Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

This looks amazing!! Were do ya live ha
    tmc86 wrote: »
    Grilled salmon which was marinated in soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, chili, mayple syrup, lemon juice, paprika.

Served with egg noodles, sugar snap peas, more chili and sesame seeds

<mod snip - don't quote pics>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

A lamb curry/vindaloo. A few bottles of beer and there's more for later :D

DSC_0383_zpscf61e4b0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Seaneh wrote: »
    All this for €10, great value and one of the best sandwiches I've had in ages.

It looks like a fine feed. Was the pint included in the price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dmc17 wrote: »
    It looks like a fine feed. Was the pint included in the price?

Yup. 8.50 for the meal with a 1.50 surcharge for any draft beer.

Food is made in High Cafe upstairs from the pub, same people as High Cafe in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

dmc17 wrote: »
    A lamb curry/vindaloo. A few bottles of beer and there's more for later :D

Loving it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Steak, caramelised onion (My 1st attempt) and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Went out for a delicious Indian meal last night. Had chicken tikka reshmi kebab to start, then had chicken dopiaza and shared aloo gobi, saag aloo, lemon rice and naan. I thought I was going to burst!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dying with a cold. A pork, cauliflower & courgette curry cleared my stuffy head. Hot whiskey with lemon, cloves & honey now just to be sure, to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A whopper chicken roasted with smoked ham & cheese butter under the skin (what better to do on your day of supposed intense project work than spending time blending butter with smoked ham & cheese), baby baked potatoes & salad. No photos cos said whopper chicken took forever to cook and we just about stopped ourselves from eating the meat off the carcass with our hands and teeth, definitely couldn't wait long enough for pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A whopper chicken roasted with smoked & cheese butter under the skin (what better to do on your day of supposed intense project work than spending time blending butter with smoked ham & cheese), baby baked potatoes & salad. No photos cos said whopper chicken took forever to cook and we just about stopped ourselves from eating the meat off the carcass with our hands and teeth, definitely couldn't wait long enough for pictures!

Ah here don't be tantalising my mouth juices when I'm starving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Vietnamese roast chicken Bánh Mì. I used a ciabatta loaf, stuffed it with loads of the chicken, salad leaves, fresh herbs, pickled veggies and lashings of sriracha hot sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Chicken and broccoli bake, was delish! Washed down with a big glass of red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Last night.......a low fat, and reasonably healthy, lemon and basil seafood linguine.

I also made a fish curry for tonight.

.......I was given a load of free fish / seafood on Friday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Kurumba wrote: »
    Chicken and broccoli bake, was delish! Washed down with a big glass of red.

Got a recipe?

Got a recipe?

Sure. It's a bit makey uppy but the general gist is:

2 chicken breasts
    Small head of broccoli
    1 tin of mushroom or chicken soup
    small amount of chicken stock
    2 tbsps creme fraiche
    1 tbsp curry powder
    Clove of garlic minced
    Good handful of breadcrumbs
    As much grated chedder cheese as you like

First chop the broccoli and put in microwave friendly dish. Half cover with water and place in microwave for approx 3-4 minutes. Enough to soften.

Fry garlic in a little oil then add chicken until browned
    In a seperate bowl pour in soup, chicken stock, creme fraiche and curry powder. Season to taste. Mix well and add to pan
    Drain
    broccoli well and add to pan.
    Leave for a further 5 minutes or so to reduce sauce a little.
    Add contents of pan to oven dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs along with chedder on top and cook in preheated oven for approx 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve and enjoy!

Actually i had white wine in the house last night so added a splash of that also!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Huge pork chop, garlic, thyme, pan juices and sprouting broccoli.

5EhnK8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lazy Sunday in our house and I didn't feel much like cooking, so I threw together some burritos. We had some beef & bean chilli in the freezer along with some wraps so it didn't feel like too much effort.

Prep time - scallions, cucumber, tomato, lettuce. Mixed some creme fraiche with cottage cheese to bulk it out with some goodness.

1_zps83aeed0a.jpg

I cooked some rice and heated the chilli and then began the layering process.

2_zpsb4fdac29.jpg

GIANT BURRITO! Couldn't manage to wrap it, could just about fold it once and then tucked it upside down. Nom.

3_zpsab07cadb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I LOVE how you've divvied out the fillings into two even helpings - it drives me nuts when people just throw random amounts of things onto a plate so the last person to get served gets scraps and bits.

(I also hate hate hate those slap-chop vegetable cutters thingys because they cut the onions into horrible irregular shapes, so I maaay be a bit of a control-freak when it comes to chopping and dividing ingredients :P).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had pork steaks sitting in a char siu marinade overnight. This evening I roasted them, then sliced them thinly and stirred them into a sweet & sour sauce with lots of garlic and chili added, and we had it with rice.

ejx2kh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

We went to my sister's house for dinner today. We were served slow cooked chili con carne (made with shin beef) and all the accompaniments. DELICIOUS!!

E3990B04-75E8-4550-861C-E6C94ED16F81_zpsns5hq8qj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was buttery roast chicken with thyme, garlic, Lardon and red wine vinegar. Served with braised peas and gem lettuce, and cubed potatoes that went a bit mush.
    Dessert was pecan pie from the cooking club. I'm going to explode.

2014-04-13%2019.04.24_zps1dvggcxp.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tonight I had a spicy chicken stew.

Browned some Chicken thighs and legs,moved to a plate, tipped in half a sliced leek, garlic, green chilli and cooked until soft and lightly browned and then added a teaspoon each of paprika and cayenne, a bay leaf and some dried thyme, rosemary and basil.
    Added a big dollop of tomato pureé and cooked it out a bit then added a heaped spoon of flour, cooked it out to a roux.
    Added can of chopped tomatoes, cooked it out for a 90 seconds added another can of chopped tomatoes and stirred it through, added some diced carrot, celery and onion and the other half of the leek, stirred it all together with about a litre of hot chicken stock, placed the chicken pieces in top and cooked on a low simmer for about an hour.

Served it with some steamer broccoli and a scoop of mash.

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Grilled striploin steak (medium), grilled asparagus (slightly overdone!), rosemary and garlic wedges, and peppercorn an coriander sauce. Hot damn it was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Friday we had lasagne (I made a big batch last week and froze it into portions, so just defrosted two portions), with a salad and home-made skinny chips done in my Actifry:

a27xxy.jpg

Today we had Mediterranean chicken with green beans and baby potatoes:

2u766aq.jpg

2r3i7ao.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Saturday night we had medium rare sirloin with lots of garlic butter, jacket potatoes and asparagus (dipped in more garlic butter!). I'd imagine we had quite the smelly house come Sunday morning :o

Last night we had a Chinese and I ordered Singapore noodles. More heat than flavour unfortunately, the local Chinese is going downhill :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A red curry from Camille Thai with chicken and extra fried tofu. Currently have quorn pieces sitting in the remainder of the sauce absorbing all the lovely flavours. Sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Am away home for Easter on Tuesday, so it has been fridge-depleting time over the weekend.

Roasted chicken thighs rubbed with harissa, & a side salad of all the veg in the chiller cabinet (cucumber, scallions, radishes & tomatoes) with red wine vinegar & white pepper dressing.

I just have an onion & two eggs left - so maybe I'll get a steak & have it with caramelised onions & fried eggs for dinner tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Had a fab day out yesterday in the sunshine, culminating in a visit to Platform Pizza in Bray. I had the goat's cheese, bacon, walnut and maple syrup pizza.

Holy God, but the hype is well deserved. Insanely tasty. It's on the special "I wanna go back and try EVERYTHING list"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Had a fab day out yesterday in the sunshine, culminating in a visit to Platform Pizza in Bray. I had the goat's cheese, bacon, walnut and maple syrup pizza.

Holy God, but the hype is well deserved. Insanely tasty. It's on the special "I wanna go back and try EVERYTHING list"

That place is unbelievable!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement