Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Not a lot though, right?:D

We are now on page 666...........The number of the Beast.

No :o

I was just thinking we owe the thread to sdrawkcab and her workmates who annoy her.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People putting plates in the section for bowls in the dishwasher. Every time I go to put a bowl in the dishwasher the only section big enough for it to fit is full with side plates so I have to remove a plate and move it to the appropriate section so I can then fit my bowl in. Wide section = bowls, thin section = plates. Every day...Every ****ing day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who insist on opening the windows in an air-conditioned office. I don't think you're really getting how that works, dudes...

Worse are the gimbals who explain to you that air-conditioning is useless-in-principle, given that it's only moving the same air around the place. No, no, not quite. A proper HVAC is an expensive, clever bit of kit that cleans, disinfects and chills the air to order, as opposed to a fukkan fan your boss tells you slack-jawed yokels is the "Air Conditioning!" when it is in fact just moving a hunk of fetid oxygen-depleted air replete with your hideous diseases and muesli-fart-vapour from one end of the room to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Conversations that always go the same way, usually in small talk situations.

"So have you any holidays planned?"

"No, I used them all up for exams"

"Oh right, what are you studying?"

(insert course name)

"Oh wow that must be really hard/what got you into that" blah blah

- zzzzzzzzzzz

Now I just say "ah I've a week off in September" and leave it at that

Hairdresser talk!
    LynnGrace wrote: »
    No :o

I was just thinking we owe the thread to sdrawkcab and her workmates who annoy her.

All hail those mannerless beasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

gramar wrote: »
    Some singer whom I'm never heard of has opened up about his sexuality.
    Fcuk off! No-one cares. Just get on with it.

I'm waiting for the day that a straight famous person does an exclusive interview or calls a press conference to declare their sexulaity to the world. 'look at me, I'm straight...who would have thought it!' Maybe then there'll be no more coming out and public declarations of homosexuality. It's your business. Not mine sunshine.

The people who find it that little bit easier to come out themselves do care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Orange people.
    Or people with dirty lookin tans

People who insist on opening the windows in an air-conditioned office. I don't think you're really getting how that works, dudes...

Unfortunately office air-con tends to be set to the temperature that accommodates those who complain the most i.e. the people who are always too cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

deise08 wrote: »
    Orange people.
    Or people with dirty lookin tans

Typically how Irish people look coming back from their holidays:

LINK

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

gramar wrote: »
    I don't like this page number. More posts please to get to page 667.

We're on page 251

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

czechlin wrote: »
    It happened only twice and in both cases we had a stash of paper tissues but the cold sweats...

When you run out of bog roll!!

Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep a toilet roll in the freezer. If you use it, replace immediately as once you start using it, it must be used as the soggy factor creeps in.

My annoyance for today is cyclists going through red lights. I was crossing the street with my kids at the green man, and this gobsh*te on a city bike nearly nailed us as we reached the far side of the road. I made a remark about a red light quite audibly so everyone in the vicinity knew he was an assh*le.
    If I didn't have the kids, I probably would have been walking faster and he would have hit me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Oops69 wrote: »
    The met eireann weather forecast changing completely over the course of one day , and they never apologise for getting it wrong , happens all the time , it's trivially annoying because I don't rely on it and I'll check the BBC for a more reliable service , .....also that Cavan guy who does the forecast , has he ever done one that doesn't mention " But there is a possibility of scattered showers in the west " .... doom merchant .

I look at the Wunderground site, it's much more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,342 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BBC weather accurate? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Unfortunately office air-con tends to be set to the temperature that accommodates those who complain the most i.e. the people who are always too cold.

Not in here. I work in a male-dominated industry. Damn you and yisser faster metabolisms!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep a toilet roll in the freezer. If you use it, replace immediately as once you start using it, it must be used as the soggy factor creeps in..

Comes in very handy if one has had a very hot curry the night before:D

Not in here. I work in a male-dominated industry. Damn you and yisser faster metabolisms!

So do I. Your industry must be particularly heavily male-dominated....is it the Vatican by any chance?

Well folks, we've passed the 10,000 posts mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So do I. Your industry must be particularly heavily male-dominated....is it the Vatican by any chance?

32 chicks in a company of 165.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fine stretch in the...... thread :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"Jaysus, I'm freezin' " said every Irish woman ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

So it's on to part 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Everybody switch off the lights and hide before a mod sees the thread and closes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep a toilet roll in the freezer. If you use it, replace immediately as once you start using it, it must be used as the soggy factor creeps in.

My annoyance for today is cyclists going through red lights. I was crossing the street with my kids at the green man, and this gobsh*te on a city bike nearly nailed us as we reached the far side of the road. I made a remark about a red light quite audibly so everyone in the vicinity knew he was an assh*le.
    If I didn't have the kids, I probably would have been walking faster and he would have hit me.

if he does hit you, feign being blind in your left eye, so didnt see him coming. Double assh*le points for him

In my rambling Walter Mitty-esque thoughts, ideally I'd have clotheslined him

So it's on to part 3?

Hopefully, it's like free therapy :D

32 chicks in a company of 165.

Not the Vatican so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

We're still here! hee heeeeee

This freaking humidity is driving me nuts. I've hardly slept this week and putting the fan on only means it's too noisy to sleep. So I can leave the fan off and lay awake sweltering in the humidity or turn the fan on and lay awake in the noisy cool air. Not really a great set of options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Trivial things that annoy me... 10k thread limits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,342 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This freaking humidity is driving me nuts. I've hardly slept this week and putting the fan on only means it's too noisy to sleep. So I can leave the fan off and lay awake sweltering in the humidity or turn the fan on and lay awake in the noisy cool air. Not really a great set of options.

Ever use earbuds? As a shift worker I couldn't function without them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accessotech-Classic-Sleeping-Reusable-Travel/dp/B00E8NDS86/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1406124787&sr=8-4&keywords=ear+buds+for+sleeping

NIMAN wrote: »

Yep, I wear them every Friday and Saturday night, we have neighbours who like to bring friends home in the early hours after the clubs close. The thing about ear plugs is that they are great at blocking out some noises but other types of noise just seeps through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Every post after 10k kills a hamster that runs the servers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement