Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2014 - no discussion of current day stage, see spoiler rules in Charter

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zyzz wrote: »
    I read he has had to retire due to the injury :/

Nothing on his twitter yet but looking at the state of his legs and the fact he's 37, suppose it was on the cards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Nothing on his twitter yet but looking at the state of his legs and the fact he's 37, suppose it was on the cards :(

Lois Dowsett posted it on her twitter (sister of Alex)..although I haven't seen any concrete proof as of yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Big question marks over tomorrow's route due to snow

@SadhbhOS
    RCS will make a decision on the Gavia and Stelvio for tomorrow's stage at 17:30 CET #giro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Does anyone know where I can find footage of the Giro on youtube? I was watching the CyclingHubHD one, but they stopped after the 5th or 6th stage I think and the official Giro highlights one is only 2 mins long and in Italian. The cycling hub one covered the last 20k or so. I can't find any in English over 3 mins bar the OricaGreenedge stuff on youtube. I don't have Sky or Eurosport. Getting a bit of Sean Kelly's commentary was great. There probably is a proper channel and I am being a bit slow, but I can't find it :o

gadetra wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find footage of the Giro on youtube? I was watching the CyclingHubHD one, but they stopped after the 5th or 6th stage I think and the official Giro highlights one is only 2 mins long and in Italian. The cycling hub one covered the last 20k or so. I can't find any in English over 3 mins bar the OricaGreenedge stuff on youtube. I don't have Sky or Eurosport. Getting a bit of Sean Kelly's commentary was great. There probably is a proper channel and I am being a bit slow, but I can't find it :o

RCS went on a crusade lately against copyright infrigment on Youtube, so CyclingHub and such have all been shut down. This guy does good highlights that he analyses himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cyclocosm had been stopped too unfortunately :(

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Cyclocosm had been stopped too unfortunately :(

Only on youtube, he stills hosts the videos on his own website and vimeo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Big question marks over tomorrow's route due to snow

@SadhbhOS

Fingers crossed,my strava 834th place ranking on the stelvio will be under threat if it goes ahead ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

balls to that, I don't care if theres 3 feet of snow I want to see people cycling thru it dammit!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dance, monkeys, dance!

• Advertisement

Stage going ahead as planned according to inner ring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

Was planning on watching highlights of stage 16 tonight... not on until 23.00, lasting until 00.30. ugggh.

30 min spot at 07.30 tomorrow morning, not a lot really. An hour at 09.00... and then I remember I'm working from home tomorrow. huzzah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

buffalo wrote: »
    Was planning on watching highlights of stage 16 tonight... not on until 23.00, lasting until 00.30. ugggh.

30 min spot at 07.30 tomorrow morning, not a lot really. An hour at 09.00... and then I remember I'm working from home tomorrow. huzzah!

I missed todays climb as well, but im on the dole so im grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Sky sports 3 show the highlights at 8pm.

That said, it's not great. They keep skipping ahead rather than leave full coverage of last 5km or so.

Skipped 200 metres of the race at one point!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Eurosport player if you have it online has full repeat of the broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭buffalo

neris wrote: »
    Eurosport player if you have it online has full repeat of the broadcast

I didn't know they'd started doing that, thanks for the heads up - found it buried under all the tennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have the Sky+ set to record each day live. Delete it if it's a crap stage. Last night was great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Grumpy old man comment here but the constant dial up modem noise in the background of the Eurosport commentary is doing my head in!!!
    I assume its the radios chirping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Grumpy old man comment here but the constant dial up modem noise in the background of the Eurosport commentary is doing my head in!!!
    I assume its the radios chirping.

I think it was especially noticeable on todays stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

thought it was my laptop malfunctioning at first.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think I love Oleg Tinkov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Sean Kelly and the other fella. They're not at the race, sure they aren't?

I reckon they're watching on monitors in Eurosport HQ, wherever that may be.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Sean Kelly and the other fella. They're not at the race, sure they aren't?

I reckon they're watching on monitors in Eurosport HQ, wherever that may be.

Nope, they're really there. They usually watch in a kind of pre-fab at the finish line, where most of the media and commentary teams area.

Nope, they're really there. They usually watch in a kind of pre-fab at the finish line, where most of the media and commentary teams area.

Are you sure?

They never seem to comment much on what they've seen on the route, if they've just drove on it (from the end of one stage, to the end of the next).

The commentator on previous Tours, David Duffield was one I think and Carlton Kirby usually harp on about the little café they went for lunch in etc. Nothing like that on this Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Are you sure?

They never seem to comment much on what they've seen on the route, if they've just drove on it (from the end of one stage, to the end of the next).

The commentator on previous Tours, David Duffield was one I think and Carlton Kirby usually harp on about the little café they went for lunch in etc. Nothing like that on this Tour.

They are definitely there, sometimes they mention how steep a gradient a climb felt in a car on the way up to a mountain top finish or they might say that the crowds were already huge when they came up the climb earlier in the day.

They don't always drive the route either, they simply want to get from A to B the quickest possible way so would avoid a lot of the route

Are you sure?

Certain, Rob Hatch has been talking a little bit about the different Italian bits and bobs him and Sean have been picking up, and I know for sure Sean wouldn't be anywhere else during a grand tour. Rob Hatch is just far less interesting than Kirby :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Certain, Rob Hatch has been talking a little bit about the different Italian bits and bobs him and Sean have been picking up, and I know for sure Sean wouldn't be anywhere else during a grand tour. Rob Hatch is just far less interesting than Kirby :pac:

I thoroughly agree re Rob Hatch ...his correct pronunciation of riders names does not make up for how boring he is....I soooooooo miss Carlton

Rob Hatch is just far less interesting than Kirby :pac:

He certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

David Duffield used to spend most of the day talking about the bottle of wine and food that himself and Sean had for dinner the night before. So much so that there would be a crash or an attack and he'd completely miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's what makes the grand tours special on Eurosport. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement