Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Red lentil dahl, aloo tikki, chutney, rice and naans.

Stuffed to the gills.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lidl tortaloni filled with ricotta and spinach with a tomato sauce and grilled aubergine.

Have been eating a lot of the Lidl special filled pasta that's knocking around - tis very nice.

K3emRMk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pan fried huge free range, skin on, bone in pork chops.
    Fried Jerusalem artichokes with garlic and bay leaves. Grilled tomatoes with garlic. Grilled aubergine. Kale crisps. Apple, ginger and sage sauce.

8xtDg0E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just scrub your sweet potato and cut it into thick slices. Mix the zest and juice of a lime with about a tablespoon of oil, about half a teaspoon of chilli powder and a good pinch of garlic granules. Brush both sides of your sweet spud slices with it, then stick under a medium grill for about 10 minutes each side. Season & serve!

tried this friday night (with piri piri chicken instead of steak), even made the yoghurt dressing. Very easy and tasty...i couldnt remember your measurements though so the sweet potatoes came out extremely spicy! thank god i had the yoghurt :eek: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have been eating a lot of the Lidl special filled pasta that's knocking around - tis very nice.
    I had the pumpkin and sage stuffed triangular ones the other day, very nice, but very fragile .. one or two burst despite my best efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had steak and gravy with veg and garlic potatoes. Absolutely delicious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Roast potatoes (I'm into them at the moment!), Chicken breast wrapped in streaky bacon and asparagus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Duck breasts with a delicious orange and ginger sauce, green beans, carrots and potatoes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tonight we had a cauliflower and potato curry with rice and chapati, and some chilli lime pickle, mango chutney and sour cream. Decent.

w2m5oz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A riff on a dish I had over the weekend. 'Cous cous royale', which should be cous cous with merguez sausauge, chicken thighs, peppers, courgettes, harissa and lemon juice. Couldn't get merguez so there are 'Mediterranean' pork sausages and some chorizo in there. Delightful. Will hunter gather the merguez next time though.

iqBoZ5F.jpg

• Advertisement

We had pancakes filled with creamy garlicy mushrooms, and a bit of salad.

k0289f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made rice and beans (And chicken and cheese).
    slack_for_ios_upload_1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Had cooking club Salmon in a Bag last night, really tasty and would highly recommend (coming from somebody who isnt big into eating fish of any sort)

Had it with garlic/herb/lemon fried potatoes and some kale. Should of taken a picture since for once it looked pretty good on the plate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You know when you have a dinner that just hits the spot. This evening I made butter bean and potato stew. I could feel my nose clearing and my headache lifting as I ate. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Last night was a roast chicken dinner. Tonight will likely be a chicken curry. I'm aiming to be one of those people who brag on the internet that they can make 5 family dinners out of a single chicken. I suspect that boast to be little more than chicken homoeopathy but we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Had cooking club Salmon in a Bag last night, really tasty and would highly recommend (coming from somebody who isnt big into eating fish of any sort)

Had it with garlic/herb/lemon fried potatoes and some kale. Should of taken a picture since for once it looked pretty good on the plate! :)

How did you cook it in the bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,071 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Faith's fish pie. Now 4 year old isn't as keen on it as he was originally. More for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Rib eye steak cooked medium, boiled potatoes with butter and scallions, onions and mushrooms gently cooked in a drop of red wine.

Glass of red on the side.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Fried truffle gnocci from Lidl with a saucy thing of tomato and bacon. And some Parmesan.

photo%201_zpst4sl2vyw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chicken Korma.
    I thought it was lovely but the little fella wouldn't eat it. :mad: I made some curries recently that were too spicy and now when he hears the word "curry" he won't even taste it. I'll have to give it another name to get it past him!

Macaroni and cheese, with lots of cauliflower, peas and sweetcorn thrown into the bake.

No picture, but it was really yummy. I had read a tip somewhere of putting a spoon of mustard in the cheese sauce, and, boy, does that work. Definitely will keep doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Chicken Korma.
    I thought it was lovely but the little fella wouldn't eat it. :mad: I made some curries recently that were too spicy and now when he hears the word "curry" he won't even taste it. I'll have to give it another name to get it past him!

When I make curries I put a spoon of creme fraiche through my daughters curry. It makes it less spicy and save me making a second dinner which I refuse to do so everyone eats dinner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

When I make curries I put a spoon of creme fraiche through my daughters curry. It makes it less spicy and save me making a second dinner which I refuse to do so everyone eats dinner!!!

Butter works too if you don't have creme fraiche :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Butter works too if you don't have creme fraiche :)

Philadelphia works well also!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,496 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Shenshen wrote:
    No picture, but it was really yummy. I had read a tip somewhere of putting a spoon of mustard in the cheese sauce, and, boy, does that work. Definitely will keep doing that.

Frank's Red Hot Sauce is also awesome in it.
    Philadelphia works well also!

As does yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Shenshen wrote: »
    Macaroni and cheese, with lots of cauliflower, peas and sweetcorn thrown into the bake.

What kind of mustard because I'd like to try that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭b.gud

Chicken Korma.

One of my cousins was a really fussy eater when younger and would only eat chicken. He was staying over at a friends house and came home raving about the pink chicken that he had while there. My aunt rang to find out what it was, it was bacon. Turns out his friend was similarly fussy so all meat was some called variation of chicken to get around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

b.gud wrote: »
    One of my cousins was a really fussy eater when younger and would only eat chicken. He was staying over at a friends house and came home raving about the pink chicken that he had while there. My aunt rang to find out what it was, it was bacon. Turns out his friend was similarly fussy so all meat was some called variation of chicken to get around it.

LOL. When my sister and I were toddlers, we were obsessed with lollipops from some book we'd been read. My mum was very strict about healthy eating when we were small, so she used to give us sticks of raw broccoli and tell us they were lollipops. Apparently we loved them. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

b.gud wrote: »

My mum was more of the 'eat it or starve' variety.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement