nether regions whenever they bend over.....or the girls in the see through leggings. Or the boys with the builders arse at the bar.......keep it PG folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭OntheStrings

Anyone who gets out a 'trendy' guitar...ie ukelele....hipsters basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pctosh

Rubberneckers. Having a good look at mangled wrecks on the roadside. Glaring out the bus window at people on the street with disabilities. Saw a guy in Swan Centre Rathmines following a dwarf family filming them on his phone.

Fu*king Neanderthals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I go to a mental health support group. Nice bunch of people we all know each other well but recently there's been this 50 something guy whose been showing up to the meetings and is really pissing people off. We have facilitators that guide the meeting. They speak a bit and offer feedback and advice to people and make sure that everybody gets to speak and have a chance to express themselves. This new guy doesn't follow the rules. He keeps interrupting people and actually talks more than the facilitators. He interrupts people that really need to talk mid-flow and ends up talking about himself for 20 minutes. There's nothing actually wrong with him but he seems to arrogantly think that we could all benefit from his experience in the past. His advice is usually inappropriate rubbish and he just won't shut the **** up. He's really pissing me off and I feel like taking him aside and telling him that he needs to pipe down and have some consideration for other people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

368100 wrote: »
    Girl at work, no matter what you say you did, she has a friend who did bigger and better. I end up leaving the lunch table when she sits down as I couldn't be ars*d listening to her

we'd a guy like that in my job - we called him "topper" cos no matter what story you had he had a better one or his mate did...

etc...

more than tiresome after a while

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

we'd a guy like that in my job - we called him "topper" cos no matter what story you had he had a better one or his mate did...

etc...

more than tiresome after a while
    A Four Ball Paul because if a story was about a man with 3 nuts, he'd have or know someone with 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

a priest answered a phone call on the altar during mass at a funeral i was at , he made a joke that it might be the man above , everyone laughed and he just took the call

juniord wrote: »
    a priest answered a phone call on the altar during mass at a funeral i was at , he made a joke that it might be the man above , everyone laughed and he just took the call

I think that's the height of ignorance and unprofessionalism (sounds wrong) from that priest, and if it was a funeral of one of my family members, I'd be fuming.

Little jokes don't make it okay to do that on the worst day of some families life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

Wattle wrote: »
    I go to a mental health support group. Nice bunch of people we all know each other well but recently there's been this 50 something guy whose been showing up to the meetings and is really pissing people off. We have facilitators that guide the meeting. They speak a bit and offer feedback and advice to people and make sure that everybody gets to speak and have a chance to express themselves. This new guy doesn't follow the rules. He keeps interrupting people and actually talks more than the facilitators. He interrupts people that really need to talk mid-flow and ends up talking about himself for 20 minutes. There's nothing actually wrong with him but he seems to arrogantly think that we could all benefit from his experience in the past. His advice is usually inappropriate rubbish and he just won't shut the **** up. He's really pissing me off and I feel like taking him aside and telling him that he needs to pipe down and have some consideration for other people.

Are you sure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

In a cafe earlier, now admittedly it wasn't very busy, and a group of women were there with babies and they just allowed their babies to crawl around the floor of the cafe, pulling out of chairs and getting in the way of the staff as they tried to do their job, the mothers just sat drinking their coffee while their babies could've had hot drinks spilt over them if a staff member tripped over them. If you bring kids somewhere like that you should look after them not let them roam around and hope for the best while strangers feel obliged to actually keep them safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I was at a Heineken cup match (hard enough to get tickets) and next thing these three girls arrive in behind me and for the entire match chatted non stop, non stop!!! This irritating whine was in my ear for the whole match and anytime I looked back they were taking photos of themselves for Facebook and reading out peoples comments. Can't work out why they were there, unless they wanted to tell some lads later they were at the match to impress them......I never knew some women could talk so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Tasden wrote: »
    In a cafe earlier, now admittedly it wasn't very busy, and a group of women were there with babies and they just allowed their babies to crawl around the floor of the cafe, pulling out of chairs and getting in the way of the staff as they tried to do their job, the mothers just sat drinking their coffee while their babies could've had hot drinks spilt over them if a staff member tripped over them. If you bring kids somewhere like that you should look after them not let them roam around and hope for the best while strangers feel obliged to actually keep them safe.

I hate when parents let their kids run riot in a public place. It's so rude and it doesn't do the kids any good either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

A priest at my grannys funeral got her name wrong repeatedly during the mass. Only slightly (Anna instead of Ann) but still, you're burying someone, how hard can it be to get their name right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I just give up with booking seats on trains. Always someone with their crap spread out over the two seats and when I politely ask to sit in they give me a look like I asked them to crawl off the train. Then I either get the reluctant shifting of their stuff or worse, 'are there no other seats on the train?'. Every goddamn time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

ash23 wrote: »
    A priest at my grannys funeral got her name wrong repeatedly during the mass. Only slightly (Anna instead of Ann) but still, you're burying someone, how hard can it be to get their name right.

