Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I thought I had seen my share of knob jockies but yesterday beats the bloody band.

Went to see The Wolf of Wall Street in Screen 1 in the Savoy last night. Arrived early so we could get some decent seats that we wouldn't need to have to clamber over people should we need to use the facilities (the bog) during the film and just as the curtain was opening, this couple staggers in to the auditorium (the room with the big screen), clearly three sheets to the wind, shouting to themselves ('Ah heoire, ya know em, he was in Can Ya Catch Me an Titanic' and.. where ya goin? Sit heoire..sush now' ~ Yeah, yeah, I know him, yeah, focking good actor too so he is... I thank God as they decide to sit what appears to me far enough from us that should they chatter, we won't be bothered by them.. oh how wrong I was.

From the moment it starts this guy starts loudly narrating the film. Laughing at ever joke and then needlessly telling his girlfriend why it was funny. So loudly that everyone on the left side of the cinema was glancing over at him. He keeps doing this, and also talking away in full voice during the quiet parts, for around an hour, and then the fun really started.. he fell asleep and we were all treated to what without doubt must be Ireland's loudest snorer! The whole of Savoy 1 was loudly laughing at this guy.

It was like he planned it as the loudest snores were during quiet and intense scenes where the snoring just seemed to even more intensified as a result. His girlfriend tried to wake him dozens of times, and managed to quieten him for chunks of ten minutes here and there but in the end she just sunk in her chair with mortification and he was fast asleep still when the film finished and also as everyone was leaving.

What really surprised me is that not one person near this guy told him to shush the fcuk up. I would have went out and told the manager but tbh, the film was so good I really didn't want to miss anymore than I was already missing.

So, that would me my choice for 'most inconsiderate person' at a social event, what's yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Skobes at any social event.

/thread.

or \thread.

whichever one it is ye nerds.

and you didnt tell him to ' shut the **** up....' why?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

That would have driven me mad, don't know how you managed to enjoy the movie. If there's a movie I really want to see I always go in the morning. Its never full and never seems to have any inconsiderate Fn Cts. Hate these people.

LOVED TWOWS by the way, superb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

14/15 year old girls talking and laughing among each other in the cinema when everyone else is trying to watch the movie. Please keep it down a little bit (translation: omgz plz kp it dwn a lil bit).
    Mint Aero wrote: »
    /thread.

or \thread.

</thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the guy with a guitar at a house party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

that not one person near this guy told him to shush the fcuk up.

These windy fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Out for dinner last night with herself and ended up next to a table which had an absolute cnut of a woman who was intent on complaining about EVERTHING to the staff. Even making comments across our table to the staff member serving us, with one of them stupid celtic tiger borne accents. Gimme strength! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

the guy with a guitar at a house party.
    Even worse, the guy with a guitar at a house party who knows nothing but Oasis songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Second choice..

Girl at swinger's party who said she didn't like facials.

Oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Jake1 wrote: »
    and you didnt tell him to ' shut the **** up....' why?? :P

Because someone else should have done of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Was at riverdance yesterday, these 2 knobs stroll in 20 minutes after it started, start arguing loudly right beside us that someone is in their seats (in fairness a couple, whose original seats had them sitting apart, took their seats) make the couple move then sit and chat the whole way through the rest of the show... Sh1t like "I'm dreading trying to get out of here, it's packed" and "Its very warm in here isn't it" completely pointless drivel. This was at the top of their voices, as if they were trying to speak above the music. I wanted to say something but the OH told me there was no point, they could be the type to carry on it just to annoy me and to be fair that was exactly my fear, they clearly had no consideration for anyone else anyway.

Also dopey young ones that get on the train/bus down the country to head back to college in Dublin and start yapping in their Hills accent... Gets right on my tits

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Skobes at any social event.

/thread.

or \thread.

\0/ Thread

wazky wrote: »
    Because someone else should have done of course.

:
    Daqster wrote: »
    I would have went out and told the manager but tbh, the film was so good I really didn't want to miss anymore than I was already missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The inconsiderate, annoying fcuk with a camera phone -

"I'm uploading these to Facebook..."

Fcuk away from me and let me enjoy my night without it being recorded all over that shìt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

The pished aul ones at every wedding I've ever been to who tries to get all the men to get up and dance with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭MW2FAN

all teenage girls thinking they can see on facebook

To add balance, I was once the most annoying person at a social event.

Was in the Olympia seeing a play and as there was not going to be an interval and I was attending it only because the person I was with wanted to see it, I bought a large JD with lots of ice (may have been a triple) just so I can tolerate the the next two hours. Seats were in the Circle, four or five rows up and people back when this place was built must have all been midgets as the seats are primary school size.

