Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

LMAO!

Am I missing out on something funny here?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Am I missing out on something funny here?

Yes -- Your first tip - all that info from the inside and he forgot to tell you it was a non runner!

Again

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Yes -- Your first tip - all that info from the inside and he forgot to tell you it was a non runner!

Again

LMAO
    Not his fault.The horse could of been pulled out this morning.

Again

LMAO

I dont want to say too much incase I get an infraction again but when he txted me it was last night and the horse was running and priced at 8/1. He is a busy man the fact he never texted this morning to tell me the horse has been withdrawn doesnt bother me. Being my first piece of information it is typical the horse was withdrawn tho lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I dont want to say too much incase I get an infraction again but when he txted me it was last night and the horse was running and priced at 8/1. He is a busy man the fact he never texted this morning to tell me the horse has been withdrawn doesnt bother me. Being my first piece of information it is typical the horse was withdrawn tho lol

Saw it last night alright priced at 8/1 too! Pulled out this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I know its not your fault. I just thought it was funny - its like something that would happen to me - no malice intended!

I'll be glad to take anymore tips you throw out!

I know its not your fault. I just thought it was funny - its like something that would happen to me - no malice intended!

I'll be glad to take anymore tips you throw out!

I know man, no bother. Hopefully he might have something for me later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Almerzem 6.50 Kempton

Rocket Ship 7.20 Kempton

Both from my reliable source

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Hard Core Debt 4:00 from a good source currently 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

midajoh wrote: »
    Hi no offence but is this the same source as the rest of the tips you've put up as I don't believe any have came up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

extremely weak in the market.
    opened 5/2, and now over 5/1 on the exchanges, appears you are the only one on it.

Hi no offence but is this the same source as the rest of the tips you've put up as I don't believe any have came up yet?

It's from the same source that told me to back Special Miss the other night who was only beaten by a 1/2 length

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It's from the same source that told me to back Special Miss the other night who was only beaten by a 1/2 length

Sorry but if your defending your source for giving a horse beaten a 1/2 length you can't seriously expect people to listen.

I understand just passing on what i'm told and the source that told me has being decent in the past.Don't back it but just watch and see for future tips to see if this guy is worth the punt.

diff trainer and jockey to special miss, are these just personal fancies of some lad you know?

i did notice some writer in the sporting life napped both of them though !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don’t think people should be using this thread to call out anyone posting tips that are beaten, or were previously beaten. This is more annoying than people posting thank you messages, which I think is OK.

To some extent, there has to be an assumption that someone is posting in good faith and trusts the person giving them the tip. All these “tips” are is info in fairness, the horse could be working great at home and layed out to win the race, and still get chinned on the day. I’ve posted one to date, a Bolger horse in a maiden, tip came from Brendan Duke. Horse was beaten. However if anything strong gets passed onto me again, I’ll post on the basis that people are mature enough to realise that not every tip is going to win. And if something is beaten by a half a length, well that’s life. If every “tip” won then we could all quit our day jobs but that’s not how life works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Bateman wrote: »
    I don’t think people should be using this thread to call out anyone posting tips that are beaten, or were previously beaten. This is more annoying than people posting thank you messages, which I think is OK.

To some extent, there has to be an assumption that someone is posting in good faith and trusts the person giving them the tip. All these “tips” are is info in fairness, the horse could be working great at home and layed out to win the race, and still get chinned on the day. I’ve posted one to date, a Bolger horse in a maiden, tip came from Brendan Duke. Horse was beaten. However if anything strong gets passed onto me again, I’ll post on the basis that people are mature enough to realise that not every tip is going to win. And if something is beaten by a half a length, well that’s life. If every “tip” won then we could all quit our day jobs but that’s not how life works.
    While I agree to a point I think it's 4 or 5 that haven't come in in a row. Perhaps it is a genuine tip but the poster hasn't put anything more than someones told me to back this. No mention of how they are connected etc. Some further information would be appreciated.

Bateman wrote: »

there's a diff between info from a yard, or source, and just something that a friend of yours fancies, that's what we need to ascertain on this thread, which is for INFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Enough of the bickering.

To those people who are "calling out" tipsters, please be aware that this can be classified as backseat modding and is punishable with a warning, an infraction or a weeks ban if it's abusive.

If you don't trust the tipsters source, don't back the horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

andyman wrote: »
    Enough of the bickering.

To those people who are "calling out" tipsters, please be aware that this can be classified as backseat modding and is punishable with a warning, an infraction or a weeks ban if it's abusive.

If you don't trust the tipsters source, don't back the horse.

hear hear...in the words of Brick Top "Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ****ing Jacobs off"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

hear hear...in the words of Brick Top "Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ****ing Jacobs off"

A % win rate would be helpful though and a deterrent to fancies

• Registered Users Posts: 35,891 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Blackstone 8.00 4-1
    ''Horse will not be beaten'' 88%

Do with info as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

76895-grandpa-simpson.gif

*unfollows thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rowlestone Lad in the 8:40.

No idea where this lads gets these tips, but he is usually on the money. Only got this now so sorry about the price coming in. 3/1 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

non trier surely unless something wrong with the horse

no doubt there'll be no questions asked either way

plasteritup banned.

Any more rule breaches and we go back to Tips only. You're being given a chance here folks, don't ruin it.

That was very bizarre. Travelled like a dream and the jockey barely used the whip.

Unlucky Francie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hard luck. Looked all over a winner 2 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

andyman wrote: »
    That was very bizarre. Travelled like a dream and the jockey barely used the whip.

Unlucky Francie
    Sorry lads, two furlongs out I was ready for counting my money on that one. Think it'll be one for the tracker regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Flic Flac runs tomorrow night. Any word lads like last time? 6.50 Leopardstown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement