Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

In the middle of the Made in China assignment aswell. using the QSZ-92, I think I could take more damage off the enemy if I just threw it at them instead of shooting........

Yeah it seems to rely on its rate of fire rather than outright damage

Attack Choppers are finally getting some attention in the CTE and I'm glad to see the change to head glitching. Simple fix but huge impact

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Attack Choppers are finally getting some attention in the CTE and I'm glad to see the change to head glitching. Simple fix but huge impact

Not too concerned about the chopper but the head glitching fixes are more than welcome as they're a major problem in bf4.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Not too concerned about the chopper but the head glitching fixes are more than welcome as they're a major problem in bf4.

I totally agree. I've never seen so many head glitchers in any other FPS game other than BF4. But at least they are patching it. Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Yeah, Cobra will be fecked now! ;-p

• Advertisement

The Attack Chopper should instil fear though. It should be a tank in the sky, not a bath tub of inevitable death for the pilot.
    I thought it was near perfect in BF3 in terms of maneuverability and speed etc. Found the double flares and super long range capabilities borderline OP though. Seen a fair few 40/50+ kill streaks from a chopper half way across the map, essentially camping with the chopper!:pac:
    keithc83 wrote: »
    I totally agree. I've never seen so many head glitchers in any other FPS game other than BF4. But at least they are patching it. Finally.

Which is exactly why I despise any type of competitive matche. It basically just dissolves into who can head glitch the most.

The Attack Chopper should instil fear though. It should be a tank in the sky, not a bath tub of inevitable death for the pilot.
    I thought it was near perfect in BF3 in terms of maneuverability and speed etc. Found the double flares and super long range capabilities borderline OP though. Seen a fair few 40/50+ kill streaks from a chopper half way across the map, essentially camping with the chopper!:pac:

Which is exactly why I despise any type of competitive matche. It basically just dissolves into who can head glitch the most.

Yeah, more "no iglas, stingers, smaw,straws allowed" messages on servers so they can get 50 kills to 1 or 2 deaths with them makes the game that much more fun.

The head glitching, specially on siege of shanghai at B base is paramount, why they all go on the high rise with the somewhat indestructible fence and just shoot out through it without response in 90% of the cases.

Yeah, more "no iglas, stingers, smaw,straws allowed" messages on servers so they can get 50 kills to 1 or 2 deaths with them makes the game that much more fun.

I personally go outta my way to avoid those servers. I know it can't be helped it some times(like joining on friends etc) but it really doesn't take long to check the server info and spot potential badmins. If people regularly keep populating those servers then they do so knowing full well the rules and ridiculous restrictions. They're either jet/chopper whores or just idiots.
    The head glitching, specially on siege of shanghai at B base is paramount, why they all go on the high rise with the somewhat indestructible fence and just shoot out through it without response in 90% of the cases.

Ironically, the most effective way to deal with them is to head glitch from the opposite, slightly higher roof:D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

7G6e2Lo.png

I'll be avoiding custom servers for a while I think and West US servers for that matter (Cobra)

In terms of the challenge I am really liking the SKS - There have been a few victories against assault rifles and carbines (PDWs seem to be dominant)

**Just a few clips to share.
    First one is showing (proving) that the SKS can be fired fast without too much accuracy loss.
    Second is one that made Cobra laugh
    Third is a stupid EOD controller VS a stupid solider
    Fourth is nothing spectacular but ending up getting me banned from the server (I was following their ridiculous rules)
    Fifth is the longest timed incendiary grenade I've ever seen in Battlefield

So this happened a while ago......

Where do I empty this then???hYkdixV.jpg?1

• Advertisement

So this happened a while ago......

Where do I empty this then???hYkdixV.jpg?1

funny-iphone-wallpaper-success-0011.jpg

As for emptying that, maybe you could start the sh1t bucket challenge as a follow up to the ice bucket challenge. I hear Cobra would be up for it! :pac:

As for emptying that, maybe you could start the sh1t bucket challenge as a follow up to the ice bucket challenge. I hear Cobra would be up for it! :pac:

Ha, not a bad idea that. Of course Cobra would be up for it..........there's no fear of him filling his any time soon :D

couldn't fit anymore sh1te on his head lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Played 64 player obliteration, same laugh really.

The server fell down to around 18 v 18 and geez the matches were epic.... sometimes that game mode can be fantastic when not a sniper/camper fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Great stuff to be honest.

