Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

home made meatballs. threw some cheese(a few different cheeses) into middle of each meatball. served with spaghetti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Folks here's the mac and cheese, smells gorgeous and can't wait to tuck in
    The sauce was gorgeous and had a huge punch of flavours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Made a verrrrry quick dinner of grilled black pudding, cherry tomatoes, diced vintage cheddar and Ballymaloe relish on ramen noodles. Was yum.

ejvngg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG Brinty that looks amazing! And I've never even tasted mac and cheese...nom I want some now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lasagne, extra nice because I put in fresh basil from my new herb garden, and wild origano from the in-laws garden! Lovely flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went to the Hungry Mexican on Bolton Street last night. Was really impressed with the food, best Mexican I've eaten. Service wasn't great unfortunately. :/

I had tequila chicken wings to start, and then a chimichanga filled with Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese, salsa, pulled pork and chorizo. I'm still full this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

brinty wrote: »
    Folks here's the mac and cheese, smells gorgeous and can't wait to tuck in
    The sauce was gorgeous and had a huge punch of flavours

That looks sooooo good. I am not even hungry but I'd eat that right now!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Garlic bread (not homemade unfortunately) with grilled halloumi and home salsa. It was fantastic!! Tasted like a helluva lot more :D

4J2Ght.jpg

And then we had pan fried lemon sole which had been marinating overnight in green chilli, garlic and lemon juice. On a bed of pak choi and spinach. Brocolli, spicy cous cous and spicy roasted baby potatoes. Amazing. So bloody amazing.

6dNcL8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Chicken jalfrezi, Aldi jar with the spices on top, served with brown rice and a dollop of yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

ChewChew wrote: »
    Garlic bread (not homemade unfortunately) with grilled halloumi and home salsa. It was fantastic!! Tasted like a helluva lot

And then we had pan fried lemon sole which had been marinating overnight in green chilli, garlic and lemon juice. On a bed of pak choi and spinach. Brocolli, spicy cous cous and spicy roasted baby potatoes. Amazing. So bloody amazing.

Wow, that looks delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Tonights dinner was crispy salt and pepper tofu bites, grilled pineapple salsa/salad with avocado and cantaloupe, cauliflower "rice" with a coconut and soy dressing and a glass of grapefruit juice on the side :D It was one of the yummiest dinners we've had in a long time.

10175007_10152317827147999_1520026897299935961_n_zpsa7fd878c.jpg

1175363_10152317827322999_7440425599749066069_n_zps8fa50b45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A slightly tweaked Classic Lasagna recipe from the cooking club. I love this recipe, third time cooking this; a bit laborious, although I didn't cook the ragu as long as suggested, still it's the best lasagna I've made.
    Served with homemade coleslaw and salad.

2014-04-24%2017.30.13_zpstxvmpqf8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Lamb kebabs, garlic and sriracha sauce. I think sriracha is one of my new favourite hot sauces.

304394.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I decided to make spaghetti bolognese from scratch but I didn't think to look up a recipe. I just threw an onion, red pepper, garlic, mince, tinned tomato, beef stock and tomato paste in a pot, and added chili powder, oregano, basil and paprika. Hoped for the best and it was lovely, if a tiny bit watery. Just had it with some penne pasta.

Too hungry for a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I made this with sausage meat, mixed beans, spinach, homemade marinara sauce and mozzarella plus cumin and oregano. Had it with rice. It was incredible and really simple to make.

33niz68.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had a Thai Red Chicken Curry tonight which I washed down with a bottle of Independent Brewing Company's Pale Ale.
    Both were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

livinsane wrote: »
    I made this with sausage meat, mixed beans, spinach, homemade marinara sauce and mozzarella plus cumin and oregano. Had it with rice. It was incredible and really simple to make.

Looks awesome!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had Sparks Pulled Pork from the 2010 Cooking Club. My first dish in my new slow cooker.

*burps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A rare ribeye with a sauce of garlic butter, anchovy & cream and chipper chips. Was sposed to be steamed potatoes but I dropped the pyrex dish with the potatoes in off the ground and they were way too studded with pyrex chips to take a chance on. Also some courgettes.

I love how anchovy brings out savoury flavours, this was delightful

3e454760-ed2b-45db-b121-16374328f516_zps0e28b428.jpg

I made a lentil shepherds pie and it was delicious, I didn't miss the meat at all! Plenty left for tomorrow's dinner too! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭Olive8585

leahyl wrote: »
    I made a lentil shepherds pie and it was delicious, I didn't miss the meat at all! Plenty left for tomorrow's dinner too! :-)

Could you post/link to the recipe? I've been looking for a good lentil shepherd's pie recipe for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Mixed cheese & charcuterie board and crostini with a selection of dips between two downstairs in Fallon & Byrne. We shared a carafe of the cheapest Chardonnay as well.

It was well yum, very satisfying. And very good value at €32ish for the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Risotto with bacoin, chicken, mushroom and onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Went to Pizza e Porchetta in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin last night. Had a delicious Apis Pizza (salami) and an amazing chocolate brownie with orange cream, and a zesty coulis of raspberries and blackberries. Very good washed down with lots of montepulciano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chickpea curry, with a lovely ripe mango for desert. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The very tasty cooking club quinoa pizza topped with a little mozzarella, some goats cheese, chorizo and red pepper. I served it with a salad of spinach, rocket, spring onions and cherry tomatoes and a few homemade chips which neither of us finished as the pizza was so filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Got back to some cooking this week having spent Easter catching up with friends & family and a lot of eating out!

On Tuesday night I made za'atar crusted pork with a mint yoghurt. I served this with cous cous flavoured with lemon, mint, parsley, pomegranate juice & seeds, S&P and chickpeas.

CD089551-9925-438E-8C70-DE668228677E_zpsfo9fus5z.jpg

Having looked back over previous posts there's been a few fish pie dishes and various seafood dishes, no doubt a sign of the good weather!

Wednesday night I made two batches of Gordon Ramsey's fish pie, however I only used smoked coley and cod fillets. Complete with parsley restaurant garnish :P

B9666953-4D51-4545-99F8-5EB2B991FEBB_zpszj1nr3yi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Easy & tasty dinner last night - chicken fillets (flattened), dipped in beaten egg, rolled in breadcrumbs and pan fried. Put this on a bed of couscous and topped with melted garlic butter and served with fried cherry tom-toms. Yum!

• Advertisement

Olive8585 wrote: »
    Could you post/link to the recipe? I've been looking for a good lentil shepherd's pie recipe for ages!

I hope I'm allowed to do this and I hope it works!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement