Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I cannot understand people who pay up to €25 into a gig in a small venue like Whelans, only to spend most of the night talking loudly near the bar. Particularly annoying if it's an acoustic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭thomil

zerks wrote: »
    An eejit in the airport...

Speaking of airports, nothing gets my blood boiling more than the guys who go to the security checkpoint with everything under the kitchen sink in their carry-on luggage, chat the entire time in the queue for the check itself, blissfully ignoring the signs, videos, etc indicating how to prepare for the metal detectors, x-ray machine, etc. Then, when its their turn to be checked, they not only hold up the entire process, but also start complaining to the staff how demeaning the whole process is.
    I know it may be the first time you've flown in several decades, but the changes in aviation, especially over the last 10-15 years have been well publicised, plus the entire security checkpoint is full of signs showing you how to best prepare. How about some situational awareness for a change?

I wonder who will be the first to complain about the guy writing in run-on sentences that seem to never end? :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

People who sing out loud on public transport or in shops serving you. Gets my goat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

thomil wrote: »
    Speaking of airports ...

Or what about those people who meet their loved ones in the middle of the arrivals gate, stopping to hug, kiss, and catch up, blocking everybody else arriving home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

MJ23 wrote: »
    I always get annoyed in Lidl and Aldi. When at the check out and you have your stuff on the conveyor belt, and the idiot behind you leans in over your shoulder to grab the 'next customer please' thing. Can you not just wait you prick, I'm not going to run out the door with your punnet of cherry tomatoes.

Perhaps if you had the good manners to put the 'next customer please' sign down after you've loaded all your groceries on to the conveyor belt, people wouldn't have to be leaning over you to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

When at the checkout in Lidl or Aldi and the fool in front gets annoyed simply because you lean over their precious groceries to get the 'next customer please' thing, simply to keep things moving so everyone gets through as fast as possible! :)

I was in the supermarket formerly known as Superquinn when this happened:

I get all my groceries onto the conveyor belt and I grab the thing and plonk it down. But the sign on the back said "check-out closed" and the absolute geebag behind me reaches to grab it and put it the right way around so the "next customer please" text is facing out! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Queueing at tills in shops where the till server engages a full blown conversation with the customer, bloody annoying, couldnt they not have this conversation later on facebook with each other while watching Fair City.

When people (mainly women I've noticed) get to the till haven't got their money/purse ready.

"What? You want me to pay?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

FunLover18 wrote: »
    When people (mainly women I've noticed) get to the till haven't got their money/purse ready.

And then they start talking about mary winnning €15 euro in bingo sunday night and she was only doing 2 books and catherina her sister in law was doing 19 books and won nothing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

Can you imagine how absolutely sick to the back teeth you would get of people asking for your autograph? Especially as 99% of the people who get one, just throw it away as they don't even want it, they just think asking for an autograph is what you do when you meet someone famous.

erm who is Brent Pope :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Girl at work, no matter what you say you did, she has a friend who did bigger and better. I end up leaving the lunch table when she sits down as I couldn't be ars*d listening to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Perhaps if you had the good manners to put the 'next customer please' sign down after you've loaded all your groceries on to the conveyor belt, people wouldn't have to be leaning over you to get it.

I do that when I'm close to it. So I don't lean over the person in front of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I'd have to go with Brent Pope. I know he is well-liked here in Ireland but he was at a thing and I was also at the same thing and he actually spoke to me first. So we're yappin' away and I asked for an autograph (in a really nice way) and say 'I wouldn't have thought I'd be getting Brent Pope's autograph when I came out tonight hah' and he jokes 'I am not Brent Pope'. Had me in stitches and after a while I'm like 'ah cmon seriously can I get an autograph'.

He kept saying it even when it stopped being funny so I don't know why he continued with it and it got really annoying. over and over again... left me thinking 'that Brent Pope is actually a the most annoying person I've ever met'.

:pac:

I has that experience with Bono once, in Fenit in Kerry. He was disguised as a 6ft 4 ginger bearded kerryman ( did a great accent) and refused to admit who he was.

Prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

rock chic wrote: »
    erm who is Brent Pope :confused:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brent+pope

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Inconsiderate dopes who hold up the line at bars by ordering one drink at a time.

Barman -"Pint.That'll be €____"

Dope -"Oh wait,can I also get a _______ with that?"

Queue - "FFS!"

