Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Gotta love that ref lol. I'd say there'll be a few pints bought for him later on for the job his done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is there a more detestable player in Gaelic football then Donaghy.

Diarmuid Connolly and O'Gara would have to be up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We're not getting much from refs so far, hopefully we'll get a few neutrals in the Championship !!

Kerry deserved the win, we're were ****e in the 2nd half. No idea what O'Gara brings to the table. Useless again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I think Fitzy can feel hard done by with the red, actually looked softer than your man hitting Cooper in the face when he won his free! Can't blame the ref though, simply not good enough, even more disappointing is not scoring a single point in the last 10 after scoring that fluke of a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is there a more detestable player in Gaelic football then Donaghy.

Nope.
    Shouldnt have been on the field at the end. Fouled all day long and thought O'Carroll did well on him when Donaghy tried to play legally. A better ref would have sent him off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Slattsy wrote: »
    We're not getting much from refs so far, hopefully we'll get a few neutrals in the Championship !!

Kerry deserved the win, we're were ****e in the 2nd half. No idea what O'Gara brings to the table. Useless again.

His miss in the first half was hilarious,I don't know how he managed to not at least test keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gaga84

Well that puts to bed the myth of Dublin having the best panel in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Joekers

gaga84 wrote: »

News to me ðŸ˜႒

Joekers wrote: »
    News to me ðŸ˜႒

Interesting how its always news to Dubs after. Over the last 2 years Dubs, yes Dubs have been hyping on about how they have a second 15 better then most teams. But of course you're going to deny that...

Interesting how its always news to Dubs after. Over the last 2 years Dubs, yes Dubs have been hyping on about how they have a second 15 better then most teams. But of course you're going to deny that...

Thing is our second 15 is better than most teams, most teams being all division 3 & 4 teams . Nobody thinks our second 15 is better than our division 1 rivals or a few of the teams in division 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

The 21 Dublin players who featured today

Seán Currie
    Michael Fitzsimmons
    Rory O'Carroll
    Darren Daly
    Jonny Cooper
    Phillip McMahon
    Jack McCaffrey
    Denis Bastick
    Shane Carthy
    Tomas Brady
    Dean Rock
    Ciaran Kilkenny
    Kevin McManamon
    Eoghan O'Gara
    Cormac Costello
    Bernard Brogan
    Brian Fenton
    Cian O'Sullivan
    Eric Lowdnes
    Nicky Devereux
    Paddy Andrews

The following 20 players are those who have either featured in the league already this year or were part of the Dublin panel last year.

Alan Brogan
    Ciaran Reddin
    Conor McHugh
    Darragh Nelson
    David Bryne
    Davy Bryne
    Declan O'Mahony
    Diarmuid Connolly
    Emmett O'Conghaile
    Eoin Culligan
    Ger Brennan
    James McCarthy
    Johnny Small
    Kevin Nolan
    Michael Darragh MacAuley
    Michael Deegan
    Niall McGovern
    Paul Flynn
    Phillip Ryan
    Stephen Cluxton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Don't think it does actually. Might put to bed the Dublin has too many good players/money and should be be split in two rubbish but I doubt it. We might have the strongest 30 odd players but that doesn't mean best team. Most Dubs understand this but somehow people from outside Dublin think that if the media print it then the Dubs think it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭corny

Did you register just to get that off your chest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Donaghy is getting away with murder in a lot of games and the clowns on T.V and Pat McEnenany and his referees don't see it.

I missed some of the game but the few things that did bother me was Currie and his kickouts I think he hit 4 in a row in the first half that were hardly in the ground as the player he was looking for. We were often to slow in our build up and Kerry just cantered back and made life very difficult for us.
    The referee was pathetic no other words he could not run a bath. It is not the first time he has ruined games and Dublin are not his only victims. Kerry could have been down to 13 players by 50th minute with Donaghy and I think Murphy walking a fine line after he slapped Cooper. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed Cooper would have walked.
    Dublin played some good football but the last 15 minutes were awful. Kerry had some good performers and Johnny Buckley could well be the main man come the summer. Great pace and mobile for a big man. Kerry will be stronger than last year so I hope Gavin can get more from our lads.

LeoB wrote: »
    Donaghy is getting away with murder in a lot of games and the clowns on T.V and Pat McEnenany and his referees don't see it.

I missed some of the game but the few things that did bother me was Currie and his kickouts I think he hit 4 in a row in the first half that were hardly in the ground as the player he was looking for. We were often to slow in our build up and Kerry just cantered back and made life very difficult for us.
    The referee was pathetic no other words he could not run a bath. It is not the first time he has ruined games and Dublin are not his only victims. Kerry could have been down to 13 players by 50th minute with Donaghy and I think Murphy walking a fine line after he slapped Cooper. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed Cooper would have walked.
    Dublin played some good football but the last 15 minutes were awful. Kerry had some good performers and Johnny Buckley could well be the main man come the summer. Great pace and mobile for a big man. Kerry will be stronger than last year so I hope Gavin can get more from our lads.

Not half bias with that post. Funny how you seemed to miss Donaghy being fouled constantly from the throw in and rory O Carroll was the biggest offender. He also should have had a penalty in second half.

To try and paint Cooper as some sort of a victim is laughable, right before Paul Murphy dragged Cooper down Cooper let an elbow fly into Murphys jaw that was clearly a yellow and he go away with it. In fact he was using his elbow quite a bit today

Costello who should also have seen red, as should Cian O Sullivan.

Denis Bastick looked like an idiot with that throw down.

Then we have Eoghan O'Gara. Dont really have to say very much about him now do we?

Sounded like sour grapes from Gavin after the game I felt. Stuff about the lads tried to play football, pitch etc etc. He would want to take note and learn some lessons from the game, does he think everyone should go out and play 15 on 15 nicey nice football? It was like he was surprised. He would be advised to play dumb afterwards and go away and come up with a plan for the next episode.

Puts nothing to bed. Dublin DO have strongest panel in Ireland but you can only 15 at a time. The second list of players above could win Leinster

Problem is when you have a referee as poor as today Kilkenny could well cause an upset in Leinster football championship. But there is such begrudgery that people like to turn a blind eye to it until it hits their own county.

Referees instead of players are all to often the talking point of games. Look back at the previous 2 years games in both codes and the Sunday game is often all about the referees. Hurling is getting as bad.

Yes Dublin have benefited also with also with a few soft frees especially 2011. When O'Rourke, Brolly or Martin Carney call for 2 Dublin teams its is usually after a Leinster match where the opposition have collapsed due to no fault of Dublin just their own lack of strength and preparation.

When O'Rourke, Brolly or Martin Carney call for 2 Dublin teams its is usually after a Leinster match where the opposition have collapsed due to no fault of Dublin just their own lack of strength and preparation.

You might want to do a bit of research on that one. Seeing as it was a Dub who first suggested that idea

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's a myth created mainly by the media to be honest, there are always foolish fans, the sort of fans who read things in the papers and listen to Pat Spillane saying that Dublin have the best panel, or Colm O'Rourke writing about the high amount of inter-county footballers Dublin have, split them up etc. If people want to read and listen to that and blame Dublin fans for saying that on TV or writing that in the papers then so be it.

Unfortunately every county has these fans, the sort that are neither magnanimous in victory or gracious in defeat. The sort who win a game and like to to gloat a bit. They are usually an embarrassment to the rest of their own fans IMHO.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Puts nothing to bed. Dublin DO have strongest panel in Ireland but you can only 15 at a time. The second list of players above could win Leinster

Problem is when you have a referee as poor as today Kilkenny could well cause an upset in Leinster football championship. But there is such begrudgery that people like to turn a blind eye to it until it hits their own county.

Referees instead of players are all to often the talking point of games. Look back at the previous 2 years games in both codes and the Sunday game is often all about the referees. Hurling is getting as bad.

Yes Dublin have benefited also with also with a few soft frees especially 2011. When O'Rourke, Brolly or Martin Carney call for 2 Dublin teams its is usually after a Leinster match where the opposition have collapsed due to no fault of Dublin just their own lack of strength and preparation.

Well did the each county play it's second best teams today? even if they did would it be a decider for the title of the best second team? TBH making these claims is pointless IMHO, we can't prove it either way and it was used over the past three or four years as an argument to split Dublin, in fact Dublin fans fought to disprove the theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Not half bias with that post. Funny how you seemed to miss Donaghy being fouled constantly from the throw in and rory O Carroll was the biggest offender. He also should have had a penalty in second half.

To try and paint Cooper as some sort of a victim is laughable, right before Paul Murphy dragged Cooper down Cooper let an elbow fly into Murphys jaw that was clearly a yellow and he go away with it. In fact he was using his elbow quite a bit today

Then we have Eoghan O'Gara. Dont really have to say very much about him now do we?

Sounded like sour grapes from Gavin after the game I felt. Stuff about the lads tried to play football, pitch etc etc. He would want to take note and learn some lessons from the game, does he think everyone should go out and play 15 on 15 nicey nice football? It was like he was surprised. He would be advised to play dumb afterwards and go away and come up with a plan for the next episode.

Well if his post was half-biased, you sure more than made up for it by going full-on biased. Then again, you are only a wet week on the site so what would you know?

If Kerry had finished the game with 10 men they couldn't have complained. Still nice to see some Kerry supporters making a big thing out of the game. Two years ago, all I heard was that it was just the league, fully expect that real Kerry supporters still have the attitude that it was just the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

No need to be robbing other people's posts, I'm sure you are well able to put your own thoughs into words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Gotta love that ref lol. I'd say there'll be a few pints bought for him later on for the job his done.

Don't know how he got to ref the game as he was clearly unfit. Several times he delayed Dublin quick frees and kick-outs so that he could jog slowly back into place. Currie was struggling enough and didn't need that.

We are all biased to some extent.

If you actually took time to read my post you will have noticed I said I didnt see the whole game but from the top
    Donaghy should not have been on the pitch in the second half for any penalty. He in a most unsporting way that most don't associate with Kerry teams influences referees by whinging from the throw-in or when things get tough and today was no different.

I saw Cooper / Murphy incident but honestly didnt see Cooper use his elbow on him. If he did the referee should have dealt with it.
    Bastic was very hard done by. These incidents are causing problems in games as one referee gives a card another gives a free.
    O'Gara I am not a fan of but he was no worse than Donaghy today
    I didnt hear Jim Gavin after the match but unlike him to whine about referees but you can only take so much. Nobody expects a nicy approach just fair play and it was seriously missing today.

Most Dubs who go to games would have a lot of respect for Kerry players and teams and that is grand when you have a decent and fair referee but there is no excusing that incompetent **** referee today. He was awful and quite clearly favoured Kerry. When someone like him is in charge of a game he can cause serious damage to a team or the outcome of a competition.
    Thank fcuk he was not in charge in the Aviva today;)

You might want to do a bit of research on that one. Seeing as it was a Dub who first suggested that idea

Reading the Kerry thread you seem a little obsessed & hurt by what a few people posted on another forum. You do realise what one Dublin fan sprouts doesn't mean we all believe the same thing, we all know most Kerry fans aren't as pathetic as you. Kerry deserved their win today, Costello was lucky to stay on the field & Donaghy is a trouble maker first, footballer second. Every Dub on this forum also knows Kerry deserve to be favourites for the AI this year, you were the best team last year & deservedly became champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Can someone point me towards the Computers forum please? I thought this was the Boards.ie GAA forum, but my browser seems to be redirecting me to some sort of Hogan Stand bolloxology. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Can someone point me towards the Computers forum please? I thought this was the Boards.ie GAA forum, but my browser seems to be redirecting me to some sort of Hogan Stand bolloxology. Cheers.

No bother lad.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

From one Kerryman to another- gaga, wind your f*ckin neck in son as you're embarrassing not only yourself but the rest of us on this thread.

Tough game, both teams got some dodgy decisions and us maybe 1 or 2 more but not as much as is being made out.
    Nothing is won on the 1st of March though and I;m sure we'll see ye again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Pretty embarrassing quotes this morning again from Gavin, accusing Fionn of going down easy, blaming ref etc. No mention that they were totally outplayed?

Thought the man had more class than that, I cant remember him winging last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Pretty embarrassing quotes this morning again from Gavin, accusing Fionn of going down easy, blaming ref etc. No mention that they were totally outplayed?

Thought the man had more class than that, I cant remember him winging last year.

The mask has definitely slipped.
    He seems to be feeling the pressure more since his gameplan was demolished by Donegal and alternative methods are proving difficult to implement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

His comments about Fitzgerald are pretty poor, but a guy is entitled to a small moan the odd time without accusations of mask-slippage I think!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement