Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

the guy with a guitar at a house party.

People that mess with the music at a party. They play one song and clear the playlist so the music stops. If you cant use an mp3 player leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'll usually sit and wait for the mad rush to get off dies down. What's everyone's hurry.

It also reminds me of the impatient pricks who cant step back to let people get off the luas/train/elevator etc before they hop on themselves. worst culprits are at stephen's green luas stop. you're going to be waiting on the luas for 5 minutes before it leaves anyway, do you really need to sit down that badly

being on a plane for 7 hours or having to get a connecting flight. I'm ok with people sitting and waiting, i'm more just complaining about those that stand in the aisle while putting away their magazines and having a stretch.

I agree about your Luas gripe! especially at the SG stop

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

I hate when I'm sitting on the ouside seat on a train and the eejit next to me wants to get off about 5 minutes from their stop - which is usually the stop I'm getting off at...so I have to get up, move all my stuff, let this fool out, sit back down and get up when the train actually pulls into the station...what the fook is the rush...you will get off the train in time...no need to prepare yourself a full 5 mins beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I hate when I'm sitting on the ouside seat on a train and the eejit next to me wants to get off about 5 minutes from their stop - which is usually the stop I'm getting off at...so I have to get up, move all my stuff, let this fool out, sit back down and get up when the train actually pulls into the station...what the fook is the rush...you will get off the train in time...no need to prepare yourself a full 5 mins beforehand!

I love watching people stand ten minutes early on the approach to Heuston (which takes an age). Idiots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

In TK Maxx (sp?) the other day and this couple were having an unnecessarily (and soley for the benefit of other customers) loud conversation about prices. Him: "well, you knoooooooooooooooooow, sixy euro to me is stiiiiiiiiiiil extoooooooooooooortion". Her: "Oh nooooooooooo dear, you're paying for the quality, these are no Dunnes trousers you knoo-ooow" - the fuuck are they doing in TK Maxx with their airs and graces? Feck off to BT if you want to be like that. Plonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Double dippers

They result in the salsa/hummus/whatever becoming a steaming petri dish of disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

You haven't lived until you are affronted by someone's rudeness and go ".....why...I....the IMPUDENCE!!!!!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Mousewar wrote: »
    Double dippers

They result in the salsa/hummus/whatever becoming a steaming petri dish of disease.

Is it ok to double dip using opposite ends while keeping finger placement in the middle so nothing is contaminated?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Mousewar wrote: »
    Double dippers

Myth busted!

http://mythbustersresults.com/banana-slip-double-dip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

I was 2 people from the barrier at Bjork at EP last year, and some pillheads decided to stand directly behind us.

They were off their face, and kept smashing into us as they danced and whooped and 'felt the music'. I know it's to be expected, at a music festival, at the front, at Bjork, and I knew that when I picked my spot- but it was the ridiculous exuberance with which they kept falling into me and nearly knocking me over, and the waving hands directly above my head that kept hitting me that I couldn't take. Their cheery drug-induced attitude didn't help either- every time I told them to stop bashing into me, they just smiled and hugged me. I told the one sober friend that if he didn't move them the F**K away from me (they kept following us as we moved away) I was going to start punching, which thankfully worked.

no one is listening to Bjork anymore, you would want to be mad to listen to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

the fooks in supermarkets that empty their wallet / purse full of change onto the till so the checkout person has to count it cent by cent...

this strangely only occurs when there is a really long queue.

I thought it was just me that was driven mad by this! Utterly ignorant carry on. Even if its just a couple fo coins, I think the very act of putting the coins on the counter instead of into someones's hand is rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Also dopey young ones that get on the train/bus down the country to head back to college in Dublin and start yapping in their Hills accent... Gets right on my tits[/QUOTE]

I was at the cinema with connor friday and like he wanted to see gangster squad but I was like we are not going to that so I was like we can see it some other time and he was like but I want to see it now, and so we went to see it and like it was literally the worst film like, he thought it was amazing though.

i know all about it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The loud drunken idiot in the pub talking crap and raucously laughing thinking: "I'm the most funnist person in Ireland so I have de right to telling me mates about me funny jokes" while other people have to sit there to endure this nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

People with loud laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Spanish students on the bus in gangs of about 50.

The guy on the bus the whole flipping way from Galway to Dublin who wouldn't shut the fcuk up. Had to listen to him the whole way, shouting his opinions to everyone.
    This post has been deleted.

I was at that and some idiot, about 40 by the look of him, who was genuinely about 6'6 and built like a brick **** house decided to start moshing and shoving people. Fair enough if you were right up the front, whatever, but this was near the back, he was surrounded by lots of people much smaller than him who were all quite chilled just wanting to enjoy the concert and atmosphere. He was actually quite aggressive in what he was doing. like, grow the hell up, only teenagers carry on like that and theyre still small enough that they wont actually kill the person beside them. There was also an extremely drunk girl next to me who kept falling into everyone. The pair of them were really pissing me off and ruining the concert for the start of it. Thankfully they both fecked off somewhere else and left the rest of us to enjoy what was a really excellent concert.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    It also reminds me of the impatient pricks who cant step back to let people get off the luas/train/elevator etc before they hop on themselves. worst culprits are at stephen's green luas stop. you're going to be waiting on the luas for 5 minutes before it leaves anyway, do you really need to sit down that badly

Drives me daft. I was carrying a tonne of stuff trying to get off the dart in Howth a couple of months ago. It had only just gotten in and wasn't due to leave for another 15 minutes or something like that. But no, the crowd had to get on right the first second the doors opened. They caught me on a cranky day and I just blocked the doorway and told them that if they want to get on then they'll just have to move BACK and let everyone OFF, otherwise nobody can MOVE. The look of astonishment they gave me (about 15 of them) made it seem like they really thought it was appropriate to try knocking people over in their rush to be seated at the first possible second. It's like getting off the bus in O'Connell street and there's a wall of people trying to get on and there is literally nowhere to step down to and then the bus driver has to roar at them to move back and let people off. Is it such a difficult concept that in order to get on, you need to let the alighting passengers off? Is it really that far beyond the grasp of people?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People taking selfies at a funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

no one is listening to Bjork anymore, you would want to be mad to listen to her.

Grand so, guilty as charged!

Aidric wrote: »
    People taking selfies at a funeral.

Or Auschtwitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Or Auschtwitz

No. Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Or Auschtwitz

Or inconsiderate weight loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It's funny the amount of people in this thread that say they get annoyed at gigs. I'd always have a couple of pints beforehand, or maybe a couple of shorts so I'd be relaxed and in good form during the warm-up bands and all. It'd take a lot to annoy me.

You all probably see me as one of the scourges, don't ya :(

I'm well able to handle myself in any crowd at a gig, having been to Wacken a couple of times and other metal gigs around- but the Bjork pillheads at EP were many many levels of irritation above what I expected. They were almost leaning on me- one of them rested his arms on my shoulders, another began playing with my hair, and clapping his hands about a centimeter above my head where it was catching the whisps and pulling them...

Also certain Bjork songs are quite low and gentle, no need to be screaming and whooping at the top of your lungs (especially when you're the only one in a 100 person radius doing so).

Reading it as I'm typing it doesn't sound like much, but unless you're in a mosh pit there should be SOME respect for personal space; I assumed it was proper gig etiquette!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 A. Rasher

It's oh so quiet, shh shh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I'm well able to handle myself in any crowd at a gig, having been to Wacken a couple of times and other metal gigs around- but the Bjork pillheads at EP were many many levels of irritation above what I expected. They were almost leaning on me- one of them rested his arms on my shoulders, another began playing with my hair, and clapping his hands about a centimeter above my head where it was catching the whisps and pulling them...

Also certain Bjork songs are quite low and gentle, no need to be screaming and whooping at the top of your lungs (especially when you're the only one in a 100 person radius doing so).

Reading it as I'm typing it doesn't sound like much, but unless you're in a mosh pit there should be SOME respect for personal space; I assumed it was proper gig etiquette!

I was at a gig a few years ago where four idiots with their pints walked into the middle of the dancefloor and got really mad when people around them dancing bumped into them.
    There was plenty of space off the floor to stand around and the dancefloor was clearly going to be a moshpit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

One time myself and the lads went to a gig. Got some pints and looked to find a decent spot to watch the show. All of a sudden we hit the jackpot - A big space near the front of the stage, lots of room for drinking and standing. Then, out of nowhere, fellow gig-goers (I use the term loosely, they were animals!) started bumping into us. They knocked over Oisín's pint and I spilled some on my trousers. I was so angry. How was I supposed to get my groove on from behind the other people or off to the side. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

2 years ago some staff were leaving the university where I work. Among them an Australian woman who was one of the most unfriendly and condescending people I have ever met.

As the farewell party was coming to a welcome close, I decided to the decent thing and thank her for all the help she'd given me (none really). So I went over to her table and started saying that she'd helped me settle in to the department, and had given me some advice on something or other.

In the middle of this, she simply turned away and started talking to somebody else about how great she was at delegating responsibility. I was just left standing there, so after a few seconds I just returned to my own table.

Then about 5 minutes later, she came over and said, "So, you were in the middle of thanking me...?"

What a cow. Thank Christ she left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Loud people, who shout so people will listen to them for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People who talk in cinema during film drives me mad. They also tend to be loud with sweet bags as well.

Sorry but women always tend to get to the front of any queue before looking for money, ticket, passport or whatever is required.

People with headphones on public transport that you can still hear music.

People on public transport who take the outside seat and force you to climb over to get the inside seat.

90% of East European people in shops, bars etc, just don't do small talk or pleasantries.

People in work who react negatively to every email/request they receive. Just bloody do what you were asked will be quicker and less stressful than all the arguing.

Managers of popular restaurants who look at you bemusedly when you walk in. I need a table, what else?

I could go on and on and...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

thecatspjs wrote: »
    One time myself and the lads went to a gig. Got some pints and looked to find a decent spot to watch the show. All of a sudden we hit the jackpot - A big space near the front of the stage, lots of room for drinking and standing. Then, out of nowhere, fellow gig-goers (I use the term loosely, they were animals!) started bumping into us. They knocked over Oisín's pint and I spilled some on my trousers. I was so angry. How was I supposed to get my groove on from behind the other people or off to the side. :D

You should expect that at the front of a gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Maybe it's just me who finds this annoying, funerals, at removal, or graveside, or back of church, why do people think that because they are far enough back from what's happening they can have full blown conversations? I think it's so rude and disrespectful. I mean why be there? Should have stopped in café in town had a cuppa and a chat if that were the case. Also heard on a number of occasions people saying "I got a great spot could see everything". I mean WTF did they think they were at, a concert or show?

Sorry rant over.

Advertisement