Yis know who you are.Order a round or get someone else to order the drinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

I hate when you're in a public toilet washing and someone comes in. They think it's ok to call security, I'm just washing my balls you idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

People in the queue in McDonalds (generally with about 4 kids in tow) who wait till they get to the top of the line before inquiring from the hyperactive kids what it is they want to eat, with the 6 people behind them sighing impatiently...

I know family outings aren't easy, but for jaysus sake could you not have just figured this information out before or during the queue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Can't stand this ****e either!

I let a roar at some idiots who started taking "selfies" while seeing Carrie.
    They were very quick to settle down then. It helps when you have a booming, deep, scary shout.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Went to a country funeral one evening, the priest decided that the occasion called for about 40 decades of the Rosary, or it felt that way.

Wish I could have snuck out the back of the Church, and called out in a deep echoey sort of voice " IIIII Hearrddd youuuu the fffiirrrrst tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimeeeeeeee.

There's respect, and there's respect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When the person in front of you in lidl or aldi doesn't put a next customer thingy at the end of their groceries :p
    anarchists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

It's funny the amount of people in this thread that say they get annoyed at gigs. I'd always have a couple of pints beforehand, or maybe a couple of shorts so I'd be relaxed and in good form during the warm-up bands and all. It'd take a lot to annoy me.

You all probably see me as one of the scourges, don't ya :(

+1, i have to agree, its a feckin rock n roll gig! nothing wrong with a bit of moving around.what happened to crowd surfing, getting locked and rocking out!

cinema is a different story, silence please!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Was at a wedding last year up the north and there was a couple sitting beside us. The guy was grand, sound chap but his girlfriend was a horrible cow. Everytime I opened my mouth or said anything she would hurl insults like "Well you're from Dublin so I'm surprised you're not here in a track suit" or "What do you expect living in that kip " blah blah. Everytime she opened her mouth she kinda barked the first word. The most irritating annoying horrible cow I've ever met. Worse still I found out later she lived and worked in Dublin. C**T!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

FunLover18 wrote: »

This is annoying and yes it is mostly women who act like this. Especially the women whose handbags seems to have about 30 different zips to manipulate before they find their purse and then the purse also has multiple zips. It's like one of those fecking Russian dolls Ffs.

I normally do a rough mental count of how much the things I'm buying will cost and either have the cash ready or my card out and ready to swipe. I fail to see why others as you say seem almost in a state of surprise when asked to pay for the goods they have taken to the till. It's bizarre and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Was at a wedding last year up the north and there was a couple sitting beside us. The guy was grand, sound chap but his girlfriend was a horrible cow. Everytime I opened my mouth or said anything she would hurl insults like "Well you're from Dublin so I'm surprised you're not here in a track suit" or "What do you expect living in that kip " blah blah. Everytime she opened her mouth she kinda barked the first word. The most irritating annoying horrible cow I've ever met. Worse still I found out later she lived and worked in Dublin. C**T!!!!!!!!!

There's a bit of Karma there though, you can go around happy in the knowledge that she lives all week in a place she utterly detests. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In the queue at the door to a nightclub, most people will wait their turn but there is always some fookhead who is all elbows and thinks it's ok to push the people in front of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

368100 wrote: »
    Girl at work, no matter what you say you did, she has a friend who did bigger and better. I end up leaving the lunch table when she sits down as I couldn't be ars*d listening to her

Dirty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

the fooks in supermarkets that empty their wallet / purse full of change onto the till so the checkout person has to count it cent by cent...

this strangely only occurs when there is a really long queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭galwaytown

A lot of attention seekers out there as regards social settings.Poor souls are clearly trying to compensate for something else.Dxxxhxxxs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

people on planes who take forever to get off. It's like they forget to get ready when they notice the plane land.

People in airports who don't get ready when in line for security. I'm not talking about removing your shoes while in line, but at least throw away liquids or take off your belt!

People in the gym(especially in January) who have no gym etiquette. Getting in your way, trying to take equipment you're using without asking and not unloading the bars!!!

I've also come across people twice in tesco/dunnes self service who like to skip the queue. I called them out on it(not in an angry way) and each time they said how they didn't see the line of 8 people. Yeah right!

• Advertisement

EyeSight wrote: »
    people on planes who take forever to get off. It's like they forget to get ready when they notice the plane land.

I'll usually sit and wait for the mad rush to get off dies down. What's everyone's hurry.

It also reminds me of the impatient pricks who cant step back to let people get off the luas/train/elevator etc before they hop on themselves. worst culprits are at stephen's green luas stop. you're going to be waiting on the luas for 5 minutes before it leaves anyway, do you really need to sit down that badly

Advertisement