Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I haven't heard anything. I'll ask my mate tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

shmeee wrote: »
    Flic Flac runs tomorrow night. Any word lads like last time? 6.50 Leopardstown.

Saw this.

Downey riding. Taking off 7.

12's atm.

Back to 7f though where he has 2 out of his 3 wins.

Might have to look into this one a bit myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

andyman wrote: »

Thanks.

Said i'd ask before having a cut. Interesting to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

tomaussie wrote: »
    Presume we are ok to write in here now ?

Might not be a bad idea to keep a running total on the tips.

So in light of today.

KRUSTYDOYLE - 14 tips - 5 winners at 5/2, 8/15, 9/4, 5/4, 5/4

losers at 4/6, 7/4, 16/1, 4/1, 7/4, 12/1 ,9/1, 15/8, 5/2

It will give us the opportunity to have a quick look at somebodies history and therefore make a more informed decision.

Can we spell, time and name meeting of all tips correctly (in addition to relaying the source) ? Takes just a little bit of time to do this properly.

My intention is not to turn it into a competition, quite the contrary, it is make people who post tips be more discerning about their source.

is this the best way of updating ? I've quoted and then just adjusted the original quote. Saves time no ?

• Advertisement

midajoh wrote: »
    Hard Core Debt 4:00 from a good source currently 4/1

Can we spell the names correctly ?

Time the horse runs at ?

Name the meeting they run at ?

And a tad of information relating to the source ?

MIDAJOH -

6 TIPS.

ZERO WINNERS

6 LOSERS - 5/1, 4/1, 40/1, 11/4, 16/1, 16/1

Bateman wrote: »
    I don’t think people should be using this thread to call out anyone posting tips that are beaten, or were previously beaten. This is more annoying than people posting thank you messages, which I think is OK.

To some extent, there has to be an assumption that someone is posting in good faith and trusts the person giving them the tip. All these “tips” are is info in fairness, the horse could be working great at home and layed out to win the race, and still get chinned on the day. I’ve posted one to date, a Bolger horse in a maiden, tip came from Brendan Duke. Horse was beaten. However if anything strong gets passed onto me again, I’ll post on the basis that people are mature enough to realise that not every tip is going to win. And if something is beaten by a half a length, well that’s life. If every “tip” won then we could all quit our day jobs but that’s not how life works.

In a nutshell. Not all tips win but we can judge ourselves from post count and previous contributions who might be worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Were all of the double figures unplaced though? Worth mentioning in fairness.

Blackstone 8.00 4-1
    ''Horse will not be beaten'' 88%

Do with info as you please.
    Rowlestone Lad in the 8:40.

No idea where this lads gets these tips, but he is usually on the money. Only got this now so sorry about the price coming in. 3/1 right now.

Guys. I'm willing to do some leg work re tips and to assemble some sort of win / lose strike rate but can all tips be - SPELLED CORRECTLY, TIMED CORRECTLY and the MEETING stated.

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    Were all of the double figures unplaced though? Worth mentioning in fairness.

Not worth a mention to me. People can do their own research if they wish. Not trying to be harsh Bateman.

Also, I have some free time coming up over the next week or so and I'll try and do some more but as I don't back these tips then I have no idea who considered good or bad with their information.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

In all fairness the first 4 tips i have posted i said the source wasn't very reliable.As for the last 2 i have given i said they were from a better source and both were placed at each way odds.I guess this will be the last time i'll post anything here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chonghmfc

Strobe 4:30 Perth 6/1 - from my friend who works at Perth racecourse, I can't say anymore - it is NOT direct from the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Not worth a mention to me. People can do their own research if they wish. Not trying to be harsh Bateman.

Also, I have some free time coming up over the next week or so and I'll try and do some more but as I don't back these tips then I have no idea who considered good or bad with their information.

No offence mate, but as someone who does selectively benefit from these tips I,m wondering what benefit your intervention would be, as you seem to have already alienated one poster although I don,t doubt you are well intentioned and this is solely my view.Surely nobody blindly follows all the tips and a certain amount of picking and choosing is taken as a given.I was prepared to continue to make my own assessment of MIDAJOH,s tips but it seems you have deigned to deny me that choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Taff

if they were placed at 16/1 it should be worth a mention - it's very likely those who would have backed them would have taken the each way route, or might do so next time.

16/1p is all it takes :)

andyman wrote: »

I'm after just taking the 10s in Boyles. Best price atm, as low as 5s in places and 7s and 8s about.

Backed ew @ 10s as value was gone to me if went any lower.

Good support in market would indicate a chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

Pity to see the bickering regarding losing tips, I for one wont part with my money without taking a quick look at the racing post first, unless of course the poster is reputable and there area few that have won me a lot of money. Like other threads on different sites when the going is good its very good ;) but after a few losers you see the complaining and that's when everyone starts keeping their tips to themselves and we all lose out. So lets get things back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is a great thread BUT there are clearly posters putting up fancies and not tips. This is against the rules. It is clear to see that some of these "tips" are not even trying, one even finished last and was clearly out for a spin.

A little more information is required so we can decipher what is a tip and what is a fancy.

The good and genuine tipsters are helping us to beat the bookies, the others are helping the bookies beat us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it looks to me like some of these new IDs posting "tips" might be here just to throw the board off kilter. The board was on an amazing run with few tips and then suddenly there were lots of tips with mixed results. Stats of course will tell you that would happen but i still think some IDs are suspect.

Posting a persons track record publicly will invariable turn the thread into a competition so i would suggest against that. I personally just keep note of a person tips in a Notepad file on my PC and update it as i go along, which is pretty simple.

Don't listen to me though as i haven't even posted a tip yet. If/When i do you should put the house on it. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

A lot of bad blood on this forum recently so I've been reluctant to give a tip, so i think ppl should ease off on abuse and only back if u think a source is reliable or not.. At the end of the day ur getting tips off strangers so u must be sceptical anyway...

I posted one tip and it was pulled out by Tony Martin for another day so here is another one from me:

21:10 Newbury-Arabian revalution

Given this godolphin horse by someone very close to Kildangan stud and they said that this horse WILL hack up today as they thought it was a very good horse ,a lot better than the company tonight ... Won a very good maiden which a couple of winners came out of..So the form os there regardless

So lads back it if u trust me and il be online after for ur thanks...

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it looks to me like some of these new IDs posting "tips" might be here just to throw the board off kilter. The board was on an amazing run with few tips and then suddenly there were lots of tips with mixed results. Stats of course will tell you that would happen but i still think some IDs are suspect.

Posting a persons track record publicly will invariable turn the thread into a competition so i would suggest against that. I personally just keep note of a person tips in a Notepad file on my PC and update it as i go along, which is pretty simple.

Don't listen to me though as i haven't even posted a tip yet. If/When i do you should put the house on it. :cool:

The people who are thinking this about some posters and naming them doesn't help matters either. They're just as bad.

The talk about yesterday stops now by the way. If you suspect there are people who are trying to get us to lose money/posting fancies instead of actual tips then PM me. Anyone trying to take matters into their own hands will be carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

I'm sticking my neck out here was told Bribe The Bouncer 8:00 if this doesn't win i promise not to post anymore.

Flashdean wrote: »
    A lot of bad blood on this forum recently so I've been reluctant to give a tip, so i think ppl should ease off on abuse and only back if u think a source is reliable or not.. At the end of the day ur getting tips off strangers so u must be sceptical anyway...

I posted one tip and it was pulled out by Tony Martin for another day so here is another one from me:

21:10 Newbury-Arabian revalution

Given this godolphin horse by someone very close to Kildangan stud and they said that this horse WILL hack up today as they thought it was a very good horse ,a lot better than the company tonight ... Won a very good maiden which a couple of winners came out of..So the form os there regardless

So lads back it if u trust me and il be online after for ur thanks...

We have surely missed the value on this, 7/2 last night when it was tipped up around on a few sites. 13/8 now.

If lads could post tips ASAP it would be a massive help before money floods in.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

We have surely missed the value on this, 7/2 last night when it was tipped up around on a few sites. 13/8 now.

If lads could post tips ASAP it would be a massive help before money floods in.

I couldn't post while in work.. the tip is there so do as you wish..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Christybartley

First time poster

Joe Foley (Ballyhane Stud) gave us Shackled N Deawn , Newbury 735. A lot of unraced big yards n opposition so don't go mad

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

BOOOOOOOM!

Flic Flac runs tomorrow night. Any word lads like last time? 6.50 Leopardstown.

We said it lads, that's why we stuck it in the tracker.

Get the **** in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

We said it lads, that's why we stuck it in the tracker.

Get the **** in there!

Dediddledebop!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sweet, guaranteed price bonus from pp to boot. Winville.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement