Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

astrofluff wrote: »
    I just wonder, I just wonder, if Susie is a spy :rolleyes:
    Or maybe Toto is.:eek:
    Williams did do rather well this year.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wonder do they have a race car bed

5103046661_4fcb6c24cf.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Rosberg, Sainz, Verstappen and possibly Magnussen Jnr next year. We need to find out which drivers are producing male heirs and then plonk many fivers on with Paddy Power at 500/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Marussia stuff being sold off, worth looking at just for all the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Vettel had his first run in the Ferrari today, the 2012 car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Looking through those pics make me very sad.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hope we don't lose a Button in the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

B3w78_yCUAAL9Ve.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Bet he just wanted to drive the V8 again.

Back to baby tantrums and whinging with the V6 at the next testing session I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Caterham have been given dispensation to compete in 2015 with this year's car should a buyer be found for the team.
    With the decision to be ratified by this week's meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Doha, it would allow a new owner to at least be in F1 with a base on which to build for 2016.

Administrator Finbarr O'Connell said: "The F1 Commission and FIA agreed if it would assist the weaker teams they can use the 2014 car next year, so giving them more time and options.

Linky - http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/article/2/9588291/formula-one-caterham-will-be-allowed-to-use-this-years-car-in-the-2015-f1-championship

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That makes no sense to me. What's the odds that they'll rack up a DNQ?

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Caterham have been given dispensation to compete in 2015 with this year's car should a buyer be found for the team.

Linky - http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/article/2/9588291/formula-one-caterham-will-be-allowed-to-use-this-years-car-in-the-2015-f1-championship

There isn't really much change in the regulations for next year, 2014 cars would technically be legal in 2015, I guess putting this out is mostly to trying to smooth the way for the Caterham sale.
    That makes no sense to me. What's the odds that they'll rack up a DNQ?

They should be alright unless the Mercs find another 2 seconds or so, they were usually in by at least 2 seconds most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

before we start the 2015 F1 thread, what are the changes for the cars for 2015 that would make it so different to this year's?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Since when are teams required to have new cars for the following season? I remember in the early 00's Ferrari had a habit of starting seasons with a modified version of their previous years car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Or maybe Toto is.:eek:
    Williams did do rather well this year.:pac:

Is Toto not still a shareholder in williams?

Bit off topic but Honda's Twitter has been hacked :D

-edit Seems it wasn't hacked and Skeletor is just part of their new advertising campaign.

OSI wrote: »
    16% still apparently, even though he sold a good few some months back.

His shareholding in the team probably had a big influence on Williams' decision to switch from Renault to Mercedes power units.

Bit off topic but Honda's Twitter has been hacked :D

-edit Seems it wasn't hacked and Skeletor is just part of their new advertising campaign.
    Yep, looks that way. He also pops up on their home page when you open it up.:)

It's a bit different as marketing ploys go, but hey, it seems to be getting a bit of attention, so it must be working!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone reckon that us mere f1 cretins could pick up something small from this?

Horrible to see the photos and think of the carcass picking that will ensue:mad:

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »

Horrible to see the photos and think of the carcass picking that will ensue:mad:

They've so much to get through I doubt they would be auctioning anything small on it's own, would be mostly in large lots I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

aphex™ wrote: »
    Bet he just wanted to drive the V8 again.

Back to baby tantrums and whinging with the V6 at the next testing session I suppose.

With the clear deficit that Renault and Ferrari had this year, I think you'd struggle to find a non-Mercedes powered driver that was happy with their power unit.

Although, it was more likely just a chance to have a cheap childish dig at Vettel rather than any sort of reasonable point.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sparks43 wrote: »

Slightly of topic and not so relevant given that the murussia is not at the front of the grid but is there a restriction on where current f1 chassis can go or who can buy them. Given the testing limits imposed on teams, surely access to chassis should be controlled or at least subject to inspection while still current.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

When does the 2015 thread make an appearance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Slightly off topic, but the noise of this thing is simply stunning, and reminds me of an F1 car at full tilt from the 90s.

So there you have it, you can indeed make a small engine sounds amazing. F1 engine makers, take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

_rebelkid wrote: »

There won't be any more kids without a driving licence driving F1 cars with the over 18 and valid driving licence requirement.
    Does that mean if a driver loses their driving licence they could lose their super licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

Great read on the stuff going on at Ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

When are Mclaren realising there driver line-up for next year. It was supposed to be the 1st then the 3rd and they still have not. It disgracefull of them. Anyone no anything about this. Has Button said anything lately. I really think they should keep him.
    Am delighted to see the Korean race is back on for next year I quite enjoy the races at tha track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

AMKC wrote: »
    When are Mclaren realising there driver line-up for next year. It was supposed to be the 1st then the 3rd and they still have not. It disgracefull of them. Anyone no anything about this. Has Button said anything lately. I really think they should keep him.
    Am delighted to see the Korean race is back on for next year I quite enjoy the races at tha track.

Have not heard anything. Was expecting announcement today. It is a disgrace. Getting seriously pissed at McLaren myself. I can only imagine how button feels.

Advertisement