Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Was just there and had the same. It was so delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Three new beers from Trouble then! Twitter says they are going to bottle the Whistle Blower IPA, available in a few weeks.

Bl1QqJpIcAATL0v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

7.6%?! Holy jaysus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Trouble Brewing Whistle Blower IPA in Brew Dock? Seems that's the only place it's available at the moment.

Was in Brewdock today abd this wasn't on. Maybe they have a keg in the cellar?

Sitting in Ssweetmans waiting for a friend and ordered a pint of Porter. Up to 4.70 now. Second price hike in 4 months from them, waiting for the ensuing thread full of people spouting faux outrage and cries of price gouging That's a 17.5% increase since new years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Seaneh wrote: »
    Was in Brewdock today abd this wasn't on. Maybe they have a keg in the cellar?

They must have got ahead of themselves on Twitter.

BrewDock tweeted this evening that they have the Fuzzy Logic and the Red Rye. No mention of the Whistle Blower. I have asked for confirmation....

Eager to try it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Sitting in Ssweetmans waiting for a friend and ordered a pint of Porter. Up to 4.70 now. Second price hike in 4 months from them, waiting for the ensuing thread full of people spouting faux outrage and cries of price gouging That's a 17.5% increase since new years.

That is certainly disappointing, regardless of the 'faux' outrage you see everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

They must have got ahead of themselves on Twitter.

BrewDock tweeted this evening that they have the Fuzzy Logic and the Red Rye. No mention of the Whistle Blower. I have asked for confirmation....

Eager to try it!
    They have the keg, what they don't have is a spare tap to put it through

Fuzzy logic was tapped 10 minutes before I had to leave for the train but got a sneaky half pint of it. It's nice as far as witbier goes (I'm not a huge fan of witbier).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

They have the keg, what they don't have is a spare tap to put it through

Hmm, they tell me that the keg isn't getting delivered until tomorrow!

Ravelleman wrote: »
    That is certainly disappointing, regardless of the 'faux' outrage you see everywhere.

It's 4.70 a pint fot decent beer, I won't shed too many tears just yet.

• Advertisement

Hmm, they tell me that the keg isn't getting delivered until tomorrow!

Trouble's Twitter said there's only one keg of it (for now) too. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Keo Cypriot beer. It's a little like Efes a Turkish beer. For me Keo is the nicest drinkable, cheap beer better than Carlsberg, Heiniken or Tsing Tao.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Tonight I'm enjoying a Bourbon County Coffee Stout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

It's 4.70 a pint fot decent beer, I won't shed too many tears just yet.

Is it just the porter or the whole range?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

To Øl By Udder Means. Amazing beer. Hard to fault.

my friend wrote: »

As the kids say 'totes amazeballs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Heroditas wrote: »
    7.6%?! Holy jaysus!

Try Brew Dog Hardcore- it's 9%:P

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

my friend wrote: »

got one of these myself for tonight plus a Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast stout

Try Brew Dog Hardcore- it's 9%:P

I'm fairly sure he could name a few beers even higher than that tbh. I think his shock comes from the fact that it's a Trouble Brewing beer and they have tended to be very conservative in styles thus far.

The Red Rye I had today was anything but conservative though, 6% avb, massive biscuity malt backbone and copiously hopped, fecking great beer.

got one of these myself for tonight plus a Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast stout

You should get a founders breakfast stout to round off the collection when you get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I'm fairly sure he could name a few beers even higher than that tbh. I think his shock comes from the fact that it's a Trouble Brewing beer and they have tended to be very conservative in styles thus far.

The Red Rye I had today was anything but conservative though, 6% avb, massive biscuity malt backbone and copiously hopped, fecking great beer.

Ah. Haven't been a fan of trouble brewing at all. Leaves me wanting

adamski8 wrote: »
    Is it just the porter or the whole range?

Whole range, no idea if the "monthly special" aka the Pale Ale (I've never seen any other beer offered as the special) has gone up though so that might still be €4...

Ah. Haven't been a fan of trouble brewing at all. Leaves me wanting

I would generall agree, Dark Arts is "grand" but nothing special and the others I could pretend don't exist but I loved troubled hooker, and I think the Red Rye is fecking lovely.

Brew Dog Jackhammer. Meh.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Brew Dog Jackhammer. Meh.

My reaction to Jackhammer was something like the picture below:

Michael_Scott_ewww.gif

I was just at the local market and cans of Dead Pony are more expensive than bottles. I would have thought it was the other way round.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I was just at the local market and cans of Dead Pony are more expensive than bottles. I would have thought it was the other way round.

Brewdog don't have a canning line themselves so it's probably more expensive to buy cans wholesale.

I've seen them cheaper in most places. McCambridges in Galway had the bottles for €2.75 and the cans for €2.50 last summer.

Picked up these two beauties from Martin's in Fairview for sipping tonight with and after my dindins, looking forward to the Independent!
    5930159200042.jpg

9419400023303.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Not sure if this is the correct place (didn't think it warranted a thread) but Carlow Brewing as beer sponsors of Sea Sessions festival this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement