Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most inconsiderate or annoying person you have come across in a social setting?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Tongue in cheek, hence the smiley!

However I'm not that easily annoyed that when a person behind me in the queue leans in to get the sign, I give a tut tut to myself.

I'd be annoyed if someone got annoyed about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

the guy with a guitar at a house party.

There's always one bastard who brings a Guitar to a party. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

When the person in front of you in lidl or aldi doesn't put a next customer thingy at the end of their groceries :p

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

People talking very loudly on their mobiles in public....wanna slap them.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Even worse, the guy with a guitar at a house party who knows nothing but Oasis songs.
    Does this actually happen still or are we still using clichés from 1998?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I went to the cinema last night, it was fairly full. The ads were on, so I was chatting away to my mate, having a good laugh, when this fattie woman turned around and told me to stop talking. I said "no, I'll stop talking once the film starts", fattie proceeded to repeatedly tell me to stop talking, like a bully school teacher, when I stopped her and stated again very clearly that I would stop talking when the film started. True to my word, I didn't say a word through the whole thing. What did she expect, everyone to maintain absolute silence for a bunch of O2 commercials? **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Daqster wrote: »
    I thought I had seen my share of knob jockies but yesterday beats the bloody band.

Went to see The Wolf of Wall Street in Screen 1 in the Savoy last night. Arrived early so we could get some decent seats that we wouldn't need to have to clamber over people should we need to use the facilities (the bog) during the film and just as the curtain was opening, this couple staggers in to the auditorium (the room with the big screen), clearly three sheets to the wind, shouting to themselves ('Ah heoire, ya know em, he was in Can Ya Catch Me an Titanic' and.. where ya goin? Sit heoire..sush now' ~ Yeah, yeah, I know him, yeah, focking good actor too so he is... I thank God as they decide to sit what appears to me far enough from us that should they chatter, we won't be bothered by them.. oh how wrong I was.

From the moment it starts this guy starts loudly narrating the film. Laughing at ever joke and then needlessly telling his girlfriend why it was funny. So loudly that everyone on the left side of the cinema was glancing over at him. He keeps doing this, and also talking away in full voice during the quiet parts, for around an hour, and then the fun really started.. he fell asleep and we were all treated to what without doubt must be Ireland's loudest snorer! The whole of Savoy 1 was loudly laughing at this guy.

It was like he planned it as the loudest snores were during quiet and intense scenes where the snoring just seemed to even more intensified as a result. His girlfriend tried to wake him dozens of times, and managed to quieten him for chunks of ten minutes here and there but in the end she just sunk in her chair with mortification and he was fast asleep still when the film finished and also as everyone was leaving.

What really surprised me is that not one person near this guy told him to shush the fcuk up. I would have went out and told the manager but tbh, the film was so good I really didn't want to miss anymore than I was already missing.

So, that would me my choice for 'most inconsiderate person' at a social event, what's yours?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure just go home and start a thread on boards about it, because that is what will solve the situation.

weemcd wrote: »

Sure just go home and start a thread on boards about it, because that is what will solve the situation.

Would you really want to draw that guy on ya, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'd have to go with Brent Pope. I know he is well-liked here in Ireland but he was at a thing and I was also at the same thing and he actually spoke to me first. So we're yappin' away and I asked for an autograph (in a really nice way) and say 'I wouldn't have thought I'd be getting Brent Pope's autograph when I came out tonight hah' and he jokes 'I am not Brent Pope'. Had me in stitches and after a while I'm like 'ah cmon seriously can I get an autograph'.

He kept saying it even when it stopped being funny so I don't know why he continued with it and it got really annoying. over and over again... left me thinking 'that Brent Pope is actually a the most annoying person I've ever met'.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

double

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

It's funny the amount of people in this thread that say they get annoyed at gigs. I'd always have a couple of pints beforehand, or maybe a couple of shorts so I'd be relaxed and in good form during the warm-up bands and all. It'd take a lot to annoy me.

You all probably see me as one of the scourges, don't ya :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yeah he's an annoying twat alrite, but so are the ones asking him to play the songs they want to hear.

Guaranteed someone will eventually ask for Dirty Old Town.

There's always one tosser looking for Dirty Old Fucking Town.

Bloody awful song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I was in First Class on the going from Belfast Central to Dublin Connolly.
    The event in question was somebody elses 40th birthday and their entourage sharing the First Class Carriage with me, so because I was occupying a table, I was the fly in the ointment, or annoying to them to be there. Snark - Snark

Lapin wrote: »
    Yeah he's an annoying twat alrite, but so are the ones asking him to play the songs they want to hear.

Guaranteed someone will eventually ask for Dirty Old Town.

There's always one tosser looking for Dirty Old Fucking Town.

Bloody awful song.

