Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Well the chrome livery means that the car's cooling is naturally better, so don't be surprised to see it stick around with red hot turbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Well the chrome livery means that the car's cooling is naturally better, so don't be surprised to see it stick around with red hot turbos.

I thought white would be a better choice? Especially at races in hotter climates!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

SamAK wrote: »
    I thought white would be a better choice? Especially at races in hotter climates!

The shinier something is, the better it radiates heat. The radiators in your house aren't chrome because chromium is too expensive to use it, hence why they're painted white.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Car launch dates so far:

McLaren: 24th of January.

Ferrari: 25th of January.

Sauber: 26th of January.

Toro Rosso: 27th of January.

Mercedes: 28th of January.

Caterham: 28th of January.

Red Bull: 28th of January.

Car launches for five days in a row, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

If it is Sony and McLaren moves to Honda in 2015, how will that work out for the livery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

So talk with Quantum are broken again. How they managed to get a bank on broad is beyond me but it can only be good news for Lotus.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

_rebelkid wrote: »

Wouldn't go as far as to say "bailed out":
    Although limited in scope, the one-year deal is a boost for a Lotus outfit which had financial problems last season despite finishing fourth in the constructors' standings. Saxo Bank will use the Lotus team name in its marketing and also be able to host clients at Formula One races as a sponsor. "This is a modest step in because we always like to test things out first," said Lars Seier Christenesen, Saxo Bank co-CEO. "If it works, we'll step it up," he added.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

logik wrote: »
    If it is Sony and McLaren moves to Honda in 2015, how will that work out for the livery.

I reckon the livery we see this year will be the livery McLaren use when Honda arrive. Remember when Mercedes came on board in the mid 90's the team didnt change their colours for them. They only changed to silver and black when West replaced Marboro. Also Im sure if McLaren want to incorporate Honda colours they'll do it this year. If they want to change for silver/chrome they wont be too concerned about how Mercedes feels about it. Thats what I think anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭KarlFitz01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

McLaren are revealing their team gear (new colours) today aren't they? Anyone know when or where, it's not on their site.

Bugatti wrote: »
    I reckon the livery we see this year will be the livery McLaren use when Honda arrive. Remember when Mercedes came on board in the mid 90's the team didnt change their colours for them. They only changed to silver and black when West replaced Marboro. Also Im sure if McLaren want to incorporate Honda colours they'll do it this year. If they want to change for silver/chrome they wont be too concerned about how Mercedes feels about it. Thats what I think anyways!

Yeah but Honda are about all things Red. Will be interesting to see what the car is going to look like.

GarIT wrote: »
    McLaren are revealing their team gear (new colours) today aren't they? Anyone know when or where, it's not on their site.

You can find them here.

No main sponsor for McLaren, strange:/

Well they haven't announced anything yet, and the pics are renderings by the look of them, so I think they're waiting. Or it could be like Brawn in 09: 1 sponsor on a white car.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Or it could be like Brawn in 09: 1 sponsor on a white car.

I would doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Looks like both Pic and VDG are on the way out of Caterham. http://www.f1today.net/en/news/van-der-garde-out-at-caterham
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/305473/abiteboul-confirms-pic-has-left-caterham/

Pretty much confirms it's going to be Kamui and Ericsson.

Looks like both Pic and VDG are on the way out of Caterham. http://www.f1today.net/en/news/van-der-garde-out-at-caterham
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/305473/abiteboul-confirms-pic-has-left-caterham/

Pretty much confirms it's going to be Kamui and Ericsson.

I will be very, very pleased to see Kamui back in F1, even if he's in a Caterham.

Remember Suzuka in...2012 I think? Those overtakes at the hairpin! Ha ha, legend. He drives with character!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

SamAK wrote: »
    I will be very, very pleased to see Kamui back in F1, even if he's in a Caterham.

Remember Suzuka in...2012 I think? Those overtakes at the hairpin! Ha ha, legend. He drives with character!

From about 1:30 it has those overtakes at Suzuka....but the entire video is worth watching! be great to have Kamui back on the grid!

From about 1:30 it has those overtakes at Suzuka....but the entire video is worth watching! be great to have Kamui back on the grid!

It's mad that he's not at a top team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

he also does stunts

Bottas to get first spin in the new Williams, with 'Heritage Blue' livery.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/1/15391.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks like DiResta is heading back to DTM as well.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Looks like DiResta is heading back to DTM as well.

I think we all saw that coming before the season even ended! I'm not too bothered, never really warmed to him to be honest. Although his luck, to be fair, was just terrible, and through little fault of his own.

I'm glad though, because it means we get to see what the Incredible Hulkenberg and Checo Perez can do for Force India!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

GarIT wrote: »
    It's mad that he's not at a top team.

You'd forget how good he is, it's awful to think he wasn't in F1 last year and money bags Chilton can get a drive. Probably the thing I hate most about the sport

Great, delighted if Kamui is confirmed back in F1. Kinda happy to see Pic and Van der Garde leaving F1. I never thought much of the two of them. If you looked at the two bottom teams, Bianchi was the only driver you thought would do a good job in a better team.

And Paul is moving to DTM, how Sutil has landed a drive in Sauber and not DiResta is mad but thats F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Kamui and Ericsonn just confirmed there for Caterham. Good to see Kamui back! :)
    https://twitter.com/jenniegow/status/425576247989522432

11811 wrote: »
    Kamui and Ericsonn just confirmed there for Caterham. Good to see Kamui back! :)
    https://twitter.com/jenniegow/status/425576247989522432

Delighted

• Advertisement

11811 wrote: »

Yes, yes, YEEESSS! :D:D:D

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/1/15393.html

Advertisement