Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

KungPao wrote: »
    I despise that whole modern office style where the company has a "culture"...

Yes, I saw the same documentary - Rich Hall is fantastic. That reminds me of the Apple "Beer Busts" in the old days. I was over in Cupertino one time, the Beer Bust consisted of everyone staying late in the office on Friday evenings to have a quart of dilute pisswater in the name of "beer", by decree of Captain Zany himself, the well-known sociopath Steve Jobs. Needless to say a bee-line was made by some people to the nearest proper bar for a gallon of Ould Scruttock's Shagnasty, or at least Theakston's Old Peculier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

The inability of people in bus stations to que. As soon as the door open people rush in from all angles with no regard to who was there first. Old people are the worst for just pushing through people expecting them to move. It drives me ****ing mad everytime I have to get a bus. I am always tempted to just start throwing people out of my way when they barge in front of me. It doesnt help that Im tired and too hot today either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Posted a letter last night with a 60c stamp on it. Didn't know stamps had gone up. Dammit, hope it gets there.

If you had a return address on it they'll send it back to you saying there was insufficient postage on it.

Although it always struck me that there's probably more work involved in doing that than just letting it go to its original destination...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

TGJD wrote: »
    The inability of people in bus stations to que. As soon as the door open people rush in from all angles with no regard to who was there first. Old people are the worst for just pushing through people expecting them to move. It drives me ****ing mad everytime I have to get a bus. I am always tempted to just start throwing people out of my way when they barge in front of me. It doesnt help that Im tired and too hot today either.
    Air Coach lost me a customer for this carry on. They have such a shiit system (read: none) for departures. It's especially manic at Westmoreland street in Dublin. You are there early at the bus stop, have just one bag to throw under, and have an online ticket, but the bus will pull in no-where near the stop and then it's a free for all with people with no bags rushing at the door ahead of you while you put your case under, and by the time you get on, you end up in a crap seat beside a fatty. Stupid people, stupid system. Fix it Air Coach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Dort Speak really annoys me. I was Loike there and so was he loike it was Loike a totes awky momo .

I always think of D4 and D4 accents as the Irish Essex :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Or the old Dublin Bus chestnut of people boarding the bus rushing up to the door once it arrives and completely blocking people getting off. Once again, invariably auld ones with their free passes clutched in their skeleton claws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

An overweight woman I work with constantly making comments every time she sees me eating something at my desk.

'Ooh, straight to the hips that will go'
    'God, I'd never use full fat butter/milk when there are such good low fat substitutes'
    'White bread will make you bloat and is just empty calories'

etc.

I am a trim size 10/12 and in the 3 years since I've worked with her all I have seen her eat and talk about eating are low fat/diet foods marketed towards overweight people and yet she is still overweight. But imagine if I made comments about her food choices?

The rage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everything!!! Everything today is fúcking annoying me! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dial Hard wrote: »
    If you had a return address on it they'll send it back to you saying there was insufficient postage on it.

Although it always struck me that there's probably more work involved in doing that than just letting it go to its original destination...

I guess they dont want to set precedent. If people know they'll "send it on anyway because that's easier" then they might be more likely to send it with insufficient stamp(age)?

Vel wrote: »
    An overweight woman I work with...

Tell her all the low-fat crap she's eating is filled with sugar by cynical, unscrupulous food manufacturers and she's heading for further obesity, cardiovascular issues, circulation problems and probably Type-II diabetes. She'd be better off with the odd bacon-butty on brown wholemeal with real buther, bah. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Was in the local shop getting my lunch. Had to wait for a bunch of idiots in front to pick out their names on the Coca-cola bottles. Every bottle was mauled. Seriously t*atted me off.

Was in the local shop getting my lunch. Had to wait for a bunch of idiots in front to pick out their names on the Coca-cola bottles. Every bottle was mauled. Seriously t*atted me off.

What's the missing letter? :confused:

People who tickle my funny-bone so much it could well put paid to my productivity for the remainder of the afternoon. I work with a Russian guy here in the office - I've known him for years - and I just bumped into him outside in the smoking area, where I noticed he's using an eCigarette kind of thing. "Well Dmitry, how do you find that yoke? Is it alright?" He turns and stares down at me from 6' 6'' with eyes like Siberia, "Nyet. It is like, how do you say, a rubber woman!". :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »

If it's a 'w' then I wouldn't mind a piece of that action. What shop was it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Speaking about the football team you follow as " we" is sad enough but speaking about the company you work for and don't have equity/ shares or a profit share in as " we" is sad, deluded, and pathetic .. COP ON !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

It's a "w". I was so annoyed I ended up leaving the shop with a Leanne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Slow computers drive me crazy. In particular, slow Dell desktop computers with sticky keyboards. Rehab Group, you never fail to impress me. </sarcasm>

It's a "w". I was so annoyed I ended up leaving the shop with a Leanne.

Did she put out? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Did she put out? :D

She twatted him off by the sounds of it. :eek:

Those screwtops are a menace alright :pac:

...even I dont get that, it just sounds bold :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

And he considers it to be a trivial thing that annoys him... tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Similar to this something that thoroughly winds me up is fuckers pushing onto the Dart before waiting for you and the rest of the people trying to get off to actually exit! The amount of restraint i have to use not to push them back off... ugh, just fuck off already you ignorant pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you are out walking and someone driving along the opposite side of the road stops to ask you for directions, but they ask or beckon you to cross the road over to them.

Extra annoyance points if you don't know what they are looking for and they ask dis-trustingly "Are you sure?" or have a look of irritation on their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When the heel of your shoe (stiletto, obv) goes down a crack or gap in the pavement/floorboards. I just "degloved" the heel of a brand new pair of suede shoes :(

It's the fake "heyyyyyyy!" right-on student twat, pavement dancing, enthusiasm (usually from some greasy-haired, bearded bellend) that boils my piss.

Action this day! A cull on chuggers!

One tried to stop me on Henry Street with a big "Hiyaaaa MATE!!!!! I KNOW YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY AND I WANT TO MAKE IT BETTERRRRR!!!"

I was actually having a genuinely bad day due to someone in my family being seriously ill. I just shrugged my shoulders at him and said quietly "Oh p**s off". He then made a 'silly' sad face and used his fingers the pull down his eyes and lips and said "Oh did the grumpy monster get you?"

I laid in to him telling him why I was grumpy and that maybe he'd do well to stop assuming everyone lives in some fake happy world.

As I walked off I looked back and seen him laughing and making the mad in the head gesture to his co-workers.

And that is why Concern will never get a single cent from me.

grundie wrote: »
    One tried to stop me on Henry Street with a big "Hiyaaaa MATE!!!!! I KNOW YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY AND I WANT TO MAKE IT BETTERRRRR!!!"

I was actually having a genuinely bad day due to someone in my family being seriously ill. I just shrugged my shoulders at him and said quietly "Oh p**s off". He then made a 'silly' sad face and used his fingers the pull down his eyes and lips and said "Oh did the grumpy monster get you?"

I laid in to him telling him why I was grumpy and that maybe he'd do well to stop assuming everyone lives in some fake happy world.

As I walked off I looked back and seen him laughing and making the mad in the head gesture to his co-workers.

And that is why Concern will never get a single cent from me.

I kid you not, I'd have turned and hoofed the little prick one in the ballsack! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Very warm today, isn't it?"

jimgoose wrote: »
    I kid you not, I'd have turned and hoofed the little prick one in the ballsack! :mad:

About 10 years ago I had a blog and one day I had a bit of a rant about chuggers in York. I wasn't rude, but I did say that maybe chuggers should be trained to leave people alone if they are weighted down with shopping.

I started getting comments and messages claiming to be from different sources/emails etc, but they were all from the same IP address.

I was told that I was evil for caring more about my shopping when in some regimes people have boiling water injected in to their veins and similarly bizarre message including lots of "You suck"s and a few vague threats advising me watch my back.

The IP address belonged to a a major chugging company.

I emailed the comments to abuse team at their ISP and got a letter of apology in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Very warm today, isn't it?"

Great drying out there!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

/rains for half an hour

"Oh ho! Back to the winter!"

Shutupshutupshutup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement