Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think Gary, Leslie and Frenchy are some of the most entertaining housemates ever... Comedy gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah Gary is funny and not as stupid as he is letting on to be.

Loved when he found out Frenchie cut up the clothes he said "She's fun" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I just feel really sorry for Gary... I really like him, fair enough he seems cracked but I don't think they are taking into account that he is 70 years old.... and is cracked... I really hope he is kept in

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

That is no act from Gary Busey. He's legitimately nuts. I worked with one of his best friends, Bill Katt, in the states. He would always be getting calls from Gary and would always start with "Gary, calm down and think about what you're saying". This happened often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

unjedilike wrote: »
    That is no act from Gary Busey. He's legitimately nuts. I worked with one of his best friends, Bill Katt, in the states. He would always be getting calls from Gary and would always start with "Gary, calm down and think about what you're saying". This happened often.
    Pics or it didn't happen, yea
    Gary has problems.
    But he is acting it up. He is messing with them, and sometimes he falls back into his own mind. But he still knows what he is doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think it's really fcuking rude of the housemates to say they hate repeating themselves for Gary.
    The man has a hearing problem, ffs, stop being cruel.
    I actually want Gary to win.
    Or Audley. I love Audley beyond words.

Don't see what Edele's contributing and James is a tw*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

deco nate wrote: »
    Gary has problems.
    But he is acting it up. He is messing with them, and sometimes he falls back into his own mind. But he still knows what he is doing
    Hard to know with him,i think he tries to be to clever even for himself.
    Some times he thinks he is playing the game but slips back in to good old Gary.
    I am not the most tolerant person but you got to give a man his age and what has happened with him a free pass as much as he would wind you up and try and treat it humoursly.

Young spoilt kids today don't know how to treat old people with respect and tolerance for their ailments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's been pretty darn good in fairness. As much as I feel sorry for Gary and think he shouldn't be in there, not least without some sort of personal carer, he makes for tv gold.

James is an absolute twat.

Edele is a bit of a non entity. Think I remember finding her quite unlikeable in the Irish Apprentice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fussyonion wrote: »
    Don't see what Edele's contributing
    Edele is a bit of a non entity. Think I remember finding her quite unlikeable in the Irish Apprentice too.

It is probably fair to say that Edele is the least talked-about housemate by quite a bit... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

deco nate wrote: »
    Gary has problems.
    What sort of pic would you like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

unjedilike wrote: »
    What sort of pic would you like?

I was joking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I think it is an absolute disgrace that the other housemate weren't told, and people on ere don't seem to know either: that Gary Busey suffered severe brain damage after an accident. And in fact they shouldn't have let him go in there either...not really lookingbout for him are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Merkin wrote: »
    I think Gary, Leslie and Frenchy are some of the most entertaining housemates ever... Comedy gold!

I've given this show a complete miss for years, but not been hooked on it since the year Kate Lawlor won......the mix of strong characters and loons is fascinating, the celebrity version that had George Galloway in was quite entertaining too

James is a prize A-hole

I think Audley explained his reasons for feeling uncomfortable pretty well. I get what he meant.

Surely Kellie would have had conselling sessions by now with regards to how other people (who knew her personally as a man) may react to her change in gender?

I think he did too. He was very honest and I don't honestly believe it was due to some deeply ingrained prejudices specific to gender more what he said, he just needs a few days to get used to a person he's known for so long under a different guise.

Audley is the only one in the house that knew Kellie as Frank, so of course there is going to be awkwardness.When Audley 1st met Kellie he accepted her very well

Poor Gary I feel bad for him, I hope yer one goes not sure of her name, the girl that shouted at him

Not a fan of James but like how he is trying with Gary

Gary to win:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow. I can't believe Audley was called to the diary room for his nomination.

At least two other HMs stood up and humiliated Gary in front of everyone, calling him dirty, a bad role model, screaming at him to shut up etc., yet when Audley stated his perfectly valid reason calmly, eloquently and honestly, he was rebuked for being offensive? What bullshit is this??

