Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

36 Points off 13 in Mount Juliet. The place never disappoints, one of the truly great Irish parklands.

Has to be played off the whites to be properly appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

89 strokes off 17 in the intermediate sc today in my home club. would've had a nice .3 cut only ballsed up my card on the computer, it's showing me down as a birdie where I only had par. Gonna ring it in Monday.:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Played terrible in Grange Castle today. 119 strokes. Started with 8,7,7,8. Very erratic the whole way round. Hooked all my tee shots using the 3 and 5 wood. Then sliced most of my irons. Every swing felt unnatural out there. Although, for the first time my putting went well when I eventually got to the green.

I am seriously considering joing GC. I know I can play a lot better out there.

Are yoi back in dublin or still in athlone ? Get you a good deal for athlone ? ;)

If you do join & are looking for someone to sign a card I'd be happy to head out for a round of I'm free

The good doctor is a lovely man and you'd be blessed to have his company!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Absolute shocker in Day 2 captains yesterday in Rathcore. 85 nett off 9.

Hit 2 greens in regulation.
    Lost about 7 balls to water.
    8 penalty shots.
    Hit 6 bunkers.
    Only 1 birdie and 2 pars.
    I was like a sausage with no meat.

I'm staying away from Fix's Hit the Wall thread for now but I may be there soon.

Forced myself to play again today to find some refuge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Rikand wrote: »
    Are yoi back in dublin or still in athlone ? Get you a good deal for athlone ? ;)

Thanks Rik, I'm working in Athlone but commuting daily from Dublin, unfortunately that means mid week golf is pretty much out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

86pts in a team event in Moate today. Great turn out for our annual fundraising / development Classic no doubt helped by the attraction of an opportunity to win a Renault Clio with a hole in one on the 15th. Unfortunately none of us threatened the green and overall nowhere near form for any of us really. Format was all 4 to count on par 3's (3 of them) and 2 to score on the rest. Last years winning score was 105pts so needless to say we wont be in the prizes. First 9 really let us down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

82 off 9 for 36 points around Rathcore today in Stableford comp.

Had a train wreck yesterday so delighted to get back a decent enough round today. Probably one too many putts but good ball striking.

11 Pars
    4 Bogeys
    3 Double

FIR 93%
    GIR 50%
    Putts 35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

83 strokes, 37 points off 12, today in second round of our President's prize today. Nice to put a decent round together again after 36 in the qualifier. It was a serious marathon event, 27 holes today on top of the 18 last week! Only managed 17 on the last 9, pure exhaustion played a big part. Think I finished in the top 15 or so, so I have to be happy.

Bloody frustrating that I missed a cut by 1 shot for the second time in a few weeks. All the more so as I could only manage a double bogey on the last hole.

11 Pars
    4 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 scratch

86pts in a team event in Moate today. Great turn out for our annual fundraising / development Classic no doubt helped by the attraction of an opportunity to win a Renault Clio with a hole in one on the 15th. Unfortunately none of us threatened the green and overall nowhere near form for any of us really. Format was all 4 to count on par 3's (3 of them) and 2 to score on the rest. Last years winning score was 105pts so needless to say we wont be in the prizes. First 9 really let us down.

My brother in laws team came 6th in that. Shot 100 points today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Short game is killing me at the moment as haven't played to my handicap in weeks.one positive is I had my first hole in one today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

76 (+6) today off 7 in the JSC in Slade Valley. First time playing the course and with Dar_Cool. Ideal conditions really and ended up getting my first ever hole in one on the second which plays uphill a little so we weren't sure if it had holed from the tee. Was right at it and pitch mark about 10 feet in front of the hole with the ball at the bottom of the cup.

Great feeling but wasn't long being brought back to reality with a pulled 4 iron OB on the very next tee. Pretty erratic on the first 9 with a double on the 3rd, a bad 3 putt on the 4th and another 3 shots to get down from the apron of the par 3 5th hole. Steadied the ship somewhat after that but another poor bogey on the one and easy par 5 7th after pulling the drive left. Turned in 40 (+5) so looked like another dreaded 0.1 on the cards but played a solid back 9 to finish +6 which amazingly was enough to take 2nd place overall. CSS was 72 so a nice 0.6 cut on the way to bring me to 6.7 and closer to my target.

I hadn't heard a whole lot about Slade Valley before playing apart from it being tricky and it certainly was that. Very tough greens with some serious contours and rolling quite fast. A lovely mix of long and short par 4s and a great strategy course where you have to plot and plan your way round. Apart from the 3rd all the dog legs were to the right so favours a fader more so than some of my violent pulls/hooks. The two members we were out with said you never get crazy scores much in the place and CSS is usually around 34-35pts so that's a welcome break and a big positive in my book. A very enjoyable day out and as always a few shots left behind but moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Played with Dr_Colossus in slade valley scratch cup, Great to see the hole in one, pitched perfectly in front and then disappeared! Hard to tell if it was in the hole or over the green!! Great shot, nice steady round aswell, easily could have been a couple better,
    Had a 77 myself, with no less than 4 double bogies, and 2 bogies, 3 birdies thrown in there aswell, came away very dissappointed but silly mistakes cost me alot, trying to be to clever with pins and ending up in very tricky bunkers, course in lovely condition!! Not many scratch cups left this season:(

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Level Par in the first round of the Captains prize in Carton House O'Meara on Saturday night. It literally was night by the time we finished. Last hole was finished in the dark. Four Birdies on 4,13, 14 & 16 were offset by 2 bogies on 5 & 8 and a double in the dark on 18 when you couldn't see fifty yards in front of you.

Hitting the ball better half decent again after a poor month but short game is not sharp at all. Winter will be spent trying to groove this again as it's costing me at least 3/4 shots a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Level Par in the first round of the Captains prize in Carton House O'Meara on Saturday night. It literally was night by the time we finished. Last hole was finished in the dark. Four Birdies on 4,13, 14 & 16 were offset by 2 bogies on 5 & 8 and a double in the dark on 18 when you couldn't see fifty yards in front of you.

Hitting the ball better half decent again after a poor month but short game is not sharp at all. Winter will be spent trying to groove this again as it's costing me at least 3/4 shots a round.

Not bad, your only 12 shots of the lead I suspect ;)

There was 61 net in the clubhouse when I finished up and I doubt that was bettered :eek:

There was 61 net in the clubhouse when I finished up and I doubt that was bettered :eek:

Some shooting. Guy off 13. Only in my wildest dreams

Yeah was chatting to him after and he lost a ball on the 9th too. Could have been under par only for that.

Can't see him being caught.

Nice shooting, how come it was so dark finishing? Late tee time around 17:00 or an unexpectedly slow course/round

That's ridiculous, it's a par 72 isn't it? Guy of 13 shoots 2 over on what I can imagine is a tough Captain's Prize set up course, what tees were in play? That's seriously embarrassing and makes a bit of a mockery of the game and his handicap.

Nice shooting, how come it was so dark finishing? Late tee time around 17:00 or an unexpectedly slow course/round

That's ridiculous, it's a par 72 isn't it? Guy of 13 shoots 2 over on what I can imagine is a tough Captain's Prize set up course, what tees were in play? That's seriously embarrassing and makes a bit of a mockery of the game and his handicap.

No, Its a par 73 on the O'Meara Course. Played off the white tees which are not the back tees.

I was down in the 2nd last group at 3:17 but there was a huge backlog and half an hour delay before we got off at 3:50. With it being the Captain's prize and strokes, It was 20:40 before the final putt went in. The double on the last was played in the dark

No, Its a par 73 on the O'Meara Course. Played off the white tees which are not the back tees.

I was down in the 2nd last group at 3:17 but there was a huge backlog and half an hour delay before we got off at 3:50. With it being the Captain's prize and strokes, It was 20:40 before the final putt went in. The double on the last was played in the dark

Yeah I was out around 8 and still took 5 hours, way to much d1cking around in front of us.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was out around 8 and still took 5 hours, way to much d1cking around in front of us.

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

hey lads just a quick 1.

I had 37 points on my home course the weekend off 22 (21.5) should I not get 0.1 of a cut. checked the gui site and my score is up but no cut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

benny79 wrote: »
    hey lads just a quick 1.

I had 37 points on my home course the weekend off 22 (21.5) should I not get 0.1 of a cut. checked the gui site and my score is up but no cut :(

Depend on CSS. Check the CSS and ND columns on Golfnet. If ND is 0 or > 1 then CSS was 37 or greater.

hey lads just a quick 1.

Sounds like the CSS was 37pts so no cut. If the CSS had been 36 pts you'd have got a 0.4 cut being a category 4 player (only cat 1 players - up to 5 handicap - get cuts of 0.1). The CSS should be up with the results so you can check that to confirm.

How did you get on?

Poor enough card, net 5 over.

Silly mistakes led to a triple on 4 and double on 7. Was standing around ages on the tee boxes and just lost concentration. Apart from that was solid enough stuff.

Kinda glad I just missed the cut rather than just sneak in. Would find it hard to motivate myself to play in the final 16 shots behind :)

Poor enough card, net 5 over.

Silly mistakes led to a triple on 4 and double on 7. Was standing around ages on the tee boxes and just lost concentration. Apart from that was solid enough stuff.

Kinda glad I just missed the cut rather than just sneak in. Would find it hard to motivate myself to play in the final 16 shots behind :)

His to lose now alright

Must get a game with you up there

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Saturday -33pts
    1 birdie
    7 pars
    8 bogeys
    2 doubles

Bad start with a 3 putt from 12 ft, followed by a double on the 2nd but managed to turn with 16pts, back 9 was a bit better but my putting killed me. 5 3 putts in total.
    FIR 9/14
    GIR 7/18
    36 PUTTS
    0.1 back

Sunday - 34pts
    1 birdie
    8 pars
    7 bogeys
    2 doubles

Another frustrating round, started double, double, bogey, bogey. Improved slightly after that.

FIR 5/14
    GIR 7/18
    31 PUTTS
    In the buffer.

I need to get back practicing, haven't done anything in 4 weeks. A few evenings on the puttng green should help. My starts have also let me down recently, have failed to get 4 points out of the first 2 holes in 8 of my last 10 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Depend on CSS. Check the CSS and ND columns on Golfnet. If ND is 0 or > 1 then CSS was 37 or greater.

ND has 2 in it. SSS has 70, and CSS 69. The course is a par 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

ND has 2 in it. SSS has 70, and CSS 69. The course is a par 72.

Sounds like CSS was 39. You need minus numbers (and red) in ND to get cut. Unlucky but still a good round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Very poor round in our August medal on Sunday, 91 strokes off 11 for a net 80 :o

Never got firing really at all. Started off with a double on the first which should have a been at worst an easy bogey. Was about 60yrds out in the middle of the fairway after 2.

Then whiffed the ball on the next tee box, rolled 3 feet to the left & into a small hole on the side of the tee box. its a short enough par 5 & it took me 4 shots to reach the fairway. Managed a 7, getting down in 3 from about 195yrs out so was happy with how I finished the hole.

Never really managed to catch up at all. Played some holes well & made some nice up & downs.

Finished with 30 putts, so I took 61 stokes negotiating the rest of the course.

Thats my worst round of the year on my home course.

The one positive was I put the SLDR mini into the bag & on the whole I hit it pretty well all day from the tee. In particular on the run of holes from 12-16 I struck long straight drives straight down my target line.

Need to get myself sorted out before next Sunday, playing my first ever scratch cup out in Royal Curragh!

Advertisement