Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was on a korean game show!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

Was there any shagging between the contestants or some loven afterwards do you know!

Hmmmm.. I wont say what country...
    but one of the lads was going on dates over there..when he was already engaged! :O
    Wasnt any canoodling between contestants (not that im aware of!) but we all became so close and are still in regular contact :)

The cameras were literally in our faces 24/7.. like we'd get up at 7am and a camera man would be outside waiting for us...at night after the 'official' planned activities, a few of us would head into Seoul to party, and we'd have to lose the camera men! Cameras in your face all the time was really really wierd, and i was so nervous..but strangely after a day or two I forgot they were there.
    Such a surreal experience!! Im amazed at everything they didnt show.. we went to karaoke loads and had drinking games... but i guess its a family show lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

aob85 wrote: »
    Hmmmm.. I wont say what country...
    but one of the lads was going on dates over there..when he was already engaged! :O
    Wasnt any canoodling between contestants (not that im aware of!) but we all became so close and are still in regular contact :)

The cameras were literally in our faces 24/7.. like we'd get up at 7am and a camera man would be outside waiting for us...at night after the 'official' planned activities, a few of us would head into Seoul to party, and we'd have to lose the camera men! Cameras in your face all the time was really really wierd, and i was so nervous..but strangely after a day or two I forgot they were there.
    Such a surreal experience!! Im amazed at everything they didnt show.. we went to karaoke loads and had drinking games... but i guess its a family show lol

That actually sounds like so much fun! I'd say it was amazing. I'm so jealous right now :L :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I've been to Asia several times and find their TV hillarious, never been to South Korea but that TV looks funny. Nice to win a trip over there and a pretty cool thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That's the most wonderful randomest thing I've heard all day.

amdublin wrote: »
    Brilliant!

No doesn't work.
    You should set up a page that people (we!) can all like and you can upload your pics there.

https://www.facebook.com/alana.obrien.56?success=1

A facebook page with loads of pics...ill add more later :p

• Advertisement

You're pretty hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

You're pretty hot.

Not too bad yourself sweetcheeks! ;)

Not too bad yourself sweetcheeks! ;)

Oh don't make me blush!

Oh don't make me blush!

Haha ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

That video is not displaying the actual show all I can hear is the sound

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So did you have an interest in Korea before?

Or did you you just take up studying of Korea when you saw the ad?

• Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Are you single OP? I'm on the lookout.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    That video is not displaying the actual show all I can hear is the sound

Hmmm thats wierd, it works fine for me (and i think for everyone else...)
    Try typing into youtube "Quiz on Korea 2013"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Great pics! That's some dress :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Congrats OP. Looks like fun.

Sorry about all the horrible comments in here. What can I say but, welcome to afterhours. Not the most pleasant of forums.

So did you have an interest in Korea before?

Or did you you just take up studying of Korea when you saw the ad?

Id say i got into the whole Korean thing around 7 years ago..
    When i was studying animation in college, my friend who was teaching in korea at the time sent me a video of a boyband (Shinee) for the laugh. I was crackin up, because first the music was just mental, then the clothes, they were like something out of an anime, make up and all!!
    but then...the more i watched the video...the more catchy the song became... then the guys slowly became hotter haha.. before i knew it, i was buying albums and litening to more and more kpop... then i started to watch the dramas... After the gameshow, i started to study the Korean language in Trinity after work. Its a hard language to learn, but its a nice hobby besides animation :D And i want to go back to korea some day for a bit, and it will be nice to have some of the language :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

내가 한국을 사랑하는 모든 것에 대해 에세이를 의식. 그들은 나를 다시 이메일로 내가 두 번째 라운드에 대한 자격 말했다. 이는 40 ~ 50 PPL과 삼위 일체의 퀴즈이었다. 상위 5 득점 날이었다 마지막 라운드로 자격이!마지막 라운드는 한국과 아일랜드 embassys에서 PPL과 삼위 일체에 다시 인터뷰를했다. 모든 라운드의 요점은 한국에서 아일랜드를 통해 표현하기에 적합한 사람을 찾는 것이 었습니다. 몇 시간 fr과 심의 위원 후, 그들은 다시 와서 내가 원 하더군요! 그래서, 한국 대사관은 8 월에 날에 날아와 모든 것을, 일 등 5 성급 호텔에 대한 지불

Aestivalis wrote: »
    Congrats OP. Looks like fun.

Sorry about all the horrible comments in here. What can I say but, welcome to afterhours. Not the most pleasant of forums.

Ha thanks!
    But sure its grand, knew what I was getting myself into posting in here haha

biko wrote: »
    내가 한국을 사랑하는 모든 것에 대해 에세이를 의식. 그들은 나를 다시 이메일로 내가 두 번째 라운드에 대한 자격 말했다. 이는 40 ~ 50 PPL과 삼위 일체의 퀴즈이었다. 상위 5 득점 날이었다 마지막 라운드로 자격이!마지막 라운드는 한국과 아일랜드 embassys에서 PPL과 삼위 일체에 다시 인터뷰를했다. 모든 라운드의 요점은 한국에서 아일랜드를 통해 표현하기에 적합한 사람을 찾는 것이 었습니다. 몇 시간 fr과 심의 위원 후, 그들은 다시 와서 내가 원 하더군요! 그래서, 한국 대사관은 8 월에 날에 날아와 모든 것을, 일 등 5 성급 호텔에 대한 지불

Did you google translate that? haha
    잘 했어!

• Advertisement

aob85 wrote: »
    Id say i got into the whole Korean thing around 7 years ago..
    When i was studying animation in college, my friend who was teaching in korea at the time sent me a video of a boyband (Shinee) for the laugh. I was crackin up, because first the music was just mental, then the clothes, they were like something out of an anime, make up and all!!
    but then...the more i watched the video...the more catchy the song became... then the guys slowly became hotter haha.. before i knew it, i was buying albums and litening to more and more kpop... then i started to watch the dramas... After the gameshow, i started to study the Korean language in Trinity after work. Its a hard language to learn, but its a nice hobby besides animation :D And i want to go back to korea some day for a bit, and it will be nice to have some of the language :)

Sounds like they picked the right person to represent us!

You remind me of Aoibhinn ni Suilebhan, anyone else ever say that to you?

Sounds like they picked the right person to represent us!

You remind me of Aoibhinn ni Suilebhan, anyone else ever say that to you?

Ha thanks! I tried to do us proud :p
    And no, nobody has ever said that to me, ha i'll take that as a compliment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

This is an amazing story, great to see someone enjoy themselves and of course being happy :). Well done OP, thanks for sharing, you did us proud ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Skipped to 5.10

Yes I would.

Ended video.

Have a look at our heroine at 27:22 onwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

OP looks like a younger version of a certain Admin on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

OP looks like a younger version of a certain Admin on Boards.ie.
    Agreed - dead ringer for DeV.

• Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Did you eat any dogs while you were there? Nom Nom Nom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Ficheall wrote: »
    Agreed - dead ringer for DeV.
    I was thinking more Ber...

Bless their little hearts, they'll never be as weird as the Japanese (cue weird Japanese shows).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

OP we have no friends in common on Facebook. None. Not one. I checked. You don't know me at all.

Just thought I'd share.

Advertisement