I used the attack choppers when I can and I say my k/d ratio is negative in them, so slow and the missiles, I find, are very slow to fire and not powerful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Ha, not a bad idea that. Of course Cobra would be up for it..........there's no fear of him filling his any time soon :D

lol and we know yours is always full sir ,not for the gaming end but for a ll the talk :) come to think of it,dermots bath tub is overflowing by now,as for ice/**** bucket,yeah i`d be up for it,done one already,but could do a clan one ;)

good job we have shareplay now darren, you can do his assignments for him, since he's incapable lol

good job we have shareplay now darren, you can do his assignments for him, since he's incapable lol

lol.....i`d quicker have you do it dermot and your crosseyed,we`ll call u sprayfox from now on :)

cobraeire wrote: »
    lol and we know yours is always full sir, not for the gaming end but for all the talk :)

Someone has to fill the silence during your NAT issues on party chat :D.

Damn proud of my sh1t bucket too. Bring on Level 140!! :pac:

alan is only scared you would make him look bad darren,

and he says this doesnt happen also

ibbFqk84gqtKU8.gif

• Advertisement

there u go u just filled it again :P

cobraeire wrote: »
    there u go u just filled it again :P

UhujVEC.jpg?1

tumblr_mgqsj7rHta1rvuqp4o1_r1_400.gif

dUHOuuY.gif

I thought this **** only happened to me lol

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    tumblr_mgqsj7rHta1rvuqp4o1_r1_400.gif

Ha ha, even has Dermot pervin in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Hopefully there will be a lot more of this in future games.
    Ig2qPqy.jpg

Anyway Challenge time:
    Open Challenge
    Kit: Any
    Primary: SKS DMR
    Attachments: No optics or accessories
    Any Barrel attachment and underbarrel

Secondary: .44 Magnum
    Attachments: Also no optics or accessories only barrel attachments.

Grenades: V40 Mini
    Gadgets:
    Assault: Medic Bag and M320 HE
    Support: Ammo box and M224 Motar
    Engineer: Repair tool and M14 AT mines
    Recon: SUAV (Use MAV if you don't have it) and radio beacon

Objective:100 Kills with SKS (based on current count)
    20 kills with the .44 (based on current count)
    Duration: 28th October - 4th of November

Additional: This challenge features 2 weapons from the Gold assignments "American Classics" and "From Russia with lead". While the challenge doesn't require these to be completed they may be worth looking post-challenge.

Usual means of taking part and the challenge will go live at 00:00 tonight.

Name| DMR Kills | Pistol Kills| DMR Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|26|37|126|57
    paul_booth_fan|21|109|121|129
    GerB40|69|78|169|98
    Bordorfox|60|20|160|40

Done.

Halfway - Update

Name| DMR Kills | Pistol Kills| DMR Target | Pistol Target
    XtraFalcon|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed
    paul_booth_fan|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed
    GerB40|Completed|Completed|Completed|Completed
    Bordorfox|60|23|160|40

Still time for people to take part as we're coming up to the weekend.

Still time for people to take part as we're coming up to the weekend.

Speaking of challenges; the Loadout merry-go-round has come full circle so you're up this weekend Chris :D. If anybody has any specific ideas or challenges for XtraFalcon then feel free to speak up. Sure he won't mind :)

Speaking of challenges; the Loadout merry-go-round has come full circle so you're up this weekend Chris :D. If anybody has any specific ideas or challenges for XtraFalcon then feel free to speak up. Sure he won't mind :)

I started the loadout challenges back in 2010 (During Bad Company 2) so I'll accept any challenge anyone gives me, (as if I'm setting a good sport example) not saying I'll complete it (time constraints) but I'll definitely accept it.

Bring-it-gif.gif

• Advertisement

I started the loadout challenges back in 2010 (During Bad Company 2) so I'll accept any challenge anyone gives me, (as if I'm setting a good sport example) not saying I'll complete it (time constraints) but I'll definitely accept it.

Bring-it-gif.gif

What about completing the Eagle's Nest Assignment using the following loadout?

Recon Class
    Primary
    Sniper Rifle: L96A1
    Optic: Hunter Scope
    Accessory: Canted Ironsights
    Barrel: Any preference

Secondary
    Sidearm: Deagle 44
    Optic: Ghost Ring
    Accessory: Tri Beam Laser
    Barrel: Suppressor

Gadget 1: C4 Explosive
    Gadget 2: Radio Beacon

Grenade: RGO Impact

Field Upgrades: Sniper

Anyone else have any other ideas or where you could "improve" on the above challenge idea? :pac:

Advertisement