Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Just a bit late alright :) The alternative though is that they don't do anything about it and it remains the unbalanced, poorly thought out, almost shameful, husk of a once proud game mode. As stated in the video, some of the changes are still maybe a little unbalanced but that's why the CTE was set up in the first place. By getting feedback directly from the only people that actually matter, genuine BF players, I'm optimistic it'll improve a lot. Regardless of the changes they make however, the bad map design could still cripple Rush.

@BordorFox @Cobra
    If you two keep this up..........do I get 2 presents at Christmas??

Just the one darren (me) :) ya got to stick with your clan mates ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

@BordorFox @Cobra
    If you two keep this up..........do I get 2 presents at Christmas??

I was told not to post here because i wasn't a clan member lol but don't expect anything back from that grinch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'm just gonna leave this here for you 2........

saucer-of-milk_zpsmke3yxhs.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Advertisement

Right so ....

I think it's best for myself if I hand over my IRL tags, as I just don't see anything happening.

Nothing to do with you lads it's just Battlefield in itself.

Playing it has become more or a chore than an enjoyable/fun experience.

It's slowly becoming a clone of itself which will eventually turn the gameplay sour a lot of the community already has become so.

I played a few games today and we lost 2 games after a streak of 3 wins, as soon as the first loss came - A MASSIVE amount of the players on my team dropped from either leaving or jumping to the other team which caused us to get spawn trapped very early which caused the second loss.

I'll gladly still play with any of you that are on if I decide to jump on Battlefield again but at the moment it's just a stale experience for me.

I think it's best I just disconnect myself (As if EA doesn't do that to me enough as is) from any clans and/or activities as the moment as I'm more of a ceremonial member at the moment anyway.

Anyway just letting you all know in a public state. If anyone wants to drop me off their friend's list and scorn my name for the rest of your/my life (Either/OR - I'm not picky) - You are more than welcome.

Farewell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Right so ....

I think it's best for myself if I hand over my IRL tags, as I just don't see anything happening.

Nothing to do with you lads it's just Battlefield in itself.

Playing it has become more or a chore than an enjoyable/fun experience.

It's slowly becoming a clone of itself which will eventually turn the gameplay sour a lot of the community already has become so.

I played a few games today and we lost 2 games after a streak of 3 wins, as soon as the first loss came - A MASSIVE amount of the players on my team dropped from either leaving or jumping to the other team which caused us to get spawn trapped very early which caused the second loss.

I'll gladly still play with any of you that are on if I decide to jump on Battlefield again but at the moment it's just a stale experience for me.

I think it's best I just disconnect myself (As if EA doesn't do that to me enough as is) from any clans and/or activities as the moment as I'm more of a ceremonial member at the moment anyway.

Anyway just letting you all know in a public state. If anyone wants to drop me off their friend's list and scorn my name for the rest of your/my life (Either/OR - I'm not picky) - You are more than welcome.

Farewell!!

I've been feeling fairly numb towards the game a lot these days myself, I do like playing with you lads when I have a chance and if any of you guys are online, I stuck the game on Saturday I think it was, had 2 dodgy kills against me and I switched it off!

I think Destiny may have spoiled it for me, I'm eagerly awaiting that now....

In saying that, if new Map packs go live tomorrow I may give it a look...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Is there a hammers39 part of your platoon? Runs IRL tag and is Irish. Guy spams XM25 all game in Metro in a server with the XM25 banned.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Is there a hammers39 part of your platoon? Runs IRL tag and is Irish. Guy spams XM25 all game in Metro in a server with the XM25 banned.

Not part of ours anyway.

There is another IRL Clan, nothing to do with boards though.

Not part of ours anyway.

We will probably have to wait a month or so for implementation -

Looks like they are releasing the CTE patch just for you Darren, check out the Rush changes :

PATCH CHANGES This is what is included in this patch:
    Jet Tweaks
    All third person jet chase cameras retuned
    Different positions, chase behavior, 1P/3P/rear view instant switching, aligned with weapons and first person view, default FOV increased by 10 degrees
    Reticle added in jet third person view
    (levels the player field since some people already draw such on their monitors with sharpies to gain advantage)
    Added jet roll camera option
    Choose whether the jet third person chase camera rolls with the jet or not (BF2/BF3)
    Added an experimental drop shadow to 3P crosshairs
    It is now visible against bright background (e.g. clouds, sun, etc.)
    Animation Tweaks
    Reduced 3p hit reaction animation movement (head flinching) To move head less when damage is applied. First pass. . Obliteration Fixes
    Made obliteration bomb HUD icon show/hide every 10s/5s
    For the enemy bomb carrier, always shows up when the carrier gets into a vehicle.
    Added back round end timer pausing for Obliteration when a bomb is planted
    (time has run out)
    Added bomb carrier driver alert
    Bomb carrier jumps into the vehicle you are driving triggers message to driver
    Commander Fixes
    Increased the gunship cooldown for Commander to 60 sec. Bug fix Fixed edge case where a commander asset will never get “activated” for a team if it is under proxy attack (frozen state) . General Fixes
    Made both 40mm and M18 smoke grenades spawn more smoke quicker Also matches the “no spotting” bubble better – should be more usable in tactical situations. Lancang Dam VO and Alarm Changes No more repeating chinese lady! Added Caspian Border 2014 map to CTE map pool
    Mini Initiative: UI Triage We are kicking off a mini-initiative to de-clutter and improve on the UI and tweaks starting with adding one of the most sought after features. It’s still a bit rough around the edges, but we wanted you to see it early!
    First pass of Triage system added Visualizes how long time a player is in revivable state for better prioritization
    Known issues are clipping text, and size is too big as well.
    X_Assassinator is the dev running this effort, I’ve opened a feedback thread specifically for UI here: Open UI-Triage Forum.
    DICE <3 RUSH We’ve listened to your feedback and this patch includes the first update to Zavod 311 map based on that. We are also adding another map to the pool – Operation Locker.
    OPERATION LOCKER CHANGES
    Small note:The fact that we’ve reduced the range of the radar sweep on attacker HQ + no commander should really benefit sneaky flanking on this map. I’ll be especially monitoring cover problems in feedback but any other feedback is of course welcome as usual.
    Adjusted defender combat area at base 1 to not allow them as close to attacker spawn
    Adjusted defender spawns at base 1
    Adjusted attacker combat area at base 1
    Moved MCOM 1A
    Added some cover around 1A & 1B
    Added some cover for attacker advancement in the main corridor towards base 2
    Removed floating props after set piece event at base 3
    Increased radius of pre destruction to make set-piece event happen automatically at base 3
    Moved 3A & 3B further apart moved existing rush cover to support it
    Added collision to the side of the balconies to restrict player access at base 3
    Moved defender spawns at base 3 backwards to not have them spawn too close to the objectives
    Moved 5A & 5B slightly
    ZAVOD 311 FEEDBACK CHANGES
    Moved attacker flags 1, 2, 3, 4 to avoid a bug with radar sweep object in flag prefab and also to reposition for better radar sweeps
    Fixed bug with a defender spawn on base 1 spawning outside of combat area
    Moved MCOM 1A and 1B slightly
    Added some cover around MCOM 1B and one piece of cover to 1A
    Fixed a floating rock close to base 1
    Removed predestruction on building at base 2
    Moved MCOM 2A and 2B slightly
    Added some cover around MCOM 2A and 2B
    Moved an emplaced AT at base 2
    Moved an emplaced AT at base 3
    Removed an emplaced AT at base 3
    Removed MGL battlepickup at base 3
    Levolution auto triggered at the start of the game
    Moved MCOM 3B
    Extended defender combat area at base 3 backwards a bit
    Very slightly extended attacker combat area on base 4
    Zavod Vehicle changes
    Attacker transport helo now only allowed inside infantry combat area
    Attacker transport helo moved to start at base 3 instead of 2
    Attacker MBT replaced with MRAP
    Attacker AAV replaced with IFV
    Defender MBT added for base 3

• Advertisement

I seen a few videos showing the changes to Rush alright, fairly drastic changes as well. Looks good though. This looks really interesting; it's the Medic Triage system in action....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Ok, no world cup matches tomorrow and im off the drink, so wondering if a few of us fancy blowing the dust off BF4 tomorrow night and having a few games? Ill probably be on around half 9 or so if yis do.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Ok, no world cup matches tomorrow and im off the drink, so wondering if a few of us fancy blowing the dust off BF4 tomorrow night and having a few games? Ill probably be on around half 9 or so if yis do.

Yeah if I'm online drop me an invite....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yeah if I'm online drop me an invite....

yeah i`ll jump on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭allybhoy

cobraeire wrote: »
    yeah i`ll jump on :)

U can only play if your not gargled! Actually scratch that u were gas Craic the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

allybhoy wrote: »

Should be on mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

:confused::confused::confused::confused: Ermm try again :P:P:P:P

miju wrote: »

The player in question, hammers39, is indeed a member of an IRL Clan. However, he is not specifically affiliated with the boards.ie PS4 Clan.

No offence or disrespect meant to the XBone/PC IRL community etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

miju wrote: »

IRL titanballs clan i hear haha

BordorFox wrote: »

Thought it was pronounced TitanFAIL.........

• Advertisement

BordorFox wrote: »

IRL fanboys be hating :P:P:P:P:P

The improvements from the CTE are really stepping up in pace now with the HUD clutter currently being addressed. It'll be interesting to see how much actually gets implemented in the forthcoming patch.

The improvements from the CTE are really stepping up in pace now with the HUD clutter currently being addressed. It'll be interesting to see how much actually gets implemented in the forthcoming patch.

From what I gather on Reddit, the next update will focus on the first initial gameplay changes to Rush, but I think it won't get as far as the dlc maps, just vanilla - then the next update after will include the last of the gameplay changes and the medic and HUD clutter fixes....

It will only get better I hope with Dice LA at the helm...

New update out, I wonder what they have broken... :D

New update out, I wonder what they have broken... :D

New Dragons Teeth home screen at least :)

Just noticed we've now got a separate ADS sensitivity in the controls option

The new Phantom Initiate camo looks awesome. Can't wait for Dragons Teeth to actually launch next week and I can go about unlocking that MPX

Just noticed we've now got a separate ADS sensitivity in the controls option

What's that when its at home? :)

• Advertisement

What's that when its at home? :)

ADS = Aim Down Sight sensitivity of movement

Advertisement