My granny wanted a humble funeral mass. Just prayers and communion, so the priest said, "Granny was a very holy and pious woman, she wanted the mass to be about Christ with no sermons or sanctifying." At which point he launched into a ten minute sermon.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    My granny wanted a humble funeral mass. Just prayers and communion, so the priest said, "Granny was a very holy and pious woman, she wanted the mass to be about Christ with no sermons or sanctifying." At which point he launched into a ten minute sermon.

I'm starting to think clergy need to do some customer service training.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Rule No. 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I just give up with booking seats on trains. Always someone with their crap spread out over the two seats and when I politely ask to sit in they give me a look like I asked them to crawl off the train. Then I either get the reluctant shifting of their stuff or worse, 'are there no other seats on the train?'. Every goddamn time now.

Oh, I relish those moments. My name is on the seat, get the fu(k up. If they won't move, ill get a staff member to move them. Fu(k em.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Oh, I relish those moments. My name is on the seat, get the fu(k up. If they won't move, ill get a staff member to move them. Fu(k em.

I will add to that one with people who think that they/ their child can have your seat on a plane that you have paid for (as in paid extra to choose your seat). I don't care how much you/ little Johnny wants a window seat, I booked one so that I could be avoid being troubled by you and yours getting up to talk to family members, go to the toilet, have drinks passed over me, etc. Somehow I end up being the cnut in these situations, not the person who thinks that assigned seats are for fools.:mad:

• Advertisement

Are you sure?

He's not actually depressed which is why people are there. He's just an arrogant windbag. My theory is his wife can't stand him and sends him to these meetings so she doesn't have to listen to his bullsh1t.

Cydoniac wrote: »

That drives me nuts as well. You've booked the seat. Your name is on it and every single time there's some lemon sitting in it. Then they act all pissed off when you ask them to move. It's my seat get the fuck out of it

He's not actually depressed which is why people are there. He's just an arrogant windbag. My theory is his wife can't stand him and sends him to these meetings so she doesn't have to listen to his bullsh1t.

How do you know he isn't depressed? Perhaps he is bipolar and currently "up"?

How do you know he isn't depressed? Perhaps he is bipolar and currently "up"?

Because he says he isn't. He was once depressed a few years ago but came through it. Other than being in love with sound of his own voice I don't really know why he's there and like I said he's dominating the meeting at the expense of others.

Because he says he isn't. He was once depressed a few years ago but came through it. Other than being in love with sound of his own voice I don't really know why he's there and like I said he's dominating the meeting at the expense of others.

That's the facilitators fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

At a house party, this hipster gay guy with a stupid beard and fedora hat wouldn't stop asking me did I want a line of speed, asking me repeatedly "Do ya want a line?, Do you want a line?" I was after arriving at this house party against my will after a night out as a favour to a mate so I had to hang around for a while.

It was a long night!

That's the facilitators fault.

Correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

gg2 wrote: »
    Also dopey young ones that get on the train/bus down the country to head back to college in Dublin and start yapping in their Hills accent... Gets right on my tits

Yeah whats that about ?

Seems unique with Irish girls, Girls from wexford, cork, Mayo, Donegal, Portmarnock, Longford etc .... will all speak with the exact same accent ... meanwhile their respective brothers will speak in ... well wexford, cork, Mayo, Donegal, Portmarnock, Longford etc accents ... :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Potatoeman wrote: »
    People that mess with the music at a party. They play one song and clear the playlist so the music stops. If you cant use an mp3 player leave it alone.

People at a party who choses a new song that they want in the middle of a song someone else wants and people who hog the music in general are the worse people in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

People at a party who choses a new song that they want in the middle of a song someone else wants and people who hog the music in general are the worse people in the world.
    No, the prick with the acoustic guitar who turns off the music so he can sing oasis and jack johnson.

Almost got in a fight over that once...
    <hipster guitarist> Any requests?
    <Diemos> Children by Robert Miles
    <hipster guitarist> *thinks about it* But there are no words
    <Diemos> That's the general idea :D

Teenage girls at the cinema can be very annoying but one time it worked out for the best; Jarhead in Cineworld, there is a scene where he has an argument with his girlfriend on the phone then in the next scene interferes with himself in a cubicle while holding her photo up.
    <annoying howaya 1>Ah he's cryin
    <remainder of annoying howayas> Aw
    30 seconds later - - 30 second after everyone else got what was going on.
    <annoying howaya 2>No he's not! He's wankin!
    <annoying howaya 3>He's not, is he?
    <annoying howaya 4>Jaysus he is!
    <remainder of annoying howayas> burst out in laughter

Normally, I find them annoying but that was funny.

Advertisement