Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I got a huge craving for Ben & Jerrys tonight. Knowing it's normally around about €5.50/€6.00, I wasn't going to spend that on it so I checked out Supervalu and Tesco's websites to see if it was on special offer at the moment, before walking to the shop for it. It turns out it is, in Tesco for €4.00.

So I walked to my local tesco express, to find no special offer, it's currently at the brain-freezing price of €6.79!!

I didn't buy it.

Disappointed though.

But what the **** is up with the price of B&J??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

whirlpool wrote: »
    I got a huge craving for Ben & Jerrys tonight. Knowing it's normally around about €5.50/€6.00, I wasn't going to spend that on it so I checked out Supervalu and Tesco's websites to see if it was on special offer at the moment, before walking to the shop for it. It turns out it is, in Tesco for €4.00.

So I walked to my local tesco express, to find no special offer, it's currently at the brain-freezing price of €6.79!!

I didn't buy it.

Disappointed though.

But what the **** is up with the price of B&J??

I ate an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's strawberry shortcake frozen yoghurt on Saturday night, tastes exactly like ice cream. I've ordered a tub of the peanut butter cup 1 for my husband, he loves peanut butter and icecream. The lidl version of Ben and Jerrys is very good too, apparently. Mr P has gotten addicted to their banana, chocolate and walnut 1, I think it's just under 3 euro for the same size tub as B & J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Jake1 wrote: »
    People who take the liberty to milk my coffee . They always, always overload it with milk. :(
    I take a pipette drop of milk. I like my coffee like my men, very dark, and very strong.
    Leave my coffee alone
    I'm the opposite. I love loads of milk in my tea/coffee and whenever anyone else makes it, they never put in enough. Whenever I'm making it for someone else, I always leave milk beside them so they can add their own amount.

Worse than not having enough milk (in fairness, you can just add more) is people who put the milk in before the hot water. It tastes completely different and I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Worse than not having enough milk (in fairness, you can just add more) is people who put the milk in before the hot water. It tastes completely different and I don't like it.

I like putting my milk in afterwards too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The met eireann weather forecast changing completely over the course of one day , and they never apologise for getting it wrong , happens all the time , it's trivially annoying because I don't rely on it and I'll check the BBC for a more reliable service , .....also that Cavan guy who does the forecast , has he ever done one that doesn't mention " But there is a possibility of scattered showers in the west " .... doom merchant .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Every time I try to watcha video on youtube now, it plays for 30 seconds and then says "an error occured" - and I cant complain to IT because I am working :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Every time I try to watcha video on youtube now, it plays for 30 seconds and then says "an error occured" - and I cant complain to IT because I am working :pac:
    Use your phone :)

Conversations that always go the same way, usually in small talk situations.

"So have you any holidays planned?"

"No, I used them all up for exams"

"Oh right, what are you studying?"

(insert course name)

"Oh wow that must be really hard/what got you into that" blah blah

- zzzzzzzzzzz

Now I just say "ah I've a week off in September" and leave it at that

Use your phone :)

:D You should see my phone. It's actually worth money now because its so old. It does have a sh1t cool alarm clock though and a ring tone that would scare the bejaysis out out ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

People who drive straight through a pedestrian crossing when you're only half way across.

Uggghhh! People who drive through amber (probably red if we're honest) lights in heavy traffic when there's no room for them on the other side of the intersection, so they arrive on the pedestrian crossing after the pedestrian lights have already gone green nearly running people over and then park there, blocking everyone's path!

This happens with alarming regularity and it takes all of my willpower not to kick their window in. The height of ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^ thats what keys are for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Try clearing your cache.

All the West Coast Cooler ads with their silly numpty gals and their stupid dancing and pretending to have a good time. "Were not in Kansas now!" - wtf?? Go fúck yourselves and have a proper drink. You might loosen up a bit and actually be able to act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Ad on at the moment about events coming up, some at the Gaya-dee The-ayder, whatever that is. Grouch, moan, I hate put-on accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Ad on at the moment about events coming up, some at the Gaya-dee The-ayder, whatever that is. Grouch, moan, I hate put-on accents.
    That travel insurance ad on the radio with the Mrs.Brown wanna be makes me so angry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Don't tell on me, but I have posted there from time to time :D

Not a lot though, right?:D

We are now on page 666...........The number of the Beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Some singer whom I'm never heard of has opened up about his sexuality.
    Fcuk off! No-one cares. Just get on with it.

I'm waiting for the day that a straight famous person does an exclusive interview or calls a press conference to declare their sexulaity to the world. 'look at me, I'm straight...who would have thought it!' Maybe then there'll be no more coming out and public declarations of homosexuality. It's your business. Not mine sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Annoying human: "So are you seeing anybody? Are you?? If you are it's time for the FB relationship status change!!"
    czechlin: *facepalm*

(I don't even have the relationship status option visible, I couldn't give a toss.)

czechlin wrote: »
    Annoying human: "So are you seeing anybody? Are you?? If you are it's time for the FB relationship status change!!"
    czechlin: *facepalm*

(I don't even have the relationship status option visible, I couldn't give a toss.)

When you say *facepalm* I hope you mean you smashed your palm into their face.

I don't like this page number. More posts please to get to page 667.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

gramar wrote: »
    I don't like this page number. More posts please to get to page 667.

^

Must be the most trivial annoyance I've ever read! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When you buy a bag of nuts / cereal / biscuits whatever and the plastic tupperware box you have assigned for it doesnt quite hold all it's contents.... and you only find out as it nearly overflows.

Bah!!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    ^

Must be the most trivial annoyance I've ever read! :pac:

Thanks for the post. Come on just a few more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,566 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who insist on opening the windows in an air-conditioned office. I don't think you're really getting how that works, dudes...

When you say *facepalm* I hope you mean you smashed your palm into their face.

I was very tempted to but I couldn't. I growled a little bit to make up for it... :pac:

Thanks for the post. Come on just a few more!

You're welcome! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People who insist on opening the windows in an air-conditioned office. I don't think you're really getting how that works, dudes...

The majority of the time is because the lousy air con is useless!
    You either melt or freezer in our place.

It happened only twice and in both cases we had a stash of paper tissues but the cold sweats...

When you run out of bog roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

When you get to the reduced section of the supermarket, it's packed with treasures but nothing has been priced yet. Quit teasing me, Tesco.

Recently: MMA hipsters giving out about their sport gaining more fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement