Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Off Topic Thread

1253254255256257259»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Either a leader of tigrayan forces or a rare white lion cub.

On about Robbie Dunne & Bryony Frost on SSR Racing Debate on Sunday. Complaining about nothing being done; and, as well as that, they were griping about women's changing facilities..

Roll on a day or two, and the Dunne case is impending; plus the saunas are being removed from jockey changing rooms.. Hmm, maybe it's so they can say; "well, no one - not even the male jockeys - has access to saunas anymore, so need to have them in the #female changing rooms..." #that's if the females do get their own changing rooms at the track, and, if they do, it's likely there wouldn't be space, or funds, for saunas in the female jockeys' facilities..

Just an opinion/observation.. the females probably don't need to drop weight much regardless; but, I reckon they'll be getting their own changing rooms, and saunas won't be feasible, from a space/cost benefit perspective..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Original question answered

Post edited by dvcireland on

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I figured it was about time to link to my blog seeing as I've put it up in a few other places. https://50peachway.wordpress.com/

I have four blog posts up so far, the latest going up this morning about Shishkin v Energumene and how the people who have racing as a job might not have the best views, or the best ability to view racing as it is. A Hole in the Universe - Shiskin v Energumene

The first blog was about Robbie Dunne's case, which I wrote before the appeal was announced. It's not so much about the case itself but why racing and the weighing room could just be a very strange place unlike pretty much any other workplace. Frost and Dunne - What's to Blame

The second was comparing two different racing pubs, one where people took their lumps and remained stoic about it, the other where people had a whinge and moan and made excuses. A Tale of Two Boozers - Paranoia and Conspiracies in Racing

The third says that racing might have a problem in limiting its (at least the off course) audience to a very streamlined market, through the fault of no-one rather the realities of business. Comfy and Cosy - Bookies and Boozers Are Far From Horse Racing's Fantasy

I'd love any comments you have on them. I've really enjoyed writing them and have had the odd few words of encouragement from people. It's been an absolute privilege to have the freedom to sit in a pub, drinking, betting and watching horse racing so often in January and writing these blogs has been thoroughly enjoyable and to think one or two people have enjoyed them has made them really worthwhile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Our good friend Riveting Roger has covid and is in a very bad way. Please pray for him everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭kksaints

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Sending prayers may god have mercy on his soul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dr Tony his personal physician during this difficult time. He's in good hands, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I heard he was mooching the Shels fella and gave him covid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

been inactive for a while but looking to get back up to speed on the nh. Fat jockey seems active. Any other site recommendations?

Advertisement