Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

After a week away with work and eating in hotel restaurants and fixed menus in restaurants, delighted to be home.
    I was very pleased with my lamb chops with mint and garlic yogurt and roasted sweet potato, parsnips and carrots tonight. Normal, tasty food.
    However, oscarBravo's photo has made me feel very inadequate and jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

fiddlechic wrote: »
    After a week away with work and eating in hotel restaurants and fixed menus in restaurants, delighted to be home.
    I was very pleased with my lamb chops with mint and garlic yogurt and roasted sweet potato, parsnips and carrots tonight. Normal, tasty food.
    However, oscarBravo's photo has made me feel very inadequate and jealous!

Love it. Every bit of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tonight we had a side of salmon with salsa verde and wholemeal cous cous with roasted peppers.

Two of us demolished the lot, I then realised I'd forgotten to take a picture beforehand. So here's one of the remnants, or lack of them! ;)

6310B403-425C-41A3-8B03-CBFB6A9D87D5_zpsscvn1gzj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Bison Bar bbq -brisket with burnt end beans and fries.

Tasty, but Pitt Bros was way better.

Really?! I always think the exact opposite! Bison was my go to lunch place for a while, always guaranteed a great meal and I've tried everything on the menu :o Pitt bros is fairly ordinary I think, get the impression the owners are jumping on a band wagon. Flavours seem.. Shallow? Is that the right word for it? Nothing particularly special where as bison is smokey and full on BBQ and spiced and mmmm *drool... more effort gone in to decor and surrounding than the food in Pitt bros IMO .

Any time I've been to Pitt bros it's always been really slow service too :( which is a bit odd considering they're not exactly cooking to order like? Food is never piping hot and goes cold so fast.

The macaroni and cheese side though is SAVAGE! and I do love the free ice cream :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Really?! I always think the exact opposite! Bison was my go to lunch place for a while, always guaranteed a great meal and I've tried everything on the menu :o Pitt bros is fairly ordinary I think, get the impression the owners are jumping on a band wagon. Flavours seem.. Shallow? Is that the right word for it? Nothing particularly special where as bison is smokey and full on BBQ and spiced and mmmm *drool... more effort gone in to decor and surrounding than the food in Pitt bros IMO .

Any time I've been to Pitt bros it's always been really slow service too :( which is a bit odd considering they're not exactly cooking to order like? Food is never piping hot and goes cold so fast.

The macaroni and cheese side though is SAVAGE! and I do love the free ice cream :o

Ah I'm no great judge to be honest, I just preferred the food and the surroundings in Pitt Bros. Food in Bison might very well be objectively better, more authentic etc, but my second choice nonetheless!

I had sushi and salad this evening, nice and clean after the excess of recent days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Local fish shop had 3 Sea Bass fillets for a fiver yesterday so last night I made the Sea Bass with lime, chilli and ginger from the Cooking Club and it was fantastic. I didn't bother coating the fish with the cumin, just patted some flour into the skin to get it nice and crispy. The "topping" of chilli, garlic, scallions, ginger and soya was divine! Some egg noodles then with a nice bottle of red and we were sorted!

Loire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Butterflied chicken breast (and ketchup!) with egg fried rice. I used a BBC Good Food recipe for the rice. It was nice but not like egg fried rice from the takeaway either. Probably healthier though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Smoked salmon and dill pizza with chillis and rocket. Just for me! :)

86171A0D-C58F-4630-94E7-7BFC7F837E0C_zpsbkhv6d8j.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

That is a beeeeautiful crust you have there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Pork rib ragu.

303696.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was a mesh of Taiwanese 3-cup chicken and kung pao. Served with stir fried pak choy in oyster sauce and steamed Jasmine rice.

2014-04-17%2021.14.08_zpsfgpayiqu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Wow, Mrs. Fox that looks absolutely delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure I can wait another 4 hours

[IMG][/img]Cg8Yirkl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Last night for dinner I did Mediterranean vegetables - Red Onion, Mushrooms, Courgette, Red Pepper, Green Pepper and Tomatoes in a Mediterranean seasoning from a Schwartz packet. I love that stuff. I also did steamed baby potatoes (ya shoulda seen them they were the weeniest spuds ever) and I pan fried Sea Bream fillets :D Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Boards won't let me post photos anymore...anyone know why??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Chloebeag wrote: »

I don't know how you normally upload them but I use www.tinypic.com

Go to that size, choose BROWSE to find your photo, then click MESSAGEBOARD from the drop-down box, then UPLOAD.
    Then when it uploads, highlight the text in the MESSAGEBOARD box and paste it here.

Hi fussyonion. I was using the photo bucket app on my iPhone.
    I had trouble uploading pictures in tinypic in the past but I'll try it again. Thanks.
    Boards isn't even giving me the attachment option anymore. It's saying as I'm a new user I can't post photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I made fish pie, like a good Catholic girl :) and because I'm on holidays I had all the time in the world, so I got artistic with my white potato and sweet potato mash (well I tried to get artistic, I don't have too much imagination!). Looking forward to dinner!

Hi fussyonion. I was using the photo bucket app on my iPhone.
    I had trouble uploading pictures in tinypic in the past but I'll try it again. Thanks.
    Boards isn't even giving me the attachment option anymore. It's saying as I'm a new user I can't post photos.

Hmm, perhaps post this issue in Feedback, they might be able to suss something out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, there's been a change to the rules site-wide and now you have to have more than 50 posts* before you can post pictures, links and attachments. It was done to combat some serious issues but it has an unfortunate knock-on effect for genuine new posters.

So go discover more forums, post another 28 times, and you'll be free to post all the pictures you like!

*Plus be a member for more than 10 days

• Advertisement

You can still tell us what you had for dinner; a lot of people post their meals without photos-I even do it sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

fussyonion wrote: »
    You can still tell us what you had for dinner; a lot of people post their meals without photos-I even do it sometimes!
    I do (i have to), because my OH thinks taking pictures of dinners and putting them on the internet is weird :rolleyes:

Home-made Chicken Balti, rice, Naan bread and skinny chips that I didn't know boyfriend had made..was a bit annoyed at the amount of food, but we ate the lot :o

1p6zqe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Dinner was cooking club's Death by Cheese Pizza...

2014-04-18%2017.27.54_zpsp0huwc61.jpg

and a tomato base chorizo, onion, pineapple and mozzarella. Charred effect at the corner there too.

2014-04-18%2017.28.21_zps0gfamphe.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mrs Fox wrote: »

Charred effect at the corner there too.

Ah it's only caramelized :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I made a fish pie, enough for today and tomorrow. I like a load of veg in my pie so I started by nearly filling the dish with a head of cauliflower, half a head of broccoli, a handful of green beans and a cup of peas.

1_zps68a95d18.jpg

I poached the fish in milk, flaked the fish on top of the veg and then make a white sauce using the fish-infused milk. Layered mashed potato on top and baked for about 45 mins.

2_zps7317ddeb.jpg

Ate in front of the tv with a glass of Jim Beam.

3_zps7ca9cb02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Smoked salmon and prawn pasta with broccoli, peas, dash of cream and chives. Had no parmesan, raging!

We had baked fillets of Hake in butter and lemon juice, baby potatoes tossed in pesto, greens, carrots and a lemon butter sauce I made from a Neven Maguire recipe. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We had salmon with stem ginger, chilli & orange (Hairy Bikers recipe). Served with stir fried veg & noodles. Such a nice evening we had it al fresco too. Fab!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Had a lovely seafood chowder
    Hake fillets,prawns and crab meat.. Loads of veg and potatoes in it too.
    Plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow
    Only bad thing was no brown bread to eat with it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement