Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

B0jangles wrote: »

VVV word of warning, you get a blob of cheese literally about the size of an apple out of about 2 litres of milk VVV

It's going on my very soon to do list regardless. I may take things one step further and raid some of our cows to make it more home produced! :D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saturday night's odd collection of things that were in the fridge that turned out to be a really tasty meal.
    Lamb burgers, N. African spiced (ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, fennel, allspice, chili flakes) fried rice with onion and peas, grilled aubergine, wilted spinach and a mint, oregano and parsley dressing.

67UzFy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I took my sister for dinner in KC Peaches today; we had a mish-mash of Chinese pork stirfry, spinach and lentil Dhal, a broccoli and cauliflower bake and veggy rice. Followed up with Ferrero Rocher gelato for dessert :)

It was mostly nice, although I now know I don't like dhal! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Quorn green chili, eaten out of the Cully & Sully soup box it was frozen & reheated in. Some late evenings in college have me reduced to leftovers or toast for dinner at the minute. Or leftovers on toast, came close to making myself a chili sandwich there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Kimchee and vegetables, stir fried. (with a few sausages!)

WP_001905_zps65975bcc.jpg

pushed to the side for a better view....

WP_001906_zps9d7a3deb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

tampopo wrote: »
    Kimchee and vegetables, stir fried. (with a few sausages!)

pushed to the side for a better view....

Oh God, I don't know why, but this just sounded so dirty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh God, I don't know why, but this just sounded so dirty :o

Thanks for the morning laugh Fussy, I nearly choked on my scrambled eggs!

Hickory bacon, pea, button mushroom pasta in a creamy peppercorn & onion sauce.

Served with ciabatta garlic bread

A01CD8DD-37E9-4B92-B66F-11226BDDE054_zps5ssuqch9.jpg

Bought a nice joint of beef yesterday so that will be tonight's meal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night we had steak and chips with home made pepper sauce.

Tonight we will have a creamy pasta.

Chicken, chopped streaky rashers, scallions, red onions, mushrooms, garlic, pinch of dried parsley, thyme, rosemary, pepper, whiskey and chicken stock all simmered away for about an hour and some cream mixed through at the end. Will serve it with tagliatelle.

Can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Last night was red lentil dhal with mango chutney, and rice.

Tonight is nada. I have to work late, boo! Tea and toast at 10pm most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Dying to try that paneer stuff! :)

Yesterday we had fish pie with broccoli. Lovely.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Monday night we had chilli

7iBcAn.jpg

And last night we used the leftovers for nachos. I had no jalapeño's so I just left chopped pepper in chilli powder overnight

6VeJ3M.jpg

If I wasn't all chilli'd out... Id be having nachos again tonight!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Fridge-clearer frittata. Served with a few different salads from the shop.

Have to practice more... Got the top bit right (the bit that's cooked by the grill) but the bottom was a bit soggy. Jamie Oliver scared the sh!te out of me by saying it'll get wrecked by too a high a heat under the pan. Stupid Jamie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

On Sunday we had a BBQ party for our little ones' joint birthday (so blessed with the weather then!) and served burgers, fat hot dogs, garlic soy drumsticks, with sides of red cabbage slaw, new potato salad, and broccoli and grape pasta salad.
    Been eating leftovers since for breakfast lunch and dinner. Thank heavens the last of it finished by today's lunch, so I was looking forward to cook tonight's dinner.
    Lamb Bhuna with steam long grain rice (ran out of basmati).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Had to go to the shop to buy more mince today.

But i had mince fried up with onions, streaky bacon, broccoli and salami with a tomato sauce and brown pasta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    Kind-of-paella rice & chorizo calamari with a side salad of fried tomato pieces (skinned and seeded) with some deep fried jalapenos.

From the leftovers the next day... no jalapenos, but refried the rice the next day wit some new fresh calamari, wilted some spinach and added wit a fistful of mixed lettuce leaves, then topped with some chili flakes and lemon zest.

So tasty, it will be done again!

20140406_205945.jpg

20140406_210001.jpg

20140406_205939.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Mini quorn kiev bites, steamed green beans and carrots with a little parmesan & lemon juice. Kiev bites were ok, filling was a little gross but texture wasn't bad (am experimenting a little with frozen quorn stuff, it's handy and cheap and low calorie for quick, lard-belly friendly meals. Life is a bit hectic at the minute for cooking things)

7cab02b5-526d-4a72-8df4-6053e884409e_zpsbecc61a9.jpg

I made a stir-fry tonight but I was a bit disappointed with it as it turned out too wet.
    Tasted OK though.
    Made with chicken, carrot matchsticks, courgette matchsticks, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, red onion, red chilli, peas and Hoi-Sin sauce.
    Served with noodles.

14ucfsz.jpg

And last night we had what I call a "kiddies dinner": Mashed potatoes, beans and sausages :o
    I always enjoy dinners like this

b70wfc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭greasepalm

mashed potato looks nice,hope its not laced with salt and pepper:D

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    mashed potato looks nice,hope its not laced with salt and pepper:D

You'll be glad to hear there was no salt OR pepper...I hate pepper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

fussyonion wrote: »
    You'll be glad to hear there was no salt OR pepper...I hate pepper!

You'd love my mash so. There's more white pepper than potato in it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chickpea curry from this recipe: http://www.mummypages.ie/recipes/-chickpea-curry

My goodness, it was the nicest curry I've eaten in a looonnng time. It's going on my list of permanent recipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I'm new! I recently moved in with my partner and i want to cook good food! To say I have special needs when it comes to cooking is an understatement.

Anyway I tried the chicken and chorizo jambalaya last night. I was delighted with it! Thanks for the recipe guys.

Now god only knows what I'll try tonight :-(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ChewChew wrote: »
    Monday night we had chilli

And last night we used the leftovers for nachos. I had no jalapeño's so I just left chopped pepper in chilli powder overnight

If I wasn't all chilli'd out... Id be having nachos again tonight!! :D

You didnt invite me...nacho friend no more. :mad:

:pac:

Roast beef with a rub of sea salt, cracked pepper, thyme, mustard powder.

Served with Garlic potato gratin, roasted carrots and roast balsamic cherry toms.

I made a gravy with the meat juices, roasted onion and garlic, Worcestershire sauce, guinness, soy sauce and a bit of stock.

Lots of roast beef leftover now for tonight's meal!

F8884910-1FD8-4932-B56B-813563D27517_zpstz5axdbh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Neyite wrote: »
    You didnt invite me...nacho friend no more. :mad:

:pac:

What kind of cheese don't you own?

Nacho cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

dipdip wrote: »
    What kind of cheese don't you own?

Nacho cheese

Guys, guys, don't fight. Let's just taco bout it.

God, I want Mexican food! Last nights dinner was roasted vegetable enchiladas. Tonight's dinner will be the leftovers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm doing Chorizo, Potato and bean stew again tonight.

I'll post the results up on line later. I promised a few weeks back that i would put pics up the next time i made it.

Hopefully it'll turn out just as nice as the last time i made it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I had chili last night too, and I'm having it tonight as well. It must be catching!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement