Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Fieldog wrote: »
    What's that when its at home? :)

Basically means you can have a different speed of movement for your hip fire and for when you aim down your sights. It goes up to 200% so I suspect a lot of fine tuning to be done. My sensitivity is already at 65 so when I turned up the ADS option it was insanely quick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Basically means you can have a different speed of movement for your hip fire and for when you aim down your sights. It goes up to 200% so I suspect a lot of fine tuning to be done. My sensitivity is already at 65 so when I turned up the ADS option it was insanely quick

Cool,

Gonna jump on now and give it a go,

I believe there is a frame rate improvement?

Noice...

I dunno if this patch will have the CTE improvements, may have to wait for the DLC to drop next week to see that....

Edit : Internet gone to ****, no BF4 for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

PS4 Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
    -Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
    -Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
    -Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
    -Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
    -Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
    -Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
    -Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn’t become available for others to join
    -Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
    -Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water

MODES:
    -Added Conquest Small on PlayStation 4
    -Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
    -Server Browser support added to Squad Join (Beta)
    -Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags
    -Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu

USER INTERFACE:
    -Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn’t display squad members presence correctly
    -Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
    -Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
    -Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
    -Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
    -Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
    -Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier
    -Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
    -Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)

WEAPONS:
    -Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
    -Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
    -Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
    -Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
    -Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
    -Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
    -Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

BordorFox wrote: »
    PS4 Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
    -Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
    -Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
    -Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
    -Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
    -Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
    -Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
    -Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn’t become available for others to join
    -Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
    -Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water

MODES:
    -Added Conquest Small on PlayStation 4
    -Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
    -Server Browser support added to Squad Join (Beta)
    -Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags
    -Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu

USER INTERFACE:
    -Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn’t display squad members presence correctly
    -Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
    -Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
    -Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
    -Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
    -Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
    -Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier
    -Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
    -Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)

WEAPONS:
    -Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
    -Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
    -Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
    -Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
    -Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
    -Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
    -Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

Really nice little changes and I'm actually looking forward to some 64 man Conquest Small :). I'm assuming we'll be getting another lump of improvements brought over from the CTE in the Dragons Teeth launch next week as well.

Really nice little changes and I'm actually looking forward to some 64 man Conquest Small :). I'm assuming we'll be getting another lump of improvements brought over from the CTE in the Dragons Teeth launch next week as well.

IF the CTE improvements get patched in next week, we live in hope, that's all we can do....

• Advertisement

There is no conquest small that has 64 players, only conquest large has 64 players.

Conquest small has 32 players.

BordorFox wrote: »
    There is no conquest small that has 64 players, only conquest large has 64 players.

Conquest small has 32 players.

Can we not change the player count in our server like the other game modes or is it locked?

Just outta curiosity, how diminished are the admin powers because we run our server as Official? I know it's trade off with trying to get players in via Quick Match, but does anyone happen to know the different options available to admins in a Ranked server?

IF the CTE improvements get patched in next week, we live in hope, that's all we can do....
    I seen a post on Twitter saying that the fliching mechanics, the visual recoil and the Medic timer will be in the first patch AFTER the Dragons Teeth dlc.

I'm also happy that they're looking to implement a server side option to turn off all aim assist :)

Just outta curiosity, how diminished are the admin powers because we run our server as Official? I know it's trade off with trying to get players in via Quick Match, but does anyone happen to know the different options available to admins in a Ranked server?

I seen a post on Twitter saying that the fliching mechanics, the visual recoil and the Medic timer will be in the first patch AFTER the Dragons Teeth dlc
    I'm also happy that they're looking to implement a server side option to turn off all aim assist :)

First patch after DT?

So will it be the week before End Game by the time we see them changes?

First patch after DT?

So will it be the week before End Game by the time we see them changes?

Yeah first patch after. I don't think we'll be waiting too long to be honest though. The CTE is doing **** loads of work so they should be able to fine tune it quick enough. Hopefully they'll use the time during this Battlefest community appeasement charade to work on getting the patch ready. Battlefest ends middle of next month, they announce a patch for the end of next month just in time for the Premium double XP weekend :D. I'd be happy with that.

• Advertisement

Yeah first patch after. I don't think we'll be waiting too long to be honest though. The CTE is doing **** loads of work so they should be able to fine tune it quick enough. Hopefully they'll use the time during this Battlefest community appeasement charade to work on getting the patch ready. Battlefest ends middle of next month, they announce a patch for the end of next month just in time for the Premium double XP weekend :D. I'd be happy with that.

To co release with Battlefront, the final BF4 update, ha ha

You heard it here first!

In other news, the BF Facebook page has tried defending itself and the game with a troll-ey admin of the page :

http://i.imgur.com/2XGWnqV.png

Can we not change the player count in our server like the other game modes or is it locked?

No, official means no custom settings.

Until the recent patch you were not able to kick or ban anybody with clan tags unless you left the server and did it manually via the server management screen. PS4 server options are extremely limited and only allow basic editing like bleed rates, ticket count and some spawn options and commander toggle and a few other small ones. The PC version has vastly superior options.

We have a new player appreciation, i mean "battlefest" month coming soon that will span another month and more useless camo.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-battlefest/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Quick rundown of Chainlink before tomorrow mornings launch

Obligatory launch trailer...

Edit : Damn I hate trying to link on my phone, I make a balls of it....

Ha ha, if your lucky like I was, Spear might even swing by with his mighty mod powers and give ya a tellin off :D

Looking forward to Dragons Teeth actually, not sure I'm completely sold on the infantry heavy maps(I do loves me some armour) but I really want that MPX. Pretty odds on that the Desert Eagle will be patched very very shortly as well so I wouldn't mind unlocking that before it is.

Its up on the PS Store via the app, 6.3Gb download....

Its up on the PS Store via the app, 6.3Gb download....

Yeah downloading now. Kids are heading out with nanny for the day as well so I'll be able to get on for a bit before work :)

Yeah downloading now. Kids are heading out with nanny for the day as well so I'll be able to get on for a bit before work :)

Good stuff, my pair off in the UK ATM, I have the PS4 on standby, suppose I better get up and make tea... :D

• Advertisement

Good stuff, my pair off in the UK ATM, I have the PS4 on standby, suppose I better get up and make tea... :D

This must have some of the CTE improvements as well cos it's taking an age to download :(

30 minutes in................3 hours to go...............

30 minutes in................3 hours to go...............

I love these estimated download times, 38 minutes left now :)

I love these estimated download times, 38 minutes left now :)

Mines done already, I was down in Dublin I'm back and it's done, ha ha

Mines done already, I was down in Dublin I'm back and it's done, ha ha

Just finished now as well. Hopefully the missus gets stuck in traffic on her way home from work........

Just finished now as well. Hopefully the missus gets stuck in traffic on her way home from work........

I'll be on now in 10 or so for some carnage, doing me chores before I sit down, ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Well lads...first impressions?

allybhoy wrote: »

Only played the 1 map(Sunken Dragon) looks very very good...........Unica 6 is a beast :D

allybhoy wrote: »

Played 3 out of the 4 maps, didn't get to see Pearl Market before the missus got home unfortunately. Didn't get to play long enough to give a full opinion yet but the maps look fantastic and they seem to play well, at least on Conquest anyway.

SUNKEN DRAGON; plays very well despite the relatively huge body of water between the land and the hotel. Plays like Langcam Dam except not as sh1te basically. No Mobile AA, 1 chopper and LAV each, but lots of buildings and cover for infantry to use so it works.

PROPAGANDA; is very good. Even though the whole thing is essentially grey buildings it still looks good. The flags are separated by the railroad and the only armour is 1 tank each so there's no need to run a squad of engineers or anything.

LUMPHINI GARDEN; has loads of elevation changes but the Chinese spawn is ridiculously unbalanced. Expect to be spawn camped, A LOT, by the more unscrupulous players. Other than that it's another good map to be honest. Lots of waterways and bridges and obvious paths so I reckon anyone running with Slams will have a field day.

PEARL MARKET;.......................

Overall I liked the first hour I played and the one thing I will say is that considering that this is supposedly 'Close Quarter' DLC of the BF4 cycle I was somewhat surprised by the amount of long range combat I was getting into. So much so I ran as a Recon for basically my whole play session. Found the Motion Balls and C4 to be very effective for locating hidden enemies and taking out their cover. Sniper Rifle with canted iron sights and a decent pistol(*cough*Unica*cough*) makes you very capable for most distances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Good stuff, talked the missus through how to download it on me lunch so ill be on later if anyone else has it.

Advertisement