Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tones69 wrote: »
    Yep i played it back over a month ago in perfect sunny firm conditions. Hit 4i on 2,3,4,7. Funny how when u take long irons off the tee its hard to mess a hole up :). Greens there were class. Gonna hit there tuesday week me thinks

Love the place, I'll be heading out there Tuesday.
    Only bad thing about the open is that it's 4 balls.

Played it last week and no driver until the back 9 (probably worth a whack on 9 tbf).

On Topic: Saying that I scored crap there last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

38 pts in Enniscorthy with 4 1 pointers & a scratch. 3 birdies kept the card together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

85 blows in the monthly medal yesterday in Cahir Park, 7 pars, 1birdie, 5bogeys and 5 doubles. Splitting fairways which was unheard of country for me 3 months ago (78.6%), just seem to be able to see a hole out a lot better having a shot. Had 3 shanks on uphill lies which resulted in doubles, top of leader board after day 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Was threatening to break 70 in my last few posts. Smashed it with a 5 over par 77 at home on Friday evening.

Driver clicked big style on the front nine. Putter was hot the whole way around.

Over the moon. Was struggling to break 90 this time last year.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/228-24576479-24576719

P.S. Went to Claremorris yesterday. Course kicked my ass. 26 points. Greens like lightning. Would highly recommend the course. Got a 12pm tee time on a Saturday through GolfNow for €10 to boot. Outstanding value.
    No time to rest in laurels in this bloody game. Was a bit hungover to TBF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The less said about today's round the better! It was terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Played the best golf of my life today, was one over for the front 9 and 5 over for the back 9.

77 gross off 12 the pic says it's a 64 but it's a 65 handicap set up wrong in golfshot. Might be good enough for the win of my clubs presidents prize.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Was threatening to break 70 in my last few posts. Smashed it with a 5 over par 77 at home on Friday evening.

Driver clicked big style on the front nine. Putter was hot the whole way around.

Over the moon. Was struggling to break 90 this time last year.

http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/228-24576479-24576719

P.S. Went to Claremorris yesterday. Course kicked my ass. 26 points. Greens like lightning. Would highly recommend the course. Got a 12pm tee time on a Saturday through GolfNow for €10 to boot. Outstanding value.
    No time to rest in laurels in this bloody game. Was a bit hungover to TBF.

Claremorris is in the best condition it has ever been in. Their open week was only €7. Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

78 around beech park in the scratch cups in windy conditions, bloody 6 on the 18th removed any chances of winning it, gutted is an understatement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

First time playing as a member today, so first card for the handicap in.

Due to lack of ability played mostly to the greens with the 5 wood and 9 iron.

Managed a couple of pars, but bloody loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Very poor round (nett 82) in Captains Qualifier in Moate this morning. Hadnt played since 3rd August and it showed. Apart from my driver I was all over the place. Irons let me down really badly.

The final is on next week so I will be looking for an open somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

26 points. Played bad. Not hitting a ball with a week told a lot. Had a laugh and chipped in on 18 for a bird

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

dar_cool wrote: »
    78 around beech park in the scratch cups in windy conditions, bloody 6 on the 18th removed any chances of winning it, gutted is an understatement!!

81 for me in Beech Park - 6 shots blown on 2 holes left me out of it.

78 wont be too far away - the greens were zippy.

etxp wrote: »
    Played the best golf of my life today, was one over for the front 9 and 5 over for the back 9.

77 gross off 12 the pic says it's a 64 but it's a 65 handicap set up wrong in golfshot. Might be good enough for the win of my clubs presidents prize.

Was enough to win presidents prize just thought I would come in and brag haha. Kicked in an ESR aswell so got cut 2.2 in total. Happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

85 blows in the monthly medal yesterday in Cahir Park, 7 pars, 1birdie, 5bogeys and 5 doubles. Splitting fairways which was unheard of country for me 3 months ago (78.6%), just seem to be able to see a hole out a lot better having a shot. Had 3 shanks on uphill lies which resulted in doubles, top of leader board after day 2 :-)

Won it by a stroke. First outright win in a medal. Last 3 rounds -5, buffer, -3. Will that trigger an ESR? Chuffed.

Won it by a stroke. First outright win in a medal. Last 3 rounds -5, buffer, -3. Will that trigger an ESR? Chuffed.

Great stuff Slice, congrats.

