Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

allybhoy wrote: »
    Good stuff, talked the missus through how to download it on me lunch so ill be on later if anyone else has it.

I can see myself being up all night after work to be honest so if anyone is on around 2am I'll jump on.

Just played 2 very quick games of Chainlink there, and surprisingly I can see myself enjoying it a lot. The gamemode itself really encourages big flanking pushes beyond the enemy lines and the maps provide lots of opportunities to do so. We managed to complete a full chain in my second round and the 800 tickets expired in just over 7 minutes! Very quick, very intense and lots of infantry firefights. Pleasantly surprised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I can see myself being up all night after work to be honest so if anyone is on around 2am I'll jump on.

Just played 2 very quick games of Chainlink there, and surprisingly I can see myself enjoying it a lot. The gamemode itself really encourages big flanking pushes beyond the enemy lines and the maps provide lots of opportunities to do so. We managed to complete a full chain in my second round and the 800 tickets expired in just over 7 minutes! Very quick, very intense and lots of infantry firefights. Pleasantly surprised :)

Good stuff, is commander disabled for that mode? Would be pretty pointless if it wasnt!

Good stuff, is commander disabled for that mode? Would be pretty pointless if it wasnt!

Honestly can't remember, on the way to work so I can't check but as far as I know there's no commander. If you try it out just bring your reflexes, people ****ing everywhere :)

Am I the only one who cannot play a single round on Pearl Market?? All the other maps load fine, I just get stuck in an infinite load screen if I try play any game mode on Pearl Market.....

Am I the only one who cannot play a single round on Pearl Market?? All the other maps load fine, I just get stuck in an infinite load screen if I try play any game mode on Pearl Market.....

Myself and Thurles had a good few rounds last nght, we had to play CQ Small as Conquest Large was just a clusterfeck and there was so much going on, especially when you dont know the maps. Overall, we enjoyed it, I havent played regularly in a long time so reflexes were a little bit rusty but definately enjoyed it. Think i also need to tweak some of the new settings as it felt very twitchy last night.

• Advertisement

Myself and Thurles had a good few rounds last nght, we had to play CQ Small as Conquest Large was just a clusterfeck and there was so much going on, especially when you dont know the maps. Overall, we enjoyed it, I havent played regularly in a long time so reflexes were a little bit rusty but definately enjoyed it. Think i also need to tweak some of the new settings as it felt very twitchy last night.

From what I've heard it's probably the worst of the new maps, but it's just annoying at this stage that I still can't even play it. If I join any server(DICE or rented, ranked or official) and it goes to Pearl Market I just stay in the loading screen while everyone else carries on like normal. I tried to join on Fieldog a few times yesterday and kept having to shut down and then relaunch Battlefield until he moved onto the next map. I sent Battlefield a message and twitter and they haven't a clue what to do so yay.
    On the plus side though, I think I'm in love................ Screenshot_2014-07-16-03-53-57-1_zpsc6yv4kmm.png

Is it any use? I have to get 5 more links for it. I unlocked the bulldog last night, wasnt mad on it especially with ironsights has a really bad kick and random spray, just couldnt be accurate with it at all, had to be within shotgun range to get a kill with it.

I want to get the deagle, but have to get fecking kills whilst swimming is a nightmare, especially on 64 player servers, you are just a sitting duck.

Looking at the stats for it, its like the SR2 but not as good in close quarters but it does have slightly better range. I loved the SR2, think i have the most kills with that weapon so id say ill like it, ill try unlock it later.

Is it any use? I have to get 5 more links for it. I unlocked the bulldog last night, wasnt mad on it especially with ironsights has a really bad kick and random spray, just couldnt be accurate with it at all, had to be within shotgun range to get a kill with it.

I want to get the deagle, but have to get fecking kills whilst swimming is a nightmare, especially on 64 player servers, you are just a sitting duck.

Maybe it's just because it's new but I feckin love the thing. Only got 1 or 2 rounds in with it before calling it quita about 4.30am and I enjoyed it.
    Picked up the bulldog and yeah those iron sights seem like they're horribly inaccurate. Like the damage model though.
    Play on Sunken Dragon and stay around the hotel, you'll see about half the players in the water trying to unlock the Unica. Just hide like **** and try steal other peoples kills :). I still need a few more Unica headshots for the Deagle

Maybe it's just because it's new but I feckin love the thing. Only got 1 or 2 rounds in with it before calling it quita about 4.30am and I enjoyed it.
    Picked up the bulldog and yeah those iron sights seem like they're horribly inaccurate. Like the damage model though.
    Play on Sunken Dragon and stay around the hotel, you'll see about half the players in the water trying to unlock the Unica. Just hide like **** abs try steal other peoples kills :). I still need a few more Unica headshots for the Deagle

Cheers ill try that so

• Advertisement

Hey Cobra, reckon you can knife me with this thing on my back???? Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-43-52-1_zpsx5qran7p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Hey Cobra, reckon you can knife me with this thing on my back???? Screenshot_2014-07-16-11-43-52-1_zpsx5qran7p.png

I`ll try my best darren ;),i have a can opener thingy on my swiss army knife :D

The CS5 sniper rifle is interesting alright. Just unlocked it and I guess it has potential. We'll see

2 Unica headshots away from my Deagle as well :D

****ing Deagle..........first pot shot I take is about a 40m headshot :D:D

Eh first impressions..............oh my...... unlock it quick before it gets nerfed. Sweet **** is it lethal, I was using it to snipe at people way beyond the range of the MPX. I'm genuinely in love now, **** the Unica :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Back in the fold after a long absence; I gave the new DLC a quick whirl last night, only for a couple of games of rush on maps who's names I can't even remember. Overall lots of fun, although I think once people get used to them there's a potential for lot's of spawn-trapping to take place.

Whatever updates they did seem to make the game alot nicer, although I did find myself getting one-shotted and shot around corners more than once. Such is life in battlefield!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dragon's Teeth = very good so far if you take away being killed by the Deagle and Bulldog 95% of the time... ugh.

mozattack wrote: »
    Dragon's Teeth = very good so far if you take away being killed by the Deagle and Bulldog 95% of the time... ugh.

I actually found the bulldog to be a little underwhelming. It's good alright but certainly not the new God gun I was expecting from all the CTE hype. Still prefer the Scar-H for everything except close quarters, and at that range I'd probably prefer the AEK.
    As for the Deagle........ its ****ing awesome so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else having issues getting into the game?

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues getting into the game?

Only Pearl Market, still cannot play a single round on it yet. Everything else was running fine today

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

I'm looking to join an Irish clan, i'm living over in Oz and treated myself to a PS4. I have played BF3 for a bit, not for a good while, and i'm keen to play with some Irish people.

I am finding the huge maps impossible! I upgraded a few kits to try and get a slight edge but no look at all... i'm hopeless...

Before I lose the will the live I'd appreciate a bit of banter and some guidance while paying..alot to ask I know..

User name is KillinDemSoftly - hopefully one day my username might be actually fitting...ha..;)

Cheers W

• Advertisement

Only Pearl Market, still cannot play a single round on it yet. Everything else was running fine today

No problems at all on my end

I think after about 4 hours on DT I can say that the maps are excellent.

There is some hate towards Pearl Market I believe but I think it is great fun, kinda like the close quarters DLC expanded 8 fold so a nice change and a good chance to use a shotgun for once.

Propaganda is surely going to be a classic, I love that map even though I was killed by the train twice - funny really.

Sunken Dragon is also good, not sure it will be a classic but it holds it own - check this game out http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/489826552541673600/278703154/. WOW

The garden map is also solid.

All in all, very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

witzky wrote: »
    I'm looking to join an Irish clan, i'm living over in Oz and treated myself to a PS4. I have played BF3 for a bit, not for a good while, and i'm keen to play with some Irish people.

I am finding the huge maps impossible! I upgraded a few kits to try and get a slight edge but no look at all... i'm hopeless...

Before I lose the will the live I'd appreciate a bit of banter and some guidance while paying..alot to ask I know..

User name is KillinDemSoftly - hopefully one day my username might be actually fitting...ha..;)

Cheers W
    No problem sir just if you would put your tags as IRL and you can sign up,i will add you then :) cheers http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

So I had to completely delete BF4 from my Playstation and do a full re-install of Premium + all 4 DLCs + the actual game(which I started at 10.30am and was still installing when I left for work at 4.30pm!!) Reckon it took somewhere around 7 hours or so for the game to fully install. Anyway, I can now finally get onto Pearl Market :) Yay for technology.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I HATE PEARL MARKET................complete cluster**** with about 65 different angles to consider a threat every time you try cross a street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So I had to completely delete BF4 from my Playstation and do a full re-install of Premium + all 4 DLCs + the actual game(which I started at 10.30am and was still installing when I left for work at 4.30pm!!) Reckon it took somewhere around 7 hours or so for the game to fully install. Anyway, I can now finally get onto Pearl Market :) Yay for technology.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I HATE PEARL MARKET................complete cluster**** with about 65 different angles to consider a threat every time you try cross a street.

Really?

Your download must have corrupted on that map alone...

I had no issue playing any of the 4 maps for the brief time I did the other day...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Really?

Your download must have corrupted on that map alone...

I had no issue playing any of the 4 maps for the brief time I did the other day...

Literally only that map. The other 3 worked fine on any gamemode but that one map alone just wouldn't load up. Ah well, it's working now so hopefully I'll be able to get on for a bit tonight and finally play a full map rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I joined a game earlier with Pat and Darren and I got in as the maps were switching and the Lumphini garden map WILL NOT load at all. Stuck on a loading screen forever.

I tried other lobbies and I got in a Propaganda match and as soon as it was over next came Lumphini garden and it still wouldn't load.

My tolerance of this game is becoming capped.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I joined a game earlier with Pat and Darren and I got in as the maps were switching and the Lumphini garden map WILL NOT load at all. Stuck on a loading screen forever.

I tried other lobbies and I got in a Propaganda match and as soon as it was over next came Lumphini garden and it still wouldn't load.

My tolerance of this game is becoming capped.

It was Pearl Market for me that wouldn't load, I've seen guys on forums that had the same problem with the Sunken Dragon map. There must be something inherently with the dlc itself that corrupts the download. It's only affected a small percentage of us so far but when they release the dlc for the non premium in another week you could see a flood of players suffering. I imagine they're looking at a solution before it's full release, at least I'd like to hope they are.

I had to completely re-install Battlefield to fix it. Might be your only option Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

It was Pearl Market for me that wouldn't load, I've seen guys on forums that had the same problem with the Sunken Dragon map. There must be something inherently with the dlc itself that corrupts the download. It's only affected a small percentage of us so far but when they release the dlc for the non premium in another week you could see a flood of players suffering. I imagine they're looking at a solution before it's full release, at least I'd like to hope they are.

I had to completely re-install Battlefield to fix it. Might be your only option Chris.

I had to do that to get Naval Strike maps working and even then they still don't load sometimes. I'll wait for another while and hope a quickfix is sorted out when it's out for everyone.

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I had to do that to get Naval Strike maps working and even then they still don't load sometimes. I'll wait for another while and hope a quickfix is sorted out when it's out for everyone.

Well fingers crossed something gets worked out for ya. Lumphini Garden is quickly becoming one of my favourite BF4 maps, especially after the mud-slide.

Advertisement