Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I will add to that one with people who think that they/ their child can have your seat on a plane that you have paid for (as in paid extra to choose your seat). I don't care how much you/ little Johnny wants a window seat, I booked one so that I could be avoid being troubled by you and yours getting up to talk to family members, go to the toilet, have drinks passed over me, etc. Somehow I end up being the cnut in these situations, not the person who thinks that assigned seats are for fools.:mad:

I had this situation before Christmas. overnight transatlantic flight that I booked last May, specifically with window seat. Arrived onto plane and my seat had already been taken over. A couple with two small kids, one on each knee, and expected me to move into a middle seat so that they could sit together as family. I'm all for being accommodating, particularly where there are toddlers involved, but this was taking the p!ss. Was very polite and friendly while taking my own seat, but sorry, not my problem.

Once the flight attendant found a seat for me that wasn't a significant downgrade (an empty row of three in the middle down the back in which I could stretch out), was only too happy to move, but I'm not going to be guilted or bullied into giving up a seat I have booked well in advance and paid good money for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    At a house party, this hipster gay guy with a stupid beard and fedora hat wouldn't stop asking me did I want a line of speed, asking me repeatedly "Do ya want a line?, Do you want a line?" I was after arriving at this house party against my will after a night out as a favour to a mate so I had to hang around for a while.

It was a long night!

Free speed? Why not!? What could go wrong sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Augmerson wrote: »
    Free speed? Why not!? What could go wrong sure?

Sounds like a nice guy to me, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

ash23 wrote: »
    A priest at my grannys funeral got her name wrong repeatedly during the mass. Only slightly (Anna instead of Ann) but still, you're burying someone, how hard can it be to get their name right.

Priest at my granddad's funeral got his name wrong. Not even mildly - the entirely incorrect name. One of those cases (seem to be fairly common in older generations) where he was given the family name as firstborn, but was then called by a different name. Nobody ever, ever called him by his given name, except for the priest. Even after the eulogy in which my uncle called him by his proper name (the one everybody knew him by), the priest still persisted with calling him by the given name. It was just so obnoxious, he had been told what my granddad's name was but refused to use it. Another bugbear is taking a child to the graveside and allowing them to run around doing whatever they want during the burial, peering down into the grave and walking in front of the close family. FFS, tell them to stand still away from the grave. If they won't - move with them to somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

May have posted about this a year or two ago but was at a gay bar once and was out in the smoking area with my OH. She struck up a conversation with some guy. So, rather than standing there like an unfriendly weirdo, I did the normal social thing and tried to partake in said conversation. Every time I said something, this b*stard would just look me up and down and say something like, "yes dear you just stand there and be pretty"/"you're beautiful doll aren't you. now anyway...." and turn back to my OH. It went over her head a little as English is not her first language. I've never been so fuucking livid in my life. He more or less said "yeah you're pretty so you've nothing intellectual to bring to the table" - pretentious fuucking queen. Ooooooh every time I write about this I get annoyed! :mad:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Ooooooh every time I write about this I get annoyed! :mad:

Stop writing about it then.

I'm not being even the tiniest bit smart like. I read something on another forum earlier which I liked (the farming forum and all so it was!).

"You are only letting him live rent free in your head by keeping on thinking about it"

Stop writing about it then.

I'm not being even the tiniest bit smart like. I read something on another forum earlier which I liked (the farming forum and all so it was!).

"You are only letting him live rent free in your head by keeping on thinking about it"

Well I figured in the spirit of the thread title and all... :D

Ah yeh, but don't let a gobshyte make you angry, he's not worth it like.

God this is one of those "r u ok hun" type posts isn't it :o

soz bbz

Ah yeh, but don't let a gobshyte make you angry, he's not worth it like.

God this is one of those "r u ok hun" type posts isn't it :o

soz bbz

ha :D tks hun ,ur my savyr (or some other convoluted teen text)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Birdster wrote: »
    I was at a Heineken cup match (hard enough to get tickets) and next thing these three girls arrive in behind me and for the entire match chatted non stop, non stop!!! This irritating whine was in my ear for the whole match and anytime I looked back they were taking photos of themselves for Facebook and reading out peoples comments. Can't work out why they were there, unless they wanted to tell some lads later they were at the match to impress them......I never knew some women could talk so much

Ah - these natterers are event junkies. Shame on you Birdster deluding yourself that you are surrounded by thousands and thousands of rugby fans. Or else it would be €20 to get into jam-packed AIL matches. I don't know why event junkies have such cash to chuck around but they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

I have 2.

First was at a concert. There was a couple right in front of me and they were only short of shagging, f*cking dirt birds. Nobody wants to be looking at that. There's a time and a place for it. :mad:

The second a couple of weeks ago at a comedy gig in Vicar Street. This absolute skanger was sitting near us. We were sat right down the back. For most of the show your man kept roaring stuff in an attempt to heckle the comedian only he was so far back the comedian couldn't hear him. Then all of a sudden he starts a massive row with his girlfriend and his girlfriends mother and I think he actually hit the mother. It all calmed down when security came in, had a word with him and stood right beside him for the rest of the night. Total gobsh*te.

Advertisement