The sooner that sulky, hypocritical martyr Kellie is gone, the better. She's gotten on my last nerve this week. Unfortunately, I reckon Frenchy's going to leave instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I hope Kelly goes. And I can't stand Dee, the doctor Phil routine is getting old. I felt really bad for Gary during nominations, most of the other housemates just havn't been patient with him at all. As much as James is a complete tool, at least he made an effort with Gary a bit in the last few days.

Really hope Kellie goes too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Pathetic the way those nonentities are over compensating with their lack of respect for Gary Busey..
    You can tell they are Starstruck but not letting it get in the way of their 'Game-Plan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The nomination I found most astounding was Ricci's. Gary's a bad role model for his future children?? The lad stars in a reality show about being getting blind drunk most nights, swearing a lot and shagging anything that moves!

Gary's got better values and more talent in his little finger than that idiot will ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I was impressed with Audley for the reaction on his face when that little cow was balling Gary out,he looked shocked and saddened.

Big Brothers reaction to what Audley said was pathetic in its attempt to be trendy right on when they knew what he had meant and they had him in the house there specifically to get that reaction,i know a lot of boxers in that macho world would not even talk to Frank/Kellie for fear of the stick they would get in the boxing world.

Moloney has a bit of a cheek anyway trying to turn Audleys awkwardness in to prejudice's when he has run for elections not so long ago proudly portraying his own prejudices.Pity anyone does not know this to fire it back at him.Does no one use google before they go in?

James at least is trying to respect Gary with all his faults,which are many but he is trying,and I would say he is reacting to the booing he got but I have to say he was trying before that so I think that stands to him.

Wonder is Gary so clever that this is a game plan to be so bad and then say he is trying to correct his faults to garner symphaty.

The nomination I found most astounding was Ricci's. Gary's a bad role model for his future children?? The lad stars in a reality show about being getting blind drunk most nights, swearing a lot and shagging anything that moves!

Gary's got better values and more talent in his little finger than that idiot will ever have.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

My heart broke last night watching Gary being nominated I really have developed a major soft spot for him. It just looked like an ageing, haggard man being disrespected by pompous brats. I really hope Stephanie goes both for how she has treated Gary and for the way she is playing up to George. I can't see Frenchie going as she is a great character

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think it's awful that Audley was warned that his "behaviour" could be seen as offensive.

What kind of world are we now living in that a man can't be honest and say he feels uncomfortable living with a person he's known half his life who's now changed gender?
    Wouldn't everyone?

If Kellie Maloney was my Dad, it'd take me a hell of a long time to come to terms with it. Does Big Brother expect Audley to just accept it?
    I think it's bad on BB's side that they warned him. He gave perfectly acceptable reasons, in my opinion.

I really dislike Kellie. She is taking every nomination and criticism to heart. Did she really think that everyone would just love her in the BB house?
    She can't take criticism or nominations and when people try to talk to her, she pushes them away.
    Get her out!

Stephanie behaved appallingly towards Gary last night; are they all seeing him as something other than a nice man?
    I think he's lovely and I sincerely hope Stephanie gets a warning for shouting at him like that; Gary to win!

What is with Edele and her sourpuss face?
    No wonder she's got massive wrinkles around her eyebrows; she frowns all the time!
    I really like Claire and Dee but I'm not falling for Leslie's act. At first, I thought he'd be entertaining but there's something sly about him I don't like.

PS When is the final night?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

The housemates who are being nasty to poor Gary have no idea that the way big brother has worked in the past with the viewers is that it will be Gary who will win the show. The non celebrities that are Stephanie will be voted out and forgotten very quickly in the house. The public will take the likes of Gary to there hearts seeing an old man being picked on. Stephanie should be getting a warning over her behaviour towards Gary during the face to face nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I missed big brother and what they said to Audley. I think that it's terrible if they gave him a warning over his nomination. I think his explanation was fine. I'd find it difficult to easily except a male I knew who turned into a female . You can't just expect him to be perfectly ok with it, he has never been mean to kellie or said anything unkind either. Totally uncalled for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Maybe I missed something but Audley didn't actually receive a warning did he?

They reminded him of the rules, told him his nomination may offend and asked him to explain further what he meant. They never actually said "we are giving you a warning".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dilly.

Merkin wrote: »
    James is a prize A-hole

Why is James gettin such a bad reaction? Is it because he hangs around with the younger ones?

Advertisement