Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Fresh made Boxty! Lots and lots of it.:)

vmkLLzQl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

roasted some chicken, marinated in BBQ sauce with onions, peppers and mushrooms and had it on a warm bread roll.

Im covered in crumbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm fed up just cooking full meals for just myself when I am stuck in Switz, so tonight was a couple of ham & cheese toasties & a cuppa in front of the telly. Living life to the max. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Beef massaman curry from Mao at Home, was gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Baked brie wrapped in parma ham with salad downstairs in Fallon and Byrne. Also got a portion of potato wedges with basil aioli. Very yum! The basil was good and strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Vegetable & Ham frittata with plastic cheese. Eggs - the magical food you can cook when you really, really don't want to cook and have dinner in 20 minutes.

14136908-8131-4EDD-8ADA-062F1F7A3166_zpsokcsmusd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Mac&cheese using gluten free pasta, with lots of chili, salt and pepper in the sauce, ground almond, mature cheddar and coriander as crust and served with salad. Deliciousness on every level =D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've never had mac and cheese but this the as is making me want it!! :)

Last night was curry. A very thrown together but super delicious curry none the less

5DUXMC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Rouille de seche, which is cuttlefish stew from this part of the world, with a lovely peppery tomato sauce. I haven't made this in ages (I was waiting for French courgettes to come back into season) but it was worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Last night I made pasta with chorizo, prawns and fresh peas in a tomato sauce, garnished with some spring onion greens.

My plate was additionally pepped up with some smoked chili flakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Last night I had friends over. We ordered in a Chinese takeaway. We shared crispy garlic and chili chicken wings, breast of chicken curry, chicken in orange sauce, chips, rice and noodles. We washed it down with a couple of glasses of prosecco. We enjoyed every bite :D

leahyl wrote: »
    I hope I'm allowed to do this and I hope it works!

Tip - made something similar to this with sweet potatoes as the mash part, works verrry well indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A very, very late dinner of a fish finger buttie fromm Super Miss Sue's. And wine in a real wine glass. Day made.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Toasted rolls with grilled tomatoes, bacon & scrambled eggs & a cuppa. Will get back to cooking proper meals again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Chili, loaded with chipotles and bulked out with lentils to make it last a few days. With sweet potato and loads of smoked cheddar

7A67814A-D3E4-4657-B8CF-7E43D6E087A7_zps8oce1p6o.jpg

Followed by balsamic strawberries with vanilla icecream, black pepper and a little balsamic crema.

00342BE9-C876-42C7-811D-16A02C483F3B_zps0qq0nvip.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Chili, loaded with chipotles and bulked out with lentils to make it last a few days. With sweet potato and loads of smoked cheddar

Followed by balsamic strawberries with vanilla icecream, black pepper and a little balsamic crema.

Holy God Biddy :eek:
    Gimmie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Went to platform pizza in bray with my mum and gran .me and gran jad their goats cheese, proscuitto, walnut and maple syrup pizza, sounds weird but its amazing. Mum had their new york strip with fries. Cant move now

We went for dinner last night. I had local glebe brethan cheese wrapped in filo pastry. Was a gooey and melted delight. For mains I had monkfish with a herb crust with ravioli and calamari. I ordered lemon tart for my dessert. A very enjoyable meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Had an AYCE Chinese in Wexford Town-Ping Kee. They have a sister restaurant in Gorey. Gotta say it was really decent food.

Tonight was to be a Thai Green Curry but herself is too lazy to go get me chicken and in my tender condition I can hardly be expected to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was Beef Massaman curry from Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey. Lovely deep flavours from the spices, but I think it's a tad heavy with coconut milk. I'd tweak it a bit next time, and also I would've preferred it with lamb somehow. Served with steamed Jasmine rice and cucumber slices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had roast stuffed chicken with a lemon, garlic and olive oil rub. With roasted new potato cubes, broccoli and cauliflower.
    Sometimes you just can't beat roast chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Friday night we had haddock with lemon, thyme and bacon lardons, with baby roast potatoes, roast squash and roasted tomatoes on the vine with garlic, olive oil and balsamic. Dessert was roast rhubarb with brown sugar and vanilla, with custard and vanilla ice cream.

Last night we had home made pizzas with bases made from sourdough that I bought from a farm shop. The dough was 70p per piece and came frozen...I defrosted it, rolled it and baked at 230 with garlic and chilli, tomato sauce, chorizo, red pepper and onion with mozzarella and parmesan.

Dinner tonight was (organic free range) bacon sandwiches and mimosas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Last nights dinner was veg & tofu stir fry in homemade General Tso sauce with steamed chinese buns (I used to stuff them but left them plain this time and it was delicious)

22C79611-DBBC-43AA-8A2D-8B49FC811C69_zpsmtncilah.jpg

D2B026F3-D129-4C09-9014-7F2513D26B61_zpsknevbf3u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Fillet steak, onions and mushrooms, baked sweet potato and asparagus. Also made baileys and banana bread and butter pudding. I used a jamie Oliver recipe. It wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Half a pizza. I think it was rubadub who mentioned the ones for €1.31 in Tesco, the ones that are topped edge-to-edge.

Well the tomato and cheese and crust bit were nice BUT I made the mistake of buying the pepperoni one...I don't like pepperoni..and as I suspected, the whole thing was a big oily mess that turned my stomach.
    I hate oily food.

Potato wedges and a big salad on the side which I enjoyed more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

New house, new kitchen, new food :).

For starters we had chicken cooked with chilli, onions with pepper and piri piri seasoning placed in puff pastry with red pesto, sun dried tomato paster and mozarella it was delicious.

297d5b8a-296b-42e0-9841-6b1ce35143a9_zps35bfdbf7.jpg

Followed by pulled pork and a baked sweet potato :).

d8806ef3-c730-4b9f-bd87-5198854b44c5_zpsb6c85ed1.jpg

Eddie Rockets chicken wings with hot sauce and chili cheese fries.

Last nights dinner was veg & tofu stir fry in homemade General Tso sauce with steamed chinese buns (I used to stuff them but left them plain this time and it was delicious)

Ooh recipe for both pretty please? Looks absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Went to Pitt Bros last night, had the pulled pork, wasn't as good as last time, I think Sparks is better. The brisket however was gorgeous, and the mac and cheese too, nom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

arf91 wrote: »
    Ooh recipe for both pretty please? Looks absolutely gorgeous.

I used this recipe for the sauce - http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/08/general-tsos-chicken/

For the buns I use a recipe from one of the Great british Bake off books, but if you just google traditional Mantou recipes, or chinese steamed bun, theres plenty to look through!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement