Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight is Fish Pie. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lamb Tikka Masala, Vegetable Madras, green beans with garlic and chilli, brown rice, indian flatbreads and cucumber and mint raita.

So full, I think I'm going to burst!

04D193C4-1E02-45B7-B096-31A02BB94DB3_zps5dtj9ii0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Beef stir fry with flat iron steaks from lidl, recommended by the beer revolu during the steak craze! Really tender meat and less than €5 for 2 steaks. Delish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Not much to look at folks but bloody tasty out
    Some crusty bread with this and nomnomnomnom enough for 4 peeps so
    Lunch for ms brinty and myself for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Tonight I made Chicken katsu curry.

302490.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Tonight I made Chicken katsu curry.

Bet that's way nicer than Wagamama's one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Lamb Tikka Masala, Vegetable Madras, green beans with garlic and chilli, brown rice, indian flatbreads and cucumber and mint raita.

So full, I think I'm going to burst!

Is there some way I can subscribe to your recipes and cooking?

Bet that's way nicer than Wagamama's one.

It was! I always find Wagamama's to be a bit bland.

It was! I always find Wagamama's to be a bit bland.

Even Yayamori's one is, and I usually love their food.

Have you got a recipe?

Even Yayamori's one is, and I usually love their food.

Have you got a recipe?

Yeah, sure. Here you go:

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29578/chicken-katsu-curry.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fish tagine, tasty but I followed the recipe to the letter and the potatoes were only just cooked. I'll increase the cooking time next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Stuffed pork steak with mash and roasted carrots. I added loads of butter and a good drop of cream to the mash, then topped with cheddar and roasted for 15 mins....they were divine - we add loads of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Bought some fancy sausages from the butchers and had them in soft rolls with sautéed onions, red pepper and homemade BBQ sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

With the leftover roast beef from Tuesday night's dinner, I made a chili beef stir fry with a red scotch bonnet, a green japalpeno, onion, garlic, button mushrooms, red pepper and egg noodles.

Seasoning included S&P, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, fish sauce and a little bit of paprika.

8E7DFE1B-905B-4A19-B6F4-B0EFE7AEED6B_zps3q0jssui.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yesterday, dinner was sausages, beans and waffles. My 2 biggest critics thought it was amazing. (Nearly 1 & 2.5). And today, they devoured falafel, first time cooking it, and slow cooked chicken Korma. Bit if a kick out of the Korma, surprised the younger one was able for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight I had bangers and mash with sautéed mushrooms, onions and tiny plum tomatoes.
    I cooked the sausages in the oven and stirred in honey and wholegrain mustard for the last 10 minutes. Delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight I made Minder's Vietnamese Roast Chicken with Lemongrass from the cooking club. It was marinating all day. Beautiful flavours, reminds me so much of this particular chicken rice vendor my father used to take me to when I was about 12. I made stock from the backbone of the chicken, to cook the rice with, along with grated carrots and chunks of ginger for flavour.
    Also with some of the reserved stock I made a garlic sesame soy sauce to accompany the whole dish. Served with cucumber and tomato slices.

2014-04-10%2019.06.22_zpssoqndtjd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Honey mustard chicken with rice and asparagus.

hs6hz8.jpg

Very good.

Last night I finally finished off the roast beef and had cold slices with a roasted green pepper stuffed with chili quinoa and feta. Served with a side of chili, garlic leeks.

87D1ED4E-1EF1-414F-8876-2257CB5FB465_zpsuo8mishw.jpg

Happy Friday everyone!

7DD86A59-338A-4A19-BDF7-7668C5493F44_zpsb5rcxogp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Feta and basil omelette
    345FC8F0-2481-4504-8037-90D741BF60D4_zpskscmgdn5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A staple of mushroom and leek risotto here this evening.

Bought an extra leek and made leek and potato soup which I'll never be able to recreate as it was just bung together with no recipe, it was far and away the nicest leek and potato soup I've made. Waaaaah :(

I made this evenings dinner off the back of this post so my hearty thanks are going your way coz it was YUMMY! Dad loved it and even my mother (your typically Irish spuds and meat everyday person) had some.

I made leek, bacon and mushroom risotto. I added a small bit of the philadelphia garlic and herb cooking sauce at the end and parmesan and it was lovely.

10256144_10153968742185307_3718569023718281434_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

This evening we had minestrone..which we ate like a stew rather than drink like a soup. Very tasty. Generous helping of grated Parmesan on top too!
    6F6391B8-3860-4C75-9661-4735B45CB671_zpsczsgbz7r.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Spider Nori Maki (deep fried soft shell crab, the world's creamiest avocado & roe with wasabi mayo) and a disgusting, syrupy Sauvignon blanc that I should have complained about

9C9827F9-FFDB-4DE6-813E-47AC6962B49E_zpsj1o5jzml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Found some chorizo sausages in tesco today.

hollowed out and halved jalepeno peppers, filled with cream cheese, place a sausage on each one, wrapped in streaky bacon and baked them.

spring rolls and chicken cheese rolls

Stir fried noodles with beef coated with curry powder, mushrooms, onions and broccoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Lamb belly, rolled with a simple herb stuffing and rubbed with herbs and garlic. Cooked for 5-6 hours in an oven @ 150 .
    Resting now while I make some cous cous to go with it.

PFdF1Sqh.jpg

Grilled salmon which was marinated in soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, chili, mayple syrup, lemon juice, paprika.

Served with egg noodles, sugar snap peas, more chili and sesame seeds

9B60536D-CB73-40A4-9AFA-C67CE7F981A3_zpsuhdw2ypd.jpg

Chloebeag wrote: »
    Feta and basil omelette

What a beautiful photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

On request did a Thai Red Curry but decided to have it sea food based. Didnt follow any particular recipe but it was an amalgam of various previous efforts.

Did the paste and coconut milk thing but also added in some veg stock. Then added sliced baby corn and mange tout following by monkfish, hake and tiger prawns.

Devoured watching Salamander and some chilled Sauvignon Blanc washed it down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Last night, my first ever effort at potato gratin. Worked out very well, if I say so myself!

WP_001936_zpsd29434fa.jpg

Followed by blackcurrant ribbon cake, only made with blackberry jam thin runny bits instead of blackcurrant conserve. Delicious.

WP_001937_zpsc80101b7.jpg

I made a load of blackberry jam last year and didn't check to see if I'd appropriate jars. So I threw a load of it into a 2lb jar. So of course, lots of the fruit floated to the top and it was runny at the bottom. I used this in this recipie.

WP_001940_zps4fabcfc3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Roast Chicken, Cos, Buffalo mozzarella and pesto mayo toasted on fresh ciabatta with hand cut chips and side salad + a pint of Eight Degrees Brewery's Sunburnt Irish Red Ale from Naughtons on Mardyke Street in Athlone (beside ulsterbank, across the road from Athlone Town Centre).

All this for €10, great value and one of the best sandwiches I've had in ages.

302851.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement