Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was on a korean game show!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Brilliant! State of that Kiwi lad!

He won the over all show! the Koreans loved him thought he was sex on legs hahaha!

Pyridine wrote: »
    Are you the Chinese looking brunette OP?

Crazily I'm the one in the green irish dancing dress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

aob85 wrote: »
    Crazily I'm the one in the green irish dancing dress!

You did well, AOB - 잘했습니다.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I've always been interested in Korean culture (being a lover of k-pop, k-drama and the arts..)

Eh since Gangnam Style I take it? :P

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Eh since Gangnam Style I take it? :P

haha no,
    for the past 7 years id say i've been listening to korean music and watching k-dramas and films :)

• Advertisement

You did well, AOB - 잘했습니다.!

감사!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

haha no,
    for the past 7 years id say i've been listening to korean music and watching k-dramas and films :)

I've got a thing for Korean serial killer movies, they're just amazing ;)

Don't suppose you got to see Lee Byung Hun over there? He's sex on legs :D

Links234 wrote: »
    I've got a thing for Korean serial killer movies, they're just amazing ;)

Don't suppose you got to see Lee Byung Hun over there? He's sex on legs :D

Aw they're brilliant! I take it you've seen Old Boy? I'm too afraid to watch the remake, im terrified they've butchered it :(
    'A Tale of Two Sisters' is another classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

haha that's brilliant. You looked delighted with life when you entered! :L
    Looks like it was great fun :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Who were the hangers on waving the big Tri-Colour? Did they follow you around for the week?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Was the answer Korea?

Aw they're brilliant! I take it you've seen Old Boy? I'm too afraid to watch the remake, im terrified they've butchered it :(
    'A Tale of Two Sisters' is another classic
    Of course, one of the best movies ever! Wouldn't look at the remake, no thanks. A Tale of Two Sisters had me scared ****less! :eek:

If you like Oldboy, have you seen I Saw The Devil? One of my favourites, it's from the sale director as A Tale of Two Sisters, it's amazing and just relentless.

Of course, one of the best movies ever! Wouldn't look at the remake, no thanks. A Tale of Two Sisters had me scared ****less! :eek:

If you like Oldboy, have you seen I Saw The Devil? One of my favourites, it's from the sale director as A Tale of Two Sisters, it's amazing and just relentless.

Oh and no I didnt see the sexy Lee Byung Hun :( although...maybe thats a good thing cause i would of made a COMPLETE show of myself on camera hahaha
    Oh he's in I saw the devil too actualy! Aw its a brilliant film, but a hard one to sit through :O

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Who were the hangers on waving the big Tri-Colour? Did they follow you around for the week?!

They were random Irish people living in Korea, and a few from the irish embassy over there.. I contacted a few Irish on facebook to let them know about the show. Ha i have to say, they where the loudest crowd! Brilliant! Even when i lost and i couldnt possibly win...they were still screaming "CMON IRELAAAAAAND!!!" hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Martin Clunes!

Aw its a brilliant film, but a hard one to sit through :O

Isn't it though? Bleak doesn't begin to describe it. Oh, and have you seen The Chaser?

The Koreans know how to make a good movie that's for sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

They were random Irish people living in Korea, and a few from the irish embassy over there.. I contacted a few Irish on facebook to let them know about the show. Ha i have to say, they where the loudest crowd! Brilliant! Even when i lost and i couldnt possibly win...they were still screaming "CMON IRELAAAAAAND!!!" hahaha

Typical Irish support then, all about the party and not the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

What an amazing achievement aob. Well done you.
    I watched some of the video but I couldn't work out what kind of questions were been asked and how the whole concept worked, were the questions translated to you through an earpiece or something? Also what kind of prizes were on offer. It looked like a very popular game show over there, is it a weekly thing? Sorry for all the questions but you've sparked my curiosity.

What an amazing achievement aob. Well done you.
    I watched some of the video but I couldn't work out what kind of questions were been asked and how the whole concept worked, were the questions translated to you through an earpiece or something? Also what kind of prizes were on offer. It looked like a very popular game show over there, is it a weekly thing? Sorry for all the questions but you've sparked my curiosity.

Yeah the show is HUGE over there, it would be like The Rose of Tralee or Eurovision i guess. All families stay in and watch it together. Koreans simply love other countries that take an interest in their culture :D Its on once a year, and this is only the second show. First prize was the car, second and third was about 10,000euro each to spend in korea. but throughout the week all the different places we visited, kept giving us gifts. I got a lovely watch from KBS too.
    We also ate in really expensive restaurants and went to concerts, and the theater and other festivals...not to mention museums and all the historical sites we also stayed in 5 star hotels...id say over all i spent about 100euro!! South Korea truly is a beautiful country, its well worth a visit.
    Oh and btw they LOVE the Irish! they see us as 'Brother Countries'!

Isn't it though? Bleak doesn't begin to describe it. Oh, and have you seen The Chaser?

The Koreans know how to make a good movie that's for sure ;)

Havent seen The Chaser yet, but its on my to watch list ;) Have you ever seen 'Iris'? It one of the most successful korean drama thrillers.. I think youd love it, Lee-Byung Hun is in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I was about to say the Koreans remind me of the Irish they are always up for the craic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Really brilliant op! Well done!

Were you on your own or did the prize allow you bring a +1?

Do you have a blog or fb page where you have photos up?? (you should think about it if you don't!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Skipped to 5.10

Yes I would.

Ended video.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Skipped to 5.10

Yes I would.

Ended video.

Did the exact same thing . lol

Let me know if that link doesnt work..

I wasnt given any extra tickets fr +1
    but tbh i made so many great friends over there. I shared a room with the Austrian contestant for the week, we really bonded :)
    Ill be visiting her in a month or two over in austria cant wait!
    And most of us are returning to Seoul, Korea in August for a 'Quiz on Korea' Reunion :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Gamayun wrote: »
    5:10 for OP

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

All Jokes aside, was it like going for gold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Was there any shagging between the contestants or some loven afterwards do you know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ill be visiting her in a month or two over in austria cant wait! And most of us are returning to Seoul, Korea in August for a 'Quiz on Korea' Reunion :D" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/obrienalana/media_set?set=a.10151690982188353.1073741828.68

Let me know if that link doesnt work..

I wasnt given any extra tickets fr +1
    but tbh i made so many great friends over there. I shared a room with the Austrian contestant for the week, we really bonded :)
    Ill be visiting her in a month or two over in austria cant wait!
    And most of us are returning to Seoul, Korea in August for a 'Quiz on Korea' Reunion :D

Brilliant!

No doesn't work.
    You should set up a page that people (we!) can all like and you can upload your pics there.

Prob best to delete this link as it is to your personal fbpage :)

• Advertisement

Havent seen The Chaser yet, but its on my to watch list ;) Have you ever seen 'Iris'? It one of the most successful korean drama thrillers.. I think youd love it, Lee-Byung Hun is in it

I'll check it out! ;)

Advertisement