Anyway, I was fidgeting about trying to get comfortable, tucking my elbows in a little so my legs could stretch somewhat and as there are no drink holders, was also holding the drink in my right hand, gently resting it on my knee, but then my foot got caught in the gap between the seat in front of me and the step running along the back of it. I tried twisting it out but it wouldn't budge and so I shifted my hip and pulled and it worked. My foot shot loose (just as the opening lines of the play were being spoken) but my knee also jerked forward at the same time, resulting it the JD and ice tipping forward and down the back of this lovely lady's dress it did go :o

Glass, ice, drink, the whole thing and she shirked, so loudly the actors looked upwards momentarily, mid lines. I apologized profussily and it was graciously accepted by her much to her credit. Not a chance I would have done the same if it happened to me. Not that I wear a dress to the theater but for the rest of the play I just face palmed myself with sheer mortification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

The drunk crier, always one girl who ends up sobbing in the bathroom and you have to look after them for the night because you made the mistake of trying to cheer her up rather than leave her alone like everyone else has learned to do after the 1000th time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

that not one person near this guy told him to shush the fcuk up.

These windy fcukers.

Cowards..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Was at a gig in the Olympia a while back. Was sitting in the upper circle so had a fairly decent view of what seemed like every second person with their phones out recording the whole gig. Not even watching it, just recording it as if to say "oh I'll just watch it later". What's the point!?! A group of girls a few rows in front of me took selfies during every song. Dunno if it qualifies as inconsiderate but was definitely fkn irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I asked a load mouth lady if she could please keep it down a bit at a comedy gig a few weeks back. Holy moly did she not keep it down, IS HE FOR F*CKING SERIOUS etc. I would have moved but it was in Vicar Street and full so not an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

rawn wrote: »
    Was at a gig in the Olympia a while back. Was sitting in the upper circle so had a fairly decent view of what seemed like every second person with their phones out recording the whole gig. Not even watching it, just recording it as if to say "oh I'll just watch it later". What's the point!?! A group of girls a few rows in front of me took selfies during every song. Dunno if it qualifies as inconsiderate but was definitely fkn irritating.

The last concert I was at a couple spent the whole thing kissing while one of them held the phone up recording it, baffling

rawn wrote: »
    A group of girls a few rows in front of me took selfies during every song. Dunno if it qualifies as inconsiderate but was definitely fkn irritating.

Oh you better believe it counts. Those clowns need slapping, they ruin concerts. Was at Billy Joel and during Piano Man three people standing in front of us, took a phone call, turned around and starting jumping up and down, screaming and waving to people in the balcony 'Can you see us?!? Can you! Yeah, yeah, it's amazing, he'a amazing'. They must have been told to stfu by twenty people but they just ignored everyone and then when they hung up.. they rolled their eyes at us! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A work xmas party a few years ago and this asshole beside me was giving the waiting staff grief the whole time, they were super polite to him no matter what he said and complained about.

Better people than me, this is one reason I could never do that kinda work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I always get annoyed in Lidl and Aldi. When at the check out and you have your stuff on the conveyor belt, and the idiot behind you leans in over your shoulder to grab the 'next customer please' thing. Can you not just wait you prick, I'm not going to run out the door with your punnet of cherry tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Some group of fellas decided to add in their own loud freestyle singing (if you can even call it that) during Piggy at Nine Inch Nails in Belfast. Completely ruined the atmosphere of the song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

MJ23 wrote: »
    I always get annoyed in Lidl and Aldi. When at the check out and you have your stuff on the conveyor belt, and the idiot behind you leans in over your shoulder to grab the 'next customer please' thing. Can you not just wait you prick, I'm not going to run out the door with your punnet of cherry tomatoes.

When at the checkout in Lidl or Aldi and the fool in front gets annoyed simply because you lean over their precious groceries to get the 'next customer please' thing, simply to keep things moving so everyone gets through as fast as possible! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I'm not sure if it's a social "event" but the little scrotes that blast their sh*te music from their phones while on public transport. BUY A PAIR OF EARPHONES - the rest of us don't have our train journey made any less long by the addition of Tiesto to proceedings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

When at the checkout in Lidl or Aldi and the fool in front gets annoyed simply because you lean over their precious groceries to get the 'next customer please' thing, simply to keep things moving so everyone gets through as fast as possible! :)

how does it make it faster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I was 2 people from the barrier at Bjork at EP last year, and some pillheads decided to stand directly behind us.

They were off their face, and kept smashing into us as they danced and whooped and 'felt the music'. I know it's to be expected, at a music festival, at the front, at Bjork, and I knew that when I picked my spot- but it was the ridiculous exuberance with which they kept falling into me and nearly knocking me over, and the waving hands directly above my head that kept hitting me that I couldn't take. Their cheery drug-induced attitude didn't help either- every time I told them to stop bashing into me, they just smiled and hugged me. I told the one sober friend that if he didn't move them the F**K away from me (they kept following us as we moved away) I was going to start punching, which thankfully worked.

Advertisement