Once the songs are upbeat and it doesn't turn into an hour long set, I don't mind so much. Nothing worse than some tosser playing Wish You Were Here at a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

weemcd wrote: »

It was last night dude, I'm home ages.

I'd be careful with that eye rolling by the way. You could displace your retina.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

One time, It refused to put the lotion in the basket. Inconsiderate bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'd have to go with Brent Pope. I know he is well-liked here in Ireland but he was at a thing and I was also at the same thing and he actually spoke to me first. So we're yappin' away and I asked for an autograph (in a really nice way) and say 'I wouldn't have thought I'd be getting Brent Pope's autograph when I came out tonight hah' and he jokes 'I am not Brent Pope'. Had me in stitches and after a while I'm like 'ah cmon seriously can I get an autograph'.

He kept saying it even when it stopped being funny so I don't know why he continued with it and it got really annoying. over and over again... left me thinking 'that Brent Pope is actually a the most annoying person I've ever met'.

Can you imagine how absolutely sick to the back teeth you would get of people asking for your autograph? Especially as 99% of the people who get one, just throw it away as they don't even want it, they just think asking for an autograph is what you do when you meet someone famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Archeron wrote: »
    One time, It refused to put the lotion in the basket. Inconsiderate bitch.

I bet ya hosed it good for that. Didn't ya?

Can you imagine how absolutely sick to the back teeth you would get of people asking for your autograph? Especially as 99% of the people who get one, just throw it away as they don't even want it, they just think asking for an autograph is what you do when you meet someone famous.

I agree. Photos too. Why do people want this garbage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,901 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Arseholes at gigs drive me bat**** crazy. The ones who three Quarter way through a gig decided to barge their way to the front displacing those who had already been there and standing n their toes... Was at an indie rock gig during the week when two skobes did just that... Then the drunker one started hollering looking for attention from the band during the quieter songs and doing his pikey scumbag dance as if he was at a ****ing Swedish House Mafia gig.. Wtf . Also I'm sorry ladies talking loudly at gigs is another pain in the ass.. Especially the ones who look at the band like "hey can you turn it down ,we can't hear ourselves here".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

When I just moved to switzerland I went to a party with mostly Irish people in a bid to get to know people. I ran into a fellow cork man who lack any form of social intelligence. Every single thinng he talked about was money. He was a pilot for chartered private planes and cool job to be fair but all he done was brag about the living allowance of 90 euro a day for food when staying abroad for a client,for such a cool job I thought I was a miserable misers aspect for him to focus on. He also asked me how much I was earning as a trainee and I hadn't known him for twenty minutes at that stage. he said aswell that every few months he'd pack up a car with classic Irish supplies like tayto , kerrygold breakfast stuff etc and drive it to switzerland.I basically kept drinking fast until I couldn't understand what he was saying anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Those couples who have to be in physical contact at ALL times!! I hate them. You love each other, get over it! I know one of these couples and at any social event they're at they have to sit beside each other and are constantly rubbing each others legs and lower backs. Everyone in our social group hates it and now we've taken to deliberately try to organise seating so they're apart but as soon as someone goes home they take to opportunity to cuddle up again.

On the other hand I was once a member of a very loud and boisterous bunch of students on the "quiet carriage" of the train from Dublin to Cork. Supposedly people were giving out about us but I only found out afterwards and at the time I didn't even know there were "quiet carriages".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

But in that situation you have the option of smashing his head in with the guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

What a prick? There he was having a good time, he tries to start a conversation with a complete stranger and the stranger keeps insisting for an autograph despite his obvious attempts to make it clear that he didn't want to give one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

You're just jealous because us axemen get all the hot babes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

thecatspjs wrote: »
    I bet ya hosed it good for that. Didn't ya?

Yeah, haha. Good times, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

gugleguy wrote: »
    I was in First Class on the going from Belfast Central to Dublin Connolly.
    The event in question was somebody elses 40th birthday and their entourage sharing the First Class Carriage with me, so because I was occupying a table, I was the fly in the ointment, or annoying to them to be there. Snark - Snark

How annoying. Whats wrong with standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

An eejit in the airport shouting down the phone to make sure everybody heard him that he was held up due to incompetent staff at passport control.He got to the desk and couldn't find his.

Had the same problem as the op in the cinema with a few lads who either tried a commentary on the movie or made "oh I'm too cool for this crap" remarks.I told the main culprit to shut it or he'd be unconcious for the rest of the movie......silence for the remainder of the movie.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Whats wrong with standard?
    Nothing. I paid first class tho. No other first class seat I could sit. :D
    First class passengers get preferential treatment for food & beverage. So, I suppose what's wrong with standard class is watching other customers in standard class unwrapping their own bread and 'spread,' whatever that may be and drinking that can of Dunnes Stores Cola.

Advertisement