Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2014

Options

Comments

Pmsl he didn't have a clue who she was when he walked into the house!

Big respect to frenchy for not taking it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

tipptom wrote: »
    You want to see a programme from a couple of years ago called celebrity rehab.
    Our Gary arrived in and started counselling the other patients about their illnesses and addictions and generally giving the sh*t about their weaknesses much to the other celebritys bemusement.
    Eventually management had to explain to Gary that HE was a patient there but Gary wasn't having it.

It took another few days for the penny to drop for poor Gary.

In his defence though VH1 admitted they put it in his contract that he would appear on the show as a mentor and not a patient, just to get him on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Did Gary have any plastic surgery. The side of his face seems to be slightly droopy and his teeth look massive. I tuned in on first night and said to my wife I won't be watching this lot this year..then Gary came on and I'm gonna watch it purely for him. To me he is "pappas"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Did Gary have any plastic surgery. The side of his face seems to be slightly droopy and his teeth look massive. I tuned in on first night and said to my wife I won't be watching this lot this year..then Gary came on and I'm gonna watch it purely for him. To me he is "pappas"

Oh Point Break such a great film

Even though I wouldn't class her as a celeb, White Dee is definitely good to watch.

Can see her with a show like Dr Phil lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

bopper wrote: »
    In his defence though VH1 admitted they put it in his contract that he would appear on the show as a mentor and not a patient, just to get him on the show.
    Didn't know that,i have been maligning Gary wrongly,maybe hes not as mad as I thought but still pretty cukoo.It will all end I tears though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Get me two!

Yeah, Gary has had plastic surgery but it all began really back in '88 when he came off his Harley when he wasn't wearing a helmet and fractured his skull on the kurb. He underwent brain surgery for the injury.

Ironically, just weeks before he had appeared at meetings to ban the proposals to make the wearing of helmets mandatory.

In 1997 he had a tumour removed from his sinus also.

The man is a legend.

A classic interview here from a year after the accident (go to the 12m22s mark):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Get me two!

Yeah, Gary has had plastic surgery but it all began really back in '88 when he came off his Harley when he wasn't wearing a helmet and fractured his skull on the kurb. He underwent brain surgery for the injury.

Ironically, just weeks before he had appeared at meetings to ban the proposals to make the wearing of helmets mandatory.

In 1997 he had a tumour removed from his sinus also.

The man is a legend.

A classic interview here from a year after the accident (go to the 12m22s mark):

That interview was brillant!! But he is proper mental in on CBB so far....

Get me two!

Two bricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

All kicking off in there tonight....entertaining so far.

• Advertisement

Told ya, Dr Dee!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

gg2 wrote: »
    That interview was brillant!! But he is proper mental in on CBB so far....

Oh my god he's a different person on cbb. He seems pretty fine after that accident. Had he another one after this one? He really doesn't seem to be a there in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Tonight was just great viewing. Lesley is going to blow a little gasket. Frenchy is crazy and made for great viewing. Kellie is am aggressive little sh!t, that's a few times now she has squared up to people really aggressively. Not a huge amount of coverage of Gary tonight who just cracks me up. Compelling viewing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Omg.

Right, sorry, but as soon as Kellie went in, I felt unnerved.
    I DON'T have an issue with people confused by their gender; each to their own and all that, BUT there's something about Kellie that I don't like.
    It's like she's pretending she's a woman for a laugh and I don't say that lightly.
    She isn't behaving like a woman.

And I think it's appalling that she called Leslie a queen. How insulting is that?
    She even threw a tantrum because Leslie said she was least entertaining...KELLIE OUT.

Frenchy seems deranged. Leslie is genuine, I feel, as is Dee.

You know something? This is the first CBB I am finding boring and I don't want any of them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

fussyonion wrote: »
    Omg.

Right, sorry, but as soon as Kellie went in, I felt unnerved.
    I DON'T have an issue with people confused by their gender; each to their own and all that, BUT there's something about Kellie that I don't like.
    It's like she's pretending she's a woman for a laugh and I don't say that lightly.
    She isn't behaving like a woman.

And I think it's appalling that she called Leslie a queen. How insulting is that?

Oh God, I feel exactly the same way. Something's very...off. She's reverting back to Frank far too much.

The old queen comment seems to be harking back to homophobic comments she made when she was standing as a UKIP candidate as Frank Moloney a while back. There's an underlying nastiness there that's starting to come out from beneath the mask slowly but surely. I don't like her at all.

This is shaping up to be a very explosive series so far.

Oh God, I feel exactly the same way. Something's very...off. She's reverting back to Frank far too much.

The old queen comment seems to be harking back to homophobic comments she made when she was standing as a UKIP candidate as Frank Moloney a while back. There's an underlying nastiness there that's starting to come out from beneath the mask slowly but surely. I don't like her at all.

This is shaping up to be a very explosive series so far.

This is what I mean!

For someone trying to be the person they think they should have been, she's reverting to Frank an awful lot.

I don't see a woman. I see a bloke. In everything she does and in everything she says.

I'm not trying to make that comment look nasty...you see any transgender person on the street and they'll behave like the person they've been TRYING to be all this time,, but Kellie ISN'T being like that.
    And to call Leslie a queen is just plain homophobic.

Didn't know Frank stood for UKIP...I think the public have been programmed into feeling sorry for her/him, but I'm afraid it's not going to wash.
    Especially if he/she's going to throw tantrums just 'cos Leslie had to vote for someone!

It IS an explosive series,I'll grant you...just don't think I like any of them enough for them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I would hate to live with her but I kind of like Frenchy-entertainment wise.
    Did anyone see bit on the psych? Was it just me or did Luisa seem to have a sulk on all night. Like someone took her dummy.
    Did anyone see the clip with Gary in the shower? I nearly wet myself laughing :)

Did I hear right that when Leslie came down the stairs from the diary room and approached kellie and the row happened after Leslie was holding onto kellies arm that kellie verbally threatened Leslie. I think I heard something along the lines of knocking him out. If anyone has it on sky+ have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Did I hear right that when Leslie came down the stairs from the diary room and approached kellie and the row happened after Leslie was holding onto kellies arm that kellie verbally threatened Leslie. I think I heard something along the lines of knocking him out. If anyone has it on sky+ have a look at it.

Yes, she called him an old queen and said if he touched her again she'd 'knock him spark out'.

I hope she gets a warning for that.

All I remember is Kellie saying to Leslie "You're just a queen looking for attention".
    He/she can talk. Bloody prancing around in women's clothes.

• Advertisement

Yes, she called him an old queen and said if he touched her again she'd 'knock him spark out'.

I thought I heard it. I'd say in tomorrow's show that kellie will get the warning.
    I think kellie seems to have gotten more like "man" in her mannerisms the more she is getting stressed out. I have a feeling she is gonna walk.
    I'm quite impressed with dee.. She is coming across very well.
    I would love to have seen audley even raise his fist towards that fella I can't remember his name. His "I'm not scared of you audley" was great tv. It seemed obvious he was sh*#%ing himself!but acted brave in front of George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Sounded like:

"You're a little queen that tries to cover your tracks" and "Point at me again and I'll knock you spark out".

BB always leaves the warnings until the next day when people calm down, so I'd say for sure Maloney will.

Leslie is very sly though and I think it was very provoking after being told not to point from a distance, and then again not to do it from a few feet away.. to yet then stick his finger right into Maloney's face. I think he did on purposefully to get a reaction. He's been playing a game more than anyone for me. Constantly hinting at who people should be voting for also.

I think it's ridiculous the amount of threatening behavior that has been allowed this year, considering that housemates have been removed for less. Daley for example was removed for what was clearly tongue in cheek play fighting with Hazel O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I think it's ridiculous the amount of threatening behavior that has been allowed this year, considering that housemates have been removed for less. Daley for example was removed for what was clearly tongue in cheek play fighting with Hazel O'Sullivan.

The difference there is Daley put his hands on someone and I certainly don't think he was removed for less than anything we've seen this year. As much as I agree that threatening behaviour needs to be dealt with, if they remove someone on the basis of a verbal threat we'd be down (at least) 5 housemates this series already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Funny everyone is complaining about Kellie being threatening to leslie, did ye not see leslie raise his hand to Frenchie?

leslie is nasty little man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Gary Busy is really gone in the head isn't he.....if not it's his best performance ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Frank Maloney is on the verge of bankruptcy, would not be one bit surprised if this is an act he is putting on in order to cash in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Frank Maloney is on the verge of bankruptcy, would not be one bit surprised if this is an act he is putting on in order to cash in

Myself and my mrs agree it is all an act he is putting on. Amazing that it was announced so soon before the show, I'd never heard of him til then and thought "what off it" at the time until I heard he was going on BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Right, James needs to go this week and Gary Busey needs to win. I absolutely love him. He's my favourite housemate since Josie when it was on channel 4. Gary Busey is just hilarious! "We've been together 32 lifetimes," hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Cannot.deal.with.GARY!!!!

He is too fcuking much to bear :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Gary Busey needs to win. I absolutely love him. He's my favourite housemate since Josie when it was on channel 4. Gary Busey is just hilarious! "We've been together 32 lifetimes," hilarious! :D
    Cannot.deal.with.GARY!!!!

He is too fcuking much to bear :mad:

Sharply contrasting opinions, there. :o:D;)

Advertisement