Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

dunner515 wrote: »
    I have set my tag to IRL and I have applied for the Platoon, just waiting on confirmation :)

Welcome sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I got it in a Premium Battlepack on Monday so it's possible your nephew took it. Check your battlepacks from 2 days ago and see if it's there. Don't think you'll ever actually notice it in game though. It just puts your emblem on the chute when you deploy it.

got it today when i logged on so it's all good.

the snake was on for a bit too but rage quit during operation locker again lol

i.imgur.com/ujoZVG7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

SharpCoder wrote: »
    got it today when i logged on so it's all good.

the snake was on for a bit too but rage quit during operation locker again lol

i.imgur.com/ujoZVG7.png

lol yeah right were all not like you,throwing your dummy out of the pram,i came in for 1 game before the footie son,of course i bossed the game,same time i couldnt stick being in the same squad as you fecking embarrassing,go away and learn how to shoot ya crosseyed bitch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Trying to finish the Terminator challenge but finding it seriously frustrating. Is it just me or are other people finding they are getting stuck on objects/steps more in-game since the patch?
    Shotguns are definitely not for me, fun at times, but overall just a ton of frustration. Give me an LMG or AR and i'm good! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

keithc83 wrote: »
    Trying to finish the Terminator challenge but finding it seriously frustrating. Is it just me or are other people finding they are getting stuck on objects/steps more in-game since the patch?
    Shotguns are definitely not for me, fun at times, but overall just a ton of frustration. Give me an LMG or AR and i'm good! lol

You still have 12 hours to finish it so no rush. I'm supervising an exam so I'm just roaming around on the Battlelog forums. I find that vehicles are gone back to the old ways - If you crash into a tree with a tank the tree will stick to the top of the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

keithc83 wrote:
    Trying to finish the Terminator challenge but finding it seriously frustrating. Is it just me or are other people finding they are getting stuck on objects/steps more in-game since the patch? Shotguns are definitely not for me, fun at times, but overall just a ton of frustration. Give me an LMG or AR and i'm good! lol

stick to locker and you will make it. I used that map a lot for darrens challenge with the spas and racked up the kills. pearl market not too bad also, and metro great for the CQB but you can't beat the craziness of locker for up close and personal , ideal for the shotgun.

cobraeire wrote: »
    lol yeah right were all not like you,throwing your dummy out of the pram,i came in for 1 game before the footie son,of course i bossed the game,same time i couldnt stick being in the same squad as you fecking embarrassing,go away and learn how to shoot ya crosseyed bitch :p

excuses excuses lol

Is is double XP this weekend?

the big ps4 2.0 firmware update is out monday i think also.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I find that vehicles are gone back to the old ways - If you crash into a tree with a tank the tree will stick to the top of the tank.

I find that too, a lot of what should easily be destructible from before the patch is now made of steel. Same when i try to walk, if there is a little step i get stuck and have to jump where as before i would have easily walked over it.
    stick to locker and you will make it. I used that map a lot for darrens challenge with the spas and racked up the kills. pearl market not too bad also, and metro great for the CQB but you can't beat the craziness of locker for up close and personal , ideal for the shotgun.

Cheers, will give those maps a run out later tonight. I was playing against you and another clan i think for a couple of games on Chainlink last night but the team i was on were getting completely dominated and had no idea how to work together, so i switched to TDM.

excuses excuses lol

Is is double XP this weekend?

the big ps4 2.0 firmware update is out monday i think also.

You picked the perfect time for Premium right at the very last Double XP event but yes it is this weekend. It was the last weekend of every month, so start busting out those 200%/100% boosts.

PS4 2.0 out on 28th which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Speaking of challenges.......

@dunner515 Would you be up for taking part in our weekly Loadout Challenge?? Basically we come up with a few Assignments or goals for you to aim for over the course of a week, and a specific loadout for you use while attempting to complete it. No troll loadouts or anything too ridiculous(except for Gerry, cos he challenged me :)). It's a fun way to try out guns you wouldn't normally try etc

• Advertisement

@dunner515 Would you be up for taking part in our weekly Loadout Challenge?? Basically we come up with a few Assignments or goals for you to aim for over the course of a week, and a specific loadout for you use while attempting to complete it. No troll loadouts or anything too ridiculous(except for Gerry, cos he challenged me ). It's a fun way to try out guns you wouldn't normally try etc

don't give him the spas for the love of God or he will leave and join dermots clan! ;-)

don't give him the spas for the love of God or he will leave and join dermots clan! ;-)

clans disbanded son, I'm just your bf4 daddy now :D

Name| Shotgun Ribbons | Pistol Ribbons| Shotgun Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    paul_booth_fan|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    Keitchc83|Completed|43|Completed|45

2 Pistol Ribbons shy of finishing it - To be fair you did join after the halfway point so did have less time.

Will be breaking in a new challenge Sunday/Monday-ish

DMR!! DMR!! DMR!! DMR!! :D

Got a wonderfully lucky kill earlier. I was playing a few rounds before work with some of the lads and we were on Lockers. Teammate got killed beside me so I charged up my paddles to revive him..............just as an enemy spun me round to take my tags. Defibed him square in the chest for the kill :D

Was chatting to Dunner515 as well and he said he'll do the Loadout Challenge tomorrow.

Objectives:

Not The Weakest Link - ✓
    Co-Pilot - ✓
    Packing A Punch - ✓
    Curveball - ✓

bonus objective - work in progress lol

Objectives:

Not The Weakest Link - ✓
    Co-Pilot - ✓
    Packing A Punch - ✓
    Curveball - ✓

bonus objective - work in progress lol

Nice work, gettin sh1t done. Lost none of your edge eh, SHARPCoder?..........:pac:......... I'll let myself out....

Loadout Challenge

Player: dunner515

Kit: All
    Primary: Any
    Attachments: Any
    Secondary: Any
    Grenades: M67 Frag
    Gadgets: Any

Objectives: Swiss Cheese(Destroy 3 vehicles as Support), Not The Weakest Link(2 PDW Ribbons, Link 8 points in Chainlink, Get "Squad Order Followed" 8 times), unlock the M416, unlock the A-91, unlock the MK11 Mod 0.

Genuinely had difficulty picking out a Loadout cos you're so new to the game so I thought it best to pick out some of the better weapons in each class for you to work towards. The M416 is easily one of the best Assault Rifles, same of the A-91/MK11/MPX & AWS. For the "Swiss Cheese" Assignment I'd say just stick C4 on a quad bike and you'll have no problems completing it.
    You'll also have to use all the kits at some point so it'll be a good way for you to get used to the adaptability needed for Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Loadout Challange

Player: GerB40

Kit: Recon
    Primary: SRR-61
    Attachments: 8x Scope & Variable Zoom
    Secondary: G 18
    Grenade: M34 Incendiary
    Gadgets: PLD & T-UGS

Objective: Recon Expert

Only the 1 Assignment this week but I think you'll agree it's a proper challenge Gerry(remember, you asked for it):D. You'll need to get 29 Marksman Ribbons to complete it and unlock the FY-JS Sniper Rifle. I'd recommend Rush or anything on the China Rising dlc specifically to find lots of stationary targets. Use the PLD to get the range and the Variable Zoom when needed. G18, T-UGS and Incendiary for anyone that gets too close.

Sorry Gerry......

Aaaannndd done.. Jesus that was a pain in the bollix, only took me two weeks :-)

GerB40 wrote: »
    Aaaannndd done.. Jesus that was a pain in the bollix, only took me two weeks :-)

Atta boy, just don't pin your hopes on the FY-JS becoming your go-to sniper. Considering the sheer amount of effort needed to unlock it, its so disappointing.
    Congrats though Gerry :D

• Advertisement

Name| Shotgun Ribbons | Pistol Ribbons| Shotgun Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    paul_booth_fan|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed|
    Keitchc83|Completed|43|Completed|45

2 Pistol Ribbons shy of finishing it - To be fair you did join after the halfway point so did have less time.

My accuracy let me down on the pistol part, at least i got the shotgun target but talk about frustrating. The last couple of days doing that challenge were a freaking big test in patience! :pac:
    Looking forward to see what you have in store for the next one!

I'm starting to come around to the Locker mayhem :D

There was quite a few very good rounds tonight lads. Feckin hammered them

Hopefully there will be a lot more of this in future games.
    Ig2qPqy.jpg

Anyway Challenge time:
    Open Challenge
    Kit: Any
    Primary: SKS DMR
    Attachments: No optics or accessories
    Any Barrel attachment and underbarrel

Secondary: .44 Magnum
    Attachments: Also no optics or accessories only barrel attachments.

Grenades: V40 Mini
    Gadgets:
    Assault: Medic Bag and M320 HE
    Support: Ammo box and M224 Motar
    Engineer: Repair tool and M14 AT mines
    Recon: SUAV (Use MAV if you don't have it) and radio beacon

Objective:100 Kills with SKS (based on current count)
    20 kills with the .44 (based on current count)
    Duration: 28th October - 4th of November

Additional: This challenge features 2 weapons from the Gold assignments "American Classics" and "From Russia with lead". While the challenge doesn't require these to be completed they may be worth looking post-challenge.

Usual means of taking part and the challenge will go live at 00:00 tonight.

Name| DMR Kills | Pistol Kills| DMR Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|26|37|126|57
    paul_booth_fan|21|109|121|129
    GerB40|69|78|169|98
    Bordorfox|60|20|160|40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Hopefully there will be a lot more of this in future games.
    Ig2qPqy.jpg

Anyway Challenge time:
    Open Challenge
    Kit: Any
    Primary: SKS DMR
    Attachments: No optics or accessories
    Any Barrel attachment and underbarrel

Secondary: .44 Magnum
    Attachments: Also no optics or accessories only barrel attachments.

Grenades: V40 Mini
    Gadgets:
    Assault: Medic Bag and M320 HE
    Support: Ammo box and M224 Motar
    Engineer: Repair tool and M14 AT mines
    Recon: SUAV (Use MAV if you don't have it) and radio beacon

Objective:100 Kills with SKS (based on current count)
    20 kills with the .44 (based on current count)
    Duration: 28th October - 4th of November

Additional: This challenge features 2 weapons from the Gold assignments "American Classics" and "From Russia with lead". While the challenge doesn't require these to be completed they may be worth looking post-challenge.

Usual means of taking part and the challenge will go live at 00:00 tonight.

Name| DMR Kills | Pistol Kills| DMR Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|26|37|126|37|

Actually after the bastard of a challenge Darren set me (29 Marksman Ribbons) DMRs were gonna be my next aim. So I'm definitely up for this... I was gonna leave BF4 for a while to concentrate on The Evil Within but I've lost interest in it completely. So battlefield 4 it is:)

Got the Magnum outta the way(always reminds me how much I love the Deagle) so just the SKS to focus on now. I'm gonna keep going with it till I finish the Russian Assignment, only need the SKS headshots anyway and I've been great at putting it off so far.

EDIT: SKS total reached.

Can't wait to actually put some attachments on now :D. Tis a good gun alright, a little more spam fire than I'm used to but definitely effective.

Look what's coming soon.........

v8N7oXW.png?1

Almost 1,000,000 points between levels from 130 upwards:eek:

Can't wait to actually put some attachments on now . Tis a good gun alright, a little more spam fire than I'm used to but definitely effective.

Got the Magnum outta the way(always reminds me how much I love the Deagle) so just the SKS to focus on now. I'm gonna keep going with it till I finish the Russian Assignment, only need the SKS headshots anyway and I've been great at putting it off so far.

EDIT: SKS total reached.

SKS not too bad at all, not as good as the Mk11 but a hell of a lot better than the m39. trying to complete the American classics assignment and it's a piece of craps compared to the SKS, doesn't feel as accurate

Look what's coming soon.........

Almost 1,000,000 points between levels from 130 upwards

****e buckets at the ready lads......

SKS not too bad at all, not as good as the Mk11 but a hell of a lot better than the m39. trying to complete the American classics assignment and it's a piece of craps compared to the SKS, doesn't feel as accurate

Jeez I hated every damn second using the M39. Was ecstatic to finish that Assignment. The SCAR-H SV is supposedly ok so I'll probably get around to that in a while. Next up though is the 'Made In China' Assignment and the QBU-88.....:pac:

• Advertisement

Jeez I hated every damn second using the M39. Was ecstatic to finish that Assignment. The SCAR-H SV is supposedly ok so I'll probably get around to that in a while. Next up though is the 'Made In China' Assignment and the QBU-88.....

In the middle of the Made in China assignment aswell. using the QSZ-92, I think I could take more damage off the enemy if I just threw it at them instead of shooting........

Advertisement