Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the book be beaten ...long term?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

im on the rocky wagon from the start, hope it picks up a bit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Ok. Maybe a 1,000 following is a stretch. Couple of hundred maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭del roy

4.15 the hooded claw €20 e/w 12/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Best of luck with this, but in my experience if you're betting things the night before that then go on to have a much shorter BSP your accounts are going to last less time than a snowman in the sahara

Best of luck with this, but in my experience if you're betting things the night before that then go on to have a much shorter BSP your accounts are going to last less time than a snowman in the sahara

agree but I also put them up here asap so not to muddy the waters, no use me saying the next morning Jerry gave me this last night when it was 10/1
    sorry it is now 11/2

ya see where I am at.

• Advertisement

No bother and admire your dedication, just saying it's a catch 22. Need to get on at best price (i.e. usually earliest) possible but accounts will fall by the wayside if that is your MO.

Personally would like to see overnight prices scrapped completely, they just give the books an early steer and highlight any real ricks before bigger bets can be got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

No bother and admire your dedication, just saying it's a catch 22. Need to get on at best price (i.e. usually earliest) possible but accounts will fall by the wayside if that is your MO.

Personally would like to see overnight prices scrapped completely, they just give the books an early steer and highlight any real ricks before bigger bets can be got on.

Should be minimum liability legislation (which would probably spell the end of overnight prices)

Bank
    82 bets
    12 winners

-€235

6.45 robbie roo roo €40 e/w 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Fanny **** wrote: »
    minimum liability legislation
    What does that mean?

What does that mean?

I think he means the bookies must take a minimum bet of any punter who walks thru the door,

so everyone can at least get the set minimum amount on said horse then get knocked back after they get that on.

is this what you mean

• Advertisement

del roy wrote: »
    Bank
    82 bets
    12 winners

-€235

6.45 robbie roo roo €40 e/w 8/1

into 4/1 with some books

2.50 zigger zagger €20 e/w 14/1

Bank
    83 bets
    12 winners

-€315

2.50 zigger zagger €20 e/w 14/1

5.55 highland pass €20 e/w 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Hedgeinaror waiting for inquiry massive elbow after last fence and held straight line

Bank
    85 bets
    12 winners

-€395

2.40 wishful dreaming €40 e/w 16/1

2.40 wishful dreaming €40 e/w 16/1

3.10 sheer intensity €20 e/w 12/1

Bank
    87 bets
    12 winners

-€515

12.40 rely on me €40 e/w 9/1

12.40 rely on me €40 e/w 9/1

9/1 into 11/2 and stone last.

Bank
    88 bets
    12 winners

-€595

1.40 fenlons corner €40 e/w 14/1

into 9/1 with some firms already, don't know who the kid is giving these to but there is more than 45 people backing these, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

1.40 fenlons corner €40 e/w 14/1

into 9/1 with some firms already, don't know who the kid is giving these to but there is more than 45 people backing these, that's for sure.

whoever is following must have very deep pockets!

doesn't take much now these days to move markets.

• Advertisement

Bank
    89 bets
    12 winners

-€675

:rolleyes: me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

bookman2 wrote: »

doesn't take much now these days to move markets.

if like 10 people all put any kind of bet on at all , that will move the prices and others just follow suit. Especially in these midweek races.

Big races on a Saturday are a lot different it takes much more to move the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Del, I know you are following with your own hard earned but as I understand it, this started mainly as an experiment on whether the kid can get ahead or not, and have to say I've been following from the start of the original thread and its been interesting to watch how its being going.

He's been in the hole since coming back here however and just wondering at what point you will get fed up testing a system which basically amounts to blindly following this guy's tips. In saying that, its clear from your own posts that you know your own stuff, so would you not get more fun out of backing your own judgment? Does the whole routine of wait for tip > get tip > back tip > await result > post the new balance in the kitty, not become a giant bore?

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Del, I know you are following with your own hard earned but as I understand it, this started mainly as an experiment on whether the kid can get ahead or not, and have to say I've been following from the start of the original thread and its been interesting to watch how its being going.

He's been in the hole since coming back here however and just wondering at what point you will get fed up testing a system which basically amounts to blindly following this guy's tips. In saying that, its clear from your own posts that you know your own stuff, so would you not get more fun out of backing your own judgment? Does the whole routine of wait for tip > get tip > back tip > await result > post the new balance in the kitty, not become a giant bore?

I know he has won 4 of the last 5 years and only once during that time did he not make a three figure point profit so as I said I will follow upto 2k.

After that I will go back to losing on my own selections.

You're only down something like 20 points at average stake? It's not *that much* at sort of prices that are being bet - just need the old variance to improve.

You're only down something like 20 points at average stake? It's not *that much* at sort of prices that are being bet - just need the old variance to improve.

actually down 29pts so far but I see where your coming from with the sp of the bets.

Navan 1.00 Not many left €40 e/w 9/1 1st 3/1

a few restricted accounts after that sp

2.15 Boite €100 win 5/2 max bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Boooom

• Advertisement

Navan 1.00 Not many left €40 e/w 9/1

Bumper, I would say his dad got some word for that one but hey they all count and will soften the max bet losses, if it loses.

2.15 Boite €100 win 5/2 max bet

hope most got 8s or 7s

Advertisement