You need to beat it by -4 each time for it to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Played the west course in Powerscourt today. 120 strokes, was largely pretty decent getting to within about 15 feet of the greens, and was then absolutely useless from there. On the 14th I got to the bottom of the hill at the front of the green in 2, playing into a strong wind. Then 2 duffed chips and 2 awful putts (and 1 that circled the hole before dropping) and walked away with a 7.

3 wood off the tee worked very well on 11 of the 14 holes which I was quite happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played in our presidents prize qualifier and had thirteen 4's on my card. The rest were 3,5,6,7,9.

Result was a 77 nett but i might avoid .1 if they use stableford adjustment ? It would have been 34 points with the two blanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Played in our presidents prize qualifier and had thirteen 4's on my card. The rest were 3,5,6,7,9.

Result was a 77 nett but i might avoid .1 if they use stableford adjustment ? It would have been 34 points with the two blanks...

lol

I got cut for this.

Gross score 82 - Adjusted gross score 79 - nett score 74 and standard scratch was 75 so I got a cut of 0.1

There's a lot to be sad for not giving up when the round is not going your way. Finished with 7 straight pars. :) (5,4,4,4,4,3,4)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

charlieIRL wrote: »
    The less said about today's round the better! It was terrible!

At least you had company! 27 points, worst round of the year, enough said. :rolleyes:

36 points off 15 in St Anne's today.
    Strange, strange, strange game.
    Was fairly solid off the tee.
    Was woeful with my irons.... The worst I've hit them in ages.
    But was class around the greens, loads of up and downs and was sinking them from everywhere.

Got plenty off luck along the way.
    The wind was up a little so hoping for CSS of 35 to get me to 14.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    36 points off 15 in St Anne's today.
    Strange, strange, strange game.
    Was fairly solid off the tee.
    Was woeful with my irons.... The worst I've hit them in ages.
    But was class around the greens, loads of up and downs and was sinking them from everywhere.

Got plenty off luck along the way.
    The wind was up a little so hoping for CSS of 35 to get me to 14.

Just checked their website.
    3rd Place finish :) lost 2nd place on count back
    Winner with 39... 36,36 and 4th 35.
    No mention of the CSS yet but I think I can take it that I'm down to 14.... Happy days.

Just checked their website.
    3rd Place finish :) lost 2nd place on count back
    Winner with 39... 36,36 and 4th 35.
    No mention of the CSS yet but I think I can take it that I'm down to 14.... Happy days.

Jaysus your becoming quite the links wizard, easy knowing your from the whessstttt!!!

Jaysus your becoming quite the links wizard, easy knowing your from the whessstttt!!!

Think I like the tough conditions :)
    Helps focus this stupid mind of mine!!

Have had 3 lovely cuts this year from really low CSS's.
    36- European
    34- Heritage
    36- St Anne's

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

finally getting back into the swing of things after years out of the game as one of the lads has taken up playing, played hollystown with a friend,
    shot 92 and i was hungover to bits
    5 three putts was annoying
    driver was ok
    short iorns were ok
    putiing was bad
    i felt like i left a few shots
    going to play edmonstown hopefully this week and will be happy to break 90, steady as she goes
    my offical handicap is 23.5 but havent played a comp in 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Think I like the tough conditions :)
    Helps focus this stupid mind of mine!!

Have had 3 lovely cuts this year from really low CSS's.
    36- European
    34- Heritage
    36- St Anne's

Well done PARlance - do you only pick courses you can get cuts on :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

After a poor round in a local jnr scratch cup at the weekend, I had a really solid -1 round off 5 this evening. Just a casual fourball but happy with how I played. Pity no cut to be had tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

35pts in tramore yesterday took out a demo ping g30 driver hit some lovely drives till the 18th which il normally use a 4i off the tee. Not yesterday used driver handy par5 said id try smash 1 haha some dope drove it out of bounds. 39pts won the comp gutted

71 Gross around luttrellstown today in there open, -1 for a 43 pointer of 6, delighted is an understatement, was never in any trouble and the putter was hot, thanks to Rollotomasi for the great company, didn't play your best but still a serious golfer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

71 Gross around luttrellstown today in there open, -1 for a 43 pointer of 6, delighted is an understatement, was never in any trouble and the putter was hot, thanks to Rollotomasi for the great company, didn't play your best but still a serious golfer!!

Wow congrats, first sub par round? Great achievement and especially in Luttrellstown as no easy track (presume it was from the white tees). Class course made all the better by the great round, nice handicap cut to boot as doubt CSS will be much higher than 36 or 37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Great golf to watch and no dramas - you could have easily been one or two better. I hope you bring home the crystal today!

Advertisement