Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

JRant wrote: »
    There's no insinuating about it. The footage clearly shows there was no headbutt, end of story.

I disagree so yeah, end of story. New game, new battles, new mistakes today by officials, but it will be enjoyable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jaysus Slatts...up 'till 5am...fair play. Hope you don't nod off during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Dermo to score a last second winner.

God I hope so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

From a Dublin perspective, it is great that we have one of our best players playing. However, it is a bit crazy the way red cards can be overturned at times. If the player is not the one that committed the foul or the opposition players dives without having been touched, or just had his perm interfered with, then fair enough, rescind the card. But if a player has done something deserving of a card, then he should walk and not have the card rescinded. As to the match let's hope that Aslan and another set of Dubs will put in a great performance in Croke Park this evening. Up the Dubs.

"How can I get cleared in this craaaaazy world?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭JRant

munster87 wrote: »
    I disagree so yeah, end of story. New game, new battles, new mistakes today by officials, but it will be enjoyable. :)

Should be a great atmosphere as well. Really looking forward to it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Joke decision, could make for some rough stuff today. Still no team announcement?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Joke decision, could make for some rough stuff today. Still no team announcement?!

The first sign of it today and the ref has to start issuing cards. An early black or red will put manners on the lot of them.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

kona wrote: »
    The Mayo tears are so bitter they are sweet. Dublin by 5 and another year of nothing for the roasters.

Jesus Connelly gets off & some people still come across with a massive chip on their shoulder. Mayo are great at moaning at all the injustices they suffer but after this week at least they know they have competition there too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Jaysus Slatts...up 'till 5am...fair play. Hope you don't nod off during the game.

Bringing you news as it happens, when it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

The first sign of it today and the ref has to start issuing cards. An early black or red will put manners on the lot of them.

Why would it put manners on them, after this morning's decision? Sure a red card clearly isn't that big a deal if you appeal hard enough!

I'd say the referee will have a very difficult time trying to keep smacht on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭maximus15

connolly was always going to get off after the keane incident, the only farce bout it is why not let him off after the first appeal instead draggin it out til this late!!

I just hope this hasn't added more fuel and today wil be another battle full of tusslin and off the ball muck!
    Both teams just need to let the football do the talking and the winner deserve their place in the final and not another aftermath of pure controversy where a ref decision has won the game instead of a moment of brilliance!!

Im pretty sur i will be wrong bout the football winnin out!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

DRP statement
    “The Panel’s decision related to lack of fair procedure afforded to Mr. Connolly at an early stage in the GAA’s internal disciplinary process which unfairly hindered the preparations for, and presentation of, his defence. Mr Connolly was thus free to play in the replay of the above match on 5 September.

So long story short, he got off on a technicality. Two weeks until the full report is on the website, but it basically says that the CCCC or CHC didn't do something correctly and that is the reason he got off

Ref needs to put a foot down early. Not giving out yellows for the sake of it but stuff like off the ball grappling we saw so much of last week - yellow each. None of that crap about being lenient early in the game. No suspensions in the dirtiest game of the year where 3-4 could've been banned is a joke.

Dublin need to be far far more disciplined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

For those of you in the know about appeal hearings , would Connolly have to attend each of those hearings the last few nights? Can't think of a worse way to prepare for today's match.
    I'm fairly certain the player has to attend. At least they have to attend the CHC, the DRA could be different as it is independent of the GAA and is more like a courtroom. The Dublin - Armagh appeal was put back a week because Liam Rushe's appeal was also to be heard the same night but he was away on holidays and couldn't attend.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

maximus15 wrote: »
    connolly was always going to get off after the keane incident, the only farce bout it is why not let him off after the first appeal battle full of tusslin and off the ball muck

It never ceases to amaze me about people who have no clue about the disputes procedure yet come out with comments like above that Connolly was always going to get of because of Keane. Many posts like this across facebook and other media. The situations are two completely different cases yet people are blinded by something.

Keane did not get off, the red card was downgraded to a yellow card by the CHC, the first appeals committee leaving him free to play the next game.Big difference to Connolly who looks like he has his case struck out on a technicality I.e. they are not saying he shouldn't have gotten red for his actions after the CHC and the CAC both upheld the ban.

The farce is in three committees correctly suspending a player following a red card and it to be thrown out on a technicality.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain the player has to attend. The Dublin - Armagh appeal was put back a week because Liam Rushe's appeal was also to be heard the same night but he was away on holidays and couldn't attend.

Depends on what stage it is

Depends on what stage it is
    Yeah I just came back to edit my post. Laptop battery had died before I had time to complete it. As I mentioned in the edit. I am not sure how it works with the DRA as it is separate to the GAA and takes a different approach to the CHC and CAC, which he should have attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He'll be playing with the eyes hanging out of his head after those late nights

Eddie will probably give him the line in the first 15 minutes now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

DRP statement

So long story short, he got off on a technicality. Two weeks until the full report is on the website, but it basically says that the CCCC or CHC didn't do something correctly and that is the reason he got off

In any appeals process, technically innocent is the best sort of innocent.

Do we trust Connolly to keep his cool v Keegan? Those 2 clearly don't get on and Dermo is much more likely to lose his ****. Just play football that's all I ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

It never ceases to amaze me about people who have no clue about the disputes procedure yet come out with comments like above that Connolly was always going to get of because of Keane. Many posts like this across facebook and other media. The situations are two completely different cases yet people are blinded by something.

Keane did not get off, the red card was downgraded to a yellow card by the CHC, the first appeals committee leaving him free to play the next game.Big difference to Connolly who looks like he has his case struck out on a technicality I.e. they are not saying he shouldn't have gotten red for his actions after the CHC and the CAC both upheld the ban.

The farce is in three committees correctly suspending a player following a red card and it to be thrown out on a technicality.

Maybe, but given the (albeit brief) explanation given so far it appears that the technicality prevented him from having a fair shot at his appeal. If that's the case then someone dripped the ball and hard to to throw it out

(Though the cynic in me thinks its a bit convenient)

In my mind the Keane situation is actually more farcical and convenient. The idea of downgrade to yellow and pretend there was still some kind if censure frankly stinks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Wow the carry on is laughable around here. Connolly is playing, silly getting off but thats how it is. 15 v 15 let's go can't wait

I'd probably drop Rock now that Connollys available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'd probably drop Rock now that Connollys available.

Could be a game laden with frees if the referee clamps down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Do we trust Connolly to keep his cool v Keegan? Those 2 clearly don't get on and Dermo is much more likely to lose his ****. Just play football that's all I ask.

Dermo will take Keegan to the cleaners today. He'll be disheartened to hear that all his hard work of last week on Connolly all came to nothing and he'll have no clue now what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This ref is very whistle happy lads. I'd want Rock on. Unfortunately it means COC has a purpose other than running round like a headless chicken and chatting in officials ears all game.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Dermo will take Keegan to the cleaners today. He'll be disheartened to hear that all his hard work of last week on Connolly all came to nothing and he'll have no clue now what to do.

That's wishful thinking. Dermo's yet to have a big performance against Keegan who IMO is one of the best footballers in the country. It'll be very tense between the 2 I just hope that Connollys interested in football and not fighting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Right, any more crap from either side will see at least a ban til after the weekend. It's Saturday morning and I'm sick of warnings being ignored so just think before you post or you're gone.
    Report any offending posts. Reacting to posts with personal abuse will also earn you a ban.

So who is going in early today to see Aslan before the game? I'd rather see the ladies game beforehand, it should be a good game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

That's wishful thinking. Dermo's yet to have a big performance against Keegan who IMO is one of the best footballers in the country. It'll be very tense between the 2 I just hope that Connollys interested in football and not fighting.

He'll not get dragged down to Keegan's level again this week,I'm sure of that. We've too see yet if he'll start and if not,what a sub we've got too bring on if the game is going against us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement