Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

grundie wrote: »
    About 10 years ago...

Yes, this is actually the usual sort of disciple you get Doing Good(TM). I would dearly love to show some of them a world of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Similar to this something that thoroughly winds me up is fuckers pushing onto the Dart before waiting for you and the rest of the people trying to get off to actually exit! The amount of restraint i have to use not to push them back off... ugh, just fuck off already you ignorant pig!

Agree. I travel occasionally on the Luas, and I will scream sometime 'will ye effing let us off before ye try to barge on'...'Think about it, there is space created, and then ye will fit in'.

Similarly, I hate when people burst into a lift when others are trying to get out.
    Again, guess what, there will be more space to fit in, when others get out. Not rocket science!

I hate when people ignore queues, or pretend they didn't know there was a queue. A girl who used to get the same bus as I used to get, always barged on first, regardless of how many of us were there at the stop before her.
    We would all get a seat, but it was just her arrogance that used to annoy me. I stepped on ahead of her one morning, when it had annoyed me more than usual. I could almost hear her gasping in surprise, at not being the first on. Trivial, but anyway!

And as i am on a roll-I was waiting at Heuston early one morning, for the Luas, a number of years ago, and this thick ignorant yoke shoved his way to the front of the platform. People were lined all along the platform, waiting to board, what the feck did he think the rest of us were doing, admiring the Luas lines maybe?
    It was one of those situations where there was no point saying anything. If someone is that thick, it won't get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I hate when people ignore queues, or pretend they didn't know there was a queue.

The only thing more annoying than queue skippers are the people who let them away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Logging in to complain about something. Forgetting what I wanted to complain about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Forgetful people. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

One tried to stop me on Henry Street with a big "Hiyaaaa MATE!!!!! I KNOW YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY AND I WANT TO MAKE IT BETTERRRRR!!!"

I was actually having a genuinely bad day due to someone in my family being seriously ill. I just shrugged my shoulders at him and said quietly "Oh p**s off". He then made a 'silly' sad face and used his fingers the pull down his eyes and lips and said "Oh did the grumpy monster get you?"

I laid in to him telling him why I was grumpy and that maybe he'd do well to stop assuming everyone lives in some fake happy world.

As I walked off I looked back and seen him laughing and making the mad in the head gesture to his co-workers.

And that is why Concern will never get a single cent from me.

Why is he still alive?? I would have killed the manic little fúcker :( From now on when I am annoyed by one of them I'm gonna call the place they are from and complain. If everyone did it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Why is he still alive?? I would have killed the manic little fúcker :( From now on when I am annoyed by one of them I'm gonna call the place they are from and complain. If everyone did it... :(

1 800 WANKERLAND

Forgetful people. :mad:

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

About 10 years ago I had a blog and one day I had a bit of a rant about chuggers in York. I wasn't rude, but I did say that maybe chuggers should be trained to leave people alone if they are weighted down with shopping.

I started getting comments and messages claiming to be from different sources/emails etc, but they were all from the same IP address.

I was told that I was evil for caring more about my shopping when in some regimes people have boiling water injected in to their veins and similarly bizarre message including lots of "You suck"s and a few vague threats advising me watch my back.

The IP address belonged to a a major chugging company.

I emailed the comments to abuse team at their ISP and got a letter of apology in return.

We used to live in York :) Great place but tons of chuggers and beggars when we left around 8 or 9 years ago. Whenever a city has a University or Hospital you get lots of chuggers.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The only thing more annoying than queue skippers are the people who let them away with it.

Well that's me told :p... <rocks quietly in corner>.

In some situations, like the ape I described at the Luas, who was pushing everyone aside, I knew there was no point.

I often have challenged and will continue to challenge queue jumpers, as it is one of my top trivial ;) annoyances, but I am often a lone voice, and everyone else in the queue looks on slack jawed, to see what will happen next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

When does "Trivial things that annoy you Part 3" begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

We used to live in York :) Great place but tons of chuggers and beggars when we left around 8 or 9 years ago. Whenever a city has a University or Hospital you get lots of chuggers.

My uncle lives in York. I hope a lot of them meet him. He's one of our tacnukes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

whirlpool wrote: »

We are a moany bunch!:D Is there even a things that make you happy thread!?:D

Is there even a things that make you happy thread!?:D

There is. I had a sneak peek few months ago. It's full of candy floss fluff, rainbows, kittens and *whispers* happy thoughts :eek:

czechlin wrote: »
    There is. I had a sneak peek few months ago. It's full of candy floss fluff, rainbows, kittens and *whispers* happy thoughts :eek:

Don't tell on me, but I have posted there from time to time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I was out shopping on my way home from work and I thought of something that really annoyed me, perfect for this thread I thought but now that I'm home I can't think of what it was.

However I have, thanks to those ads below on your mobile, thought of another - so called nutritionists :mad: anybody can call themselves a nutritionist. There's an ad to become a qualified nutritionist for like x amount something like €170, yeah ok then... How about I start calling myself a nutritionist for funsies. Then there's people calling themselves nutritionists who actually give out ridiculous pieces of advice and tell people factually incorrect things and those people believe them because they innocently put some faith in these so called professionals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

whirlpool wrote: »

About forty more trivial annoyances I reckon, the 10k mark. I'll have to go looking for it then to sub, that'll be a trivial annoyance because I can see feckall posting on the touch site 99.8% of the time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I was out shopping on my way home from work and I thought of something that really annoyed me, perfect for this thread I thought but now that I'm home I can't think of what it was.

However I have, thanks to those ads below on your mobile, thought of another - so called nutritionists :mad: anybody can call themselves a nutritionist. There's an ad to become a qualified nutritionist for like x amount something like €170, yeah ok then... How about I start calling myself a nutritionist for funsies. Then there's people calling themselves nutritionists who actually give out ridiculous pieces of advice and tell people factually incorrect things and those people believe them because they innocently put some faith in these so called professionals

Yeah, I remember reading a good article about that once, think it was by Ben Goldacre.

Basically if you advise people on diet at all and take money in exchange for this advice you can legally call yourself a "nutritionist". It isn't really a set in stone profession/qualification.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Don't tell on me, but I have posted there from time to time :D

Traitor! :P

IV infusions. I spent 2 hours on an IV today reading crap celebrity magazines. Infusion days are tedious and it's the only time I read celebrity gossip magazines. It's that or watch the drips falling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

IV infusions. I spent 2 hours on an IV today reading crap celebrity magazines. Infusion days are tedious and it's the only time I read celebrity gossip magazines. It's that or watch the drips falling.

This is how superheroes are created :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You should put a centipede in the drip and become The Human Centipede :)

At the moment my super power is eating American hardgum sweets to console myself at all the bruises on my arms that make me look like I'm a battered wife. I think I've got the worlds worst veins, so it takes lots of attempts to get the blood. Moan moan moan, poor me:rolleyes::D

People in the supermarket who don't move up the conveyor-belt as their shopping does. This irks me beyond all reason.

Double post.

People who cycle wearing flip-flops. I don't even know why it bothers me, but it really does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who drive straight through a pedestrian crossing when you're only half way across.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I hate drivers that indicate too early
    I hate 'Thanks' button whores
    I hate inappropriate use of emoticons...:eek::cool::confused:

People who take the liberty to milk my coffee . They always, always overload it with milk. :(
    I take a pipette drop of milk. I like my coffee like my men, very dark, and very strong.
    Leave my coffee alone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Jake1 wrote: »
    People who take the liberty to milk my coffee . They always, always overload it with milk. :(
    I take a pipette drop of milk. I like my coffee like my men, very dark, and very strong.
    Leave my coffee alone
    Is it a skinny white guy that's loading it with milk? He might be trying to change your taste to get you to notice him